PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts of Ogre goodness

wolf40k
02-05-2008, 01:24
What do you guys think of this list, a horde ogre army.

Tyrant w/ Heavy Armour (5+Sv)
Thunder Mace (GreatWeapon or single attack as stone thrower)
Cathayen Jet (3+ward saves against magic and bound spells )
Mawseeker name (+1 toughness, subject to stupidity) 301pts

3xOgre Bulls w/Champion and Iron Fists 140pts

3xOgre Bulls w/Champion and Iron Fists 140pts --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 pts

Thatís 12 groups of ogre bulls running around.

Or I could have 13 units of bulls if I take out the iron fists and add an ogre to two of the units.
Just an idea Iíve had for a while. Pick a part and let me have it :D

wolf40k
02-05-2008, 04:50
Why do people ignore me

wolf40k
02-05-2008, 04:51
just like my parents , oh did i say that out load.

athamas
02-05-2008, 06:37
give it some time,

and you posted at 02:30 am for most people [alot of this board is made up of English people who will be inbed at that time..]

your main problem will be the lack of magic... a new VC army will have a field day with you...

you need something to counter magic..

BigRob
02-05-2008, 06:51
I'm not getting it. Any magic heavy army will toast you, gunlines will shoot you to bits and regular armies will win through static CR. That tyrant will be easily avoided and any march blockers will slow you to a crawl.

Consider a more balnced approach. Butchers for magic, Gorgers to demolish gunlines etc

Have fun

Necromancer2
02-05-2008, 14:30
Drop 5 unit to get a butcher or 2 and then add 2 Gorgers.. you'll still have 8 bull units.

pkain762
02-05-2008, 17:10
i agree with all the statements above.... you need a butcher to beef up a couple of units.... cause a naked bull unit is going to have a tough time with anything that's descent in combat....

i am a real big fan of more ironguts than bulls..... i still bring one or two bull units but i like having atleast 2 units of ironguts..... i put one unit on each flank and meet in the middle....

gorgers are good too... cause even if they get shot by warmachines.... that's 1 2 or 3 turns that the warmachines aren't shooting at the rest of your army

that's my two sense..... tenderizers are better in my opinion too.... thundermace can be unreliable

kain

Mercules
02-05-2008, 17:23
Aside from that... if you really want a Horde Army out of OK. Drop the Champions. You can then spend points on a few Bellowers(which might get more use) and numerous Gnoblar units which could be nice for getting in your opponents way. Swap a couple Bulls for a unit or two of Ironguts for the Str6 attacks and you are in business.

Magic and shooting will make your life miserable, but if that is what you would like, have fun.