PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Point Banshee Deployers

UltimateNagash
02-05-2008, 18:18
Right, so yeah, this is a different style army to what I would normally use. It relies on Screaming stuff to death, as well as blasting them with Magic. Everything is designed to help with that. What do you think?

Vampire Lord 390
Additional Magic Level, The Flayed Hauberk, Wristbands of Black Gold, The Black Periapt, Forbidden Lore, Dark Acolyte
*General*

Vampire Lord 410
Additional Magic Level, The Accursed Armour, Skull Staff, Forbidden Lore, Dark Acolyte

Vampire 175
Forbidden Lore, Staff of Damnation

Vampire 180
Helm of Commandment, Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death

Vampire 195
Sword of Kings, Nightshroud, Walking Death, Beguile

Vampire 185
The Book of Arkhan, Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death

20 Skeletons 205
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of the Dead Legion

20 Skeletons 205
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, War Banner

20 Skeletons 180
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer

20 Crypt Ghouls 160

Corpse Cart 100
Balefire

Corpse Cart 100
Balefire

4 Cairn Wraiths 225
1 is Tomb Banshee

4 Cairn Wraiths 225
1 is Tomb Banshee

4 Cairn Wraiths 225
1 is Tomb Banshee
2995 points
100 models
16 Power Dice and 10 Dispel Dice
4 Bound Spells

theunwantedbeing
02-05-2008, 18:24
Seems fine.
Not a particularly big army for 3k.
51% of your army is character's...that's rather a lot.

So long as you can raise your units to rather rediculous sizes you should be okay.

Spirit
02-05-2008, 23:07
51% is average for vamps lol. I just dont see how 9 great weapon attacks with skirmishers at ws3 will win combats. Try to get an ethereal battle standard bearer in one of the cairn wraiths.

He is 175 points of awesome. ws6 attacks, +1 combat res and you save half of a model every time you lose combat, as well as any other combats wthin 12"

Give the vamp with beguile, hatred instead. not walking death. re-roll hits and wounds with killing blow is amazing.

UltimateNagash
03-05-2008, 13:02
51% is average for vamps lol. I just dont see how 9 great weapon attacks with skirmishers at ws3 will win combats.
Helm of Commandment, combined with Corpse Carts and Van Hels make them WS6 ASF re-rolling misses Ethereal creatures armed with GW.

Try to get an ethereal battle standard bearer in one of the cairn wraiths.
He is 175 points of awesome. ws6 attacks, +1 combat res and you save half of a model every time you lose combat, as well as any other combats wthin 12"
Added in

Give the vamp with beguile, hatred instead. not walking death. re-roll hits and wounds with killing blow is amazing.
I can get Re-Rolls from Van Hels, but without the problem of having to chase after defeated enemies at the end of combat (because of Hatred).

Hows this then?

Vampire Lord 420
Additional Magic Level, The Flayed Hauberk, Helm of Commandment, Wristbands of Black Gold, The Black Periapt, Forbidden Lore, Dark Acolyte
*General*

Vampire Lord 385
Additional Magic Level, Skull Staff, Forbidden Lore, Dark Acolyte

Vampire 195
Sword of Kings, Nightshroud, Walking Death, Beguile

Vampire 185
The Book of Arkhan, Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death

Vampire 175
Forbidden Lore, Staff of Damnation

Vampire 175
Battle Standard Bearer, Spectral Form

20 Skeletons 205
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of the Dead Legion

20 Skeletons 205
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, War Banner

20 Skeletons 180
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer

20 Crypt Ghouls 160

Corpse Cart 100
Balefire

Corpse Cart 100
Balefire

4 Cairn Wraiths 225
1 is Tomb Banshee

4 Cairn Wraiths 225
1 is Tomb Banshee

4 Cairn Wraiths 225
1 is Tomb Banshee
2995 points
100 models
16 Power Dice and 10 Dispel Dice
4 Bound Spells

Spirit
03-05-2008, 20:25
i agree with the combination, i just find that 3 units is too many.

I personaly use the ethereal standard and 4 wraiths, with WS6. I love the combination, but 6" range on the corpse carts means its hard to kee the wraiths in range, and you can only make 1 WS6 unit.

I think 2 varghulfs is a better choice, but i suppose in this case it is each to their own, the wraiths will do well, but if the enemy casts 2d6S4 magic missile on you, and you unluckily fail to stop it, you have alot of points dead

I would say try your list, and if it plays well, ignore me lol. Good luck.

On the hatred comment though, if you really want to kill the hero in combat, the enemy will try to stop you, removing his option to stop you (always having hatred that he cannot dispell) gives you a much larger chance of killing them. Undead rely in the magic phase so much already, i would rather have a guaranteed re roll and more power dice to re-raise my dead (undead? :/) units lol.