PDA

View Full Version : WA: Daemons - Questions

Pontus
02-05-2008, 11:51
After reading it a couple of times, i have a few questions for you who might know.

What is the unit strength of multiple wound cavalry? Fleshhounds and bloodcrushers have more than one wound, and they count as cavalry even tho they mount on a large base.

Can you choose duplicates of the same icon? I dont see the icons listed as magic banners, but instead as unit upgrades. However, im fine with only having one of each in an army. Not trying to argue a point, merely asking.

Atrahasis
02-05-2008, 11:53
Cavalry is US2.

Duplicates of Icons is currently being debated in another thread, but I'm yet to see evidence that they cannot be duplicated.

T10
02-05-2008, 12:25
Either their larger bases mean they count as ogre-sized infantry (US 3), or as monsters (US = starting wounds), or the fact that they are cavalry models overrides this and they count as US 2.

-T10

Atrahasis
02-05-2008, 12:39
They certainly can' be monsters, as they form units.

jahorin
02-05-2008, 13:05
They certainly can' be monsters, as they form units.

I don't want to contradict you, but ogres are treated as a monster when a single model but can form a unit.

Crispian25
02-05-2008, 13:23
It says in the book that even though the models are mounted on a larger than 25x50mm base, they count as cavalry, meaning US2. This is in the Army Book in the Bestiary section describing the individual units. As far as I know about the Icons, RAW say that a standard bearer can carry an icon as listed in their army list unit entry, which means that multiple units can carry the same icon.

Atrahasis
02-05-2008, 14:03
I don't want to contradict you, but ogres are treated as a monster when a single model but can form a unit.
No, they're treated as ogre class infantry.

They MOVE as monsters, but they are not monsters.