PDA

View Full Version : What model or bitz do you wish were made, but aren't?

Doctor Thunder
03-05-2008, 17:48
I'm curious, what models or bitz do you wish were made, but aren't? We all know there are holes in the model line. Models or bits that aren't made or aren't made well. Things that you have to make yourself or do without. It doesn't have to be anything big, necessarily, but it does need to be something you'd really use.

Let's hear your wish list.

Jhagadurn
03-05-2008, 17:59
I wish they made a guardsman model with a twin-linked plasma blastgun, but I guess I'll just have to make do with a grenade launcher proxy.

Keadaen
03-05-2008, 18:05
twin lightingclaws that I don't have to convert (and are done in the old Freddy Krueger style)

Wolfblade670
03-05-2008, 18:11
Female IG! Seriously, a sprew with some heads and torsos would have been nice. I also wish they made a set of torsos wothout armor, and heads with berets or forage caps instead of helmets. Guard need more variety. ALOT more variety.

(And then of course the plastic Praetorians, the plastic Mordians, the plastic Valhallans...yeah, I'm a Guard player.)

zealousheretic
03-05-2008, 18:20
Plastic Gargoyles.

SanDaru
03-05-2008, 18:28
Ill second the Female IG

What I really want is all the Imperial weapons just to be on a single sprue like 10x lasguns, 5x Bolters, 5x Plasma, etc

As far as other things I wish were made...More IG variations

susu.exp
03-05-2008, 18:35
A tidbit sprue. How many times do you need just a bolt, a screw, a bolter shell, an eldar gemstone... Right now itīs either green stuff, which can become annoying (just 527 bolts to go on that gargant), or cutting a little detail off a complete figure. You could use this stuff for conversions, both in 40k and fantasy and for bases and terrain. Itīd be a little thing thatīd make a lot of people very happy. The only 40k army that doesnīt need any of these things ever is Tau (though they might be useful for Kroot) and if it had markerlights, itīd really be grat for everybody.

Robineng
03-05-2008, 18:55
female eldar farseer without helmet.

loveless
03-05-2008, 19:14
Seraphim with twin Inferno pistols
Canoness with Jump Pack
A Celestine model with wings instead of a cape

Partisan Rimmo
03-05-2008, 19:23
The female Guardsman point always raises ire in me. I'll not take the thread off topic by going into why.

The Imperial Close Combat sprue was godly, as was its chaos version. Remember that sprue that was just a dozen Guardian arms on 1" square? Or that (admitably metal) sprue from Necromunda with all the different Autoguns on?

That kind of thing was the highlight of was GW could offer from a customer service MO point of veiw.

So that's what I want. Sprues which are designed simply to contain useful parts rather than be for any squad in particular. One for each race would make all the difference in the world. They'd even be quite small (in fact they'd be better that way). Would certainly see BW Bits lose a whole chunk of business from me at least. Not that that's a good thing I suppose.

I'm rambling...

da big mek
03-05-2008, 19:25
a plastic demon prince with wings
all metal conversions make me :mad:

Trickle
03-05-2008, 19:27

Yes.

Worth linking this French article (http://fr.games-workshop.com/40k/eldars/modelisme/macha/index.asp) (though you may already be aware + it does have the helmet, though fantasy female heads may sort that).

Wyatt
03-05-2008, 19:41
FEMALE IG

Or, failing that, Cadian rough riders.

Johnnyfrej
03-05-2008, 19:44
A plastic sprue for a make-your-own Inquisitor. You would think they would have done this by now seeing as =][='s are supposed to a diverse lot. Now instead of buying one of a few pre-made Inquisitors you can make your own unique one.

Promethius
03-05-2008, 19:45
I would just like a set of metal alternative heads to be made for the cadian models. Wouldn't take much effort, and could allow a wealth of conversions. The forgeworld Cadian upgrade pack is awesome but expensive, and really GW should be producing things like that themselves. When you buy upwards of 100 guardsmen, having only six heads on a sprue of five models means there is an aweful lot of repetition, and that is a damn shame.

Shallowain
03-05-2008, 20:01
All the bits they once used to make...

TheBigBadWolf
03-05-2008, 20:09
a sprue of power fists, getting them for my WE is a pain as i have to buy a whole box of CSM, but then they lose the option of a power fist, so the cycle continues

Shadowphrakt
03-05-2008, 20:16
A bitz pack for White Scars. I've got 2 females in my guard army already. And they never seem to die. What I really want to see is sets of plastic shoulder pads for Each 1st founding chapter, or an upgrade kit for them. Also, lightning claws (notice the plural) for power armoured space marines. The termie ones look huge.

PumaKiller
03-05-2008, 20:25
A Pair of Power Armored Lightning Claw pairs for Chaos would be nice as would a Plastic Daemon Prince Kit.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
03-05-2008, 20:28
Proper 1st founding sculpted shoulderpads.
Tons of stuff for the IG-
weapon options- autoguns in plastic, better (generic) Rough Riders, more snipers, plastic Karskin and generic stormtroopers, variant chimera main weapons, plastic Cadian respirator heads, the list goes on and on...

But, above all, one thing-
Bring Back Steel Legion!
Plastic, metal, I don't care...chrissakes, GW, make them out of frikk'n cheese if you like, but bring them back. Those were, IMHO, the best Guard ever.

Mutantdale
03-05-2008, 20:32
Adeptus Mechanicus Army :D

MD

susu.exp
03-05-2008, 20:52
Bring Back Steel Legion!
Plastic, metal, I don't care...chrissakes, GW, make them out of frikk'n cheese if you like, but bring them back. Those were, IMHO, the best Guard ever.

I look at the downloadable PDF of direct only models (Citadel collectors 2008). Page 43 (actual PDF page 45): Thereīs the steel legion. Officers, Heavy weapons, Special Weapons, Lasgun Troops, a commisar...

So... That whish is granted I guess.

George Dorn
03-05-2008, 20:58
GW will only release stuff that either supports their master plan production schedule or on which they can expect to recover their costs, of course

But

Plastic aircraft kits (I loved my Airfix stuff)

Alien buildings

And most definately a new set of Dark Eldar troopers - but that might mean divorce...

D.B.
03-05-2008, 21:36
I've got to go for a weapons/useful gubbins sprue too. if I'd known they were likely to stop I'd have stockpiled them :(

the1stpip
03-05-2008, 21:38
naked Ork / Orc Torsos, perfect for building Svage Orcs or Snakebites.

Oh, and dwarfs with big hats.

Usagi3
03-05-2008, 21:47
Plastic Deathwatch sprue, Ordo Xenos Inquisitors come to mind.

ScytheSwathe
03-05-2008, 21:50
Absolutely must be spare weapons etc sprue, like the old eldar one you got with jetbikes. For each army, i feel the pain about finding powerfists/flamers for my chaos bikers.
That farseer convertion is muchos cool though btw.

Big TM
03-05-2008, 21:53
a bitz sprue for every race, with weapons heads, alternative torsos etc.

thatd be good

MADJAP77
03-05-2008, 22:17
3. different leg and arm poses for crisis suits
2. female ig
1.krootox bodies that actually fit together.

ChaosBeast
03-05-2008, 22:21
heres my list:
a mail order lord of change head

blastic oblits

space marine jump packs in x5 boxes (for when those raptors subwoofers just wont do)

a CSM termie accesory sprue with extra llightning claws, chainfists etc

a sprue filled with lots of different shapes of massive axes/swords blades from as many different ranges as possible. i.e. ushabti crocodile blade, slanesh champion on steed sword, dragon ogre axe, chainaxes etc

ZeD1911
04-05-2008, 01:09
I gotta second Ad-Mech/Skitarii forces. Second would be plastic Sisters or GK.

Captin Korea!
04-05-2008, 01:24
Admech, more ig, the old bit system back and more types of guard!

dybbukdude
04-05-2008, 01:42
Yes.

Worth linking this French article (http://fr.games-workshop.com/40k/eldars/modelisme/macha/index.asp) (though you may already be aware + it does have the helmet, though fantasy female heads may sort that).

Je ne parle pas franįais.

dybbukdude
04-05-2008, 01:44
Oh, and Jim Raynor being a SM special character, I mean, who doesn't?

Kronos
04-05-2008, 01:58
Real size space marines, I'm not a SM fan to say, but the real size SM conversions i've seen on warseer are amazing and would definitly get me into them if their mini's existed, the same and more goes for Chaos SM (Imagine them without those tiny thighs and with the same armour they would be amazing)

Angelwing
04-05-2008, 02:06
A blister pack with the different genestealer biomorph heads. A blister for the different ripper swarm biomorphs. Two spinefist models per box of stealers is woeful. I've only managed to scavenge/beg for the minimum 3 bases worth, even at 3 models a base rather than GW's 5.
Leaping legs for tyranid warriors.
Not going to mention plastic gargoyles.... whoops!

More kneeling and lying down poses in general.

fwacho
04-05-2008, 02:07
I'm still getting over the shock of the wonderful dark angels veterans box set. that gave me almost every thing I ever wanted.

Ig rough riders on bikes would be sweet. as logn as they were resonably priced I could go with a squad of them. (my buddy uses some elves cavalry for his)

I picked up a bunch of those multi sprues from 2nd for about $1 each. One of the best buys I ever made.

Agreed Angelwing

RavenMorpheus
04-05-2008, 02:11
I'd like to see a decently done plastic (not resin) and inexpensive Thunderhawk...

Xyxox
04-05-2008, 03:11
I look at the downloadable PDF of direct only models (Citadel collectors 2008). Page 43 (actual PDF page 45): Thereīs the steel legion. Officers, Heavy weapons, Special Weapons, Lasgun Troops, a commisar...

So... That whish is granted I guess.

Not on the one I just downloaded.

Okay, I originally downloaded from the US Site and no Steel Legion. Download from the UK site and there it is!

chinnfrequent
04-05-2008, 03:17
Rough riders that don't look like crap.

LordCypher
04-05-2008, 03:29
Bring Back Steel Legion!

I agree. The gas masks and trench coats give the IG a kickass look.

Tommygun
04-05-2008, 03:30
A spruce of just different heads and hands. As a collector I would like some 40k civilians.

dblaz3r
04-05-2008, 06:06
I dream of plastic gargoyles :D

sing Sang a song
04-05-2008, 06:07
A Pair of Power Armored Lightning Claw pairs for Chaos would be nice as would a Plastic Daemon Prince Kit.
i 2nd this!!

killa kan kaus
04-05-2008, 06:36
Being an ork player I am sitting pretty after the newest releases but orky vehicle upgrade sprue would be nice

Vaktathi
04-05-2008, 07:12
Death Korps of Krieg Grenadiers with Plasma guns.

Plastic Greatcoat and Female Imperial Guard models.

Plastic Stormtroopers

Plastic Sisters/Grey Knights

Terminator Combi-plasmas

Plastic Chaos Havocs.

Seperate (i.e. not part of a boxed set sprue) plastic (or at least not 2nd Ed) Chaos Special weapons.

Decent Rough Riders (or maybe a Bike/Jetpack unit to replace them)

Plastic Tau Pathfinders.

Plastic Obliterators.

etc. ad nauseum.

Sephtar II
04-05-2008, 07:28
Plastic sisters.

Chrisis battlesuits with adjustable knees, elbows and such like the FW ones.

Plastic Ork warlord with options.

Plastic hive tyrant.

Iron hands plastic sprue.

tsutek
04-05-2008, 18:00
You asked for it:

1) Battlefield accessories 2: Dragon teeth tank traps, tents, shovels, coffee cups, sandbags (lots of these!!!), razor wire supports, sewer hole entrances, electric power generators, field cantinas (no-one ever eats in 40k?)

2) Imperial signs & accessories: Imperial eagles (medium-sized to huge), various signs with the usual skulls & seals, Traffic lights, surveillance cameras, electricity poles & wires, barricades for making a building look "sealed" (blocking windows, doors etc), modular staircase bits with 2 different siding elements for variety..

3) Civillian weapons: Lasguns, bolters, autoguns, stubbers, grenades, ammo boxes, knives, swords, axes, klubs (with varying tech-level looks, from lotek to hitek)

4) IG conversion kit: Female torsos, lots of different heads, 2-part legpieces ala Eldar guardians, big bunch of different arms (male and female, muscular and thin), helmets, caps, barettas, sunglasses, binoculars...

5) SM conversion kit: Various marks of armour, different looking bolters/bolt pistols/chainswords, various looking backpacks/jump packs, various helmets (especially the mk6 corvus variant, an all-time fave of mine - why no minis?)..

6) Textured Plasticards (pavement, wood, grilled metal, aquila embossed plates, steel plates with rivets....)

just to name a few... True, many of these can be scratch-built, but scratch-building takes a helluva lotta time and usually does not look as good IMO (for example, many scratch-built buildings I've seen, while being fine and all, just can't compete with an imperial sector..)

Chem-Dog
04-05-2008, 19:30
I wish they made a guardsman model with a twin-linked plasma blastgun, but I guess I'll just have to make do with a grenade launcher proxy.

They were going to make them but they decided a guardsman with a twinlinked plasma gun would spend so little time actually on the table that it wouldn't be worth it ;)

Female IG!

Ill second the Female IG

FEMALE IG

2. female ig

Female Imperial Guard models.

I'm detecting a theme here....
Females serve in the IG so I guess it'd be appropriate to include them in the range too, a slightly more slender body might be appropriate as would a slightly larger chest area, I suppose.
Thinking specifically of the Cadian range, it wouldn't be difficult to imagine one of the 5 body sets you get on the Cadian sprue to be "Feminised", although the change wouldn't be massive considering the ammunt of armour they are wearing.

There was a farseer made without a helmet but they decided not to release it because it was lacking an essential piece of kit for a farseer - the Ghost helm :rolleyes:

A plastic sprue for a make-your-own Inquisitor. You would think they would have done this by now seeing as =][='s are supposed to a diverse lot. Now instead of buying one of a few pre-made Inquisitors you can make your own unique one.

It's one of the unwritten rules of 40K, you must have a converted Inquisitor!
Hard to say if they'd ever recap the cost on that one, I think it'd be likely, but then I did buy about six plastic SM captain boxes....

....plastic Karskin and generic stormtroopers....
Bring Back Steel Legion!

There are supposed to be some plastic Stormies out this year, according to the rumours section of Warseer.
Steel Legion ARE the best IG regiment ever!

a bitz sprue for every race, with weapons heads, alternative torsos etc.

Agreed, it wouldn't be too hard to make one and pop it in with the appropriate boxes like they did with the command vehicle upgrade sprue in the squadron boxes for apocalypse, would it? Even if it were just an extra in the Battleforce boxed sets. This could address the above point about female Guardsmen (Guardswomen?).

heres my list:
a mail order lord of change head

blastic oblits

The re-boxed Greater Daemons come with both heads, this means, at the very least, you should be able to find somebody with the head you need.
I was surprised that the Oblits weren't released as a plastic when the CSM codex was released, it could have easily fit into the sentinel/attack bike price bracket and it would have been a better release than the Possessed.

Okay, I originally downloaded from the US Site and no Steel Legion. Download from the UK site and there it is!

They're on the actual site too, and they must have been put back on because I searched for them a couple of months ago and they weren't there then LINK (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301313&orignav=10)

5) SM conversion kit: Various marks of armour, different looking bolters/bolt pistols/chainswords, various looking backpacks/jump packs, various helmets (especially the mk6 corvus variant, an all-time fave of mine - why no minis?)..

6) Textured Plasticards (pavement, wood, grilled metal, aquila embossed plates, steel plates with rivets....)

You talking about the Beaky Marine? There's at least enough parts to make two complete ones in each tactical box (The most recent SM box I bought) including the studded left shoulder.

Gotta agree on the hobby materials too, it can be quite hard to collect these things together.

An IG commander Accessory sprue would be top of my list, if done right it could be done for any plastic IG regiment they can think to bring out. Failing that, just give us a Plastic Commissar kit as an equivalent to the SM commander plastic kit.

Personal Wants, I doubt it will happen.
Steel Legion Meltaguns and Flamers, Autocannon and Mortar weapons teams.
At least one Steel Legion Captain/Colonel model.
More Steel Legion troopers in general. There was one breifly available as a "Defence force deserter" when Necromunda was a Fanatic game but it's entirely dissapeared off the scope now and I'm thinking if there's one otherwise unreleased model for the Steel Legion range there might be more.

I'd really like a bits pack for the Fortress of Arrogance (along with some instructions....)

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
05-05-2008, 01:43
Wow. So the Steel Legion are there in the UK store. Still, 40GBP a box, no plasmagunner, and shipping from England. Ready the Credit Cards! Off to EvilBay!

Unforgiven666
11-05-2008, 23:01
Plastic:

Sisters of Battle, Grey Knights
Steel Legion
A conversion kit for every race
shotguns on sprues

Johnnyfrej
12-05-2008, 04:18
It's one of the unwritten rules of 40K, you must have a converted Inquisitor!

Which I have done! Unfortunately I have yet to find my missing camera :(. As soon as I can find it I'll post a pic of him.

blackroyal
12-05-2008, 05:29
Combi Bolter/Flamer. Failing that, re-release the weapon packs so I can use the hand flamer to convert more of them.

Hicks
12-05-2008, 06:27
I can think of a lot of those:

Tyranid warriors that come with a pair of rending claws each.
Steel Legion autocanon teams.
Steel Legion rough riders.
Steel Legion Ogryns.
A proper Grey Knight dreadnought.
Power armor lightning claw pairs.
Psychic hoods.
IG sized powerfists.
A proper flyrant.

Also it might sound odd but if GW releases another plastic IG regiment I'd like to see ratlings added to the sprues, like they do with scarabs or rippers.

Sidstyler
12-05-2008, 09:40
The only 40k army that doesnīt need any of these things ever is Tau (though they might be useful for Kroot) and if it had markerlights, itīd really be grat for everybody.

:rolleyes: I disagree. I can think of tons of cool tidbits for a Tau "upgrade sprue". Cantines similar to the BGB artwork, heads with bionics, little plastic sept symbols or other interesting decoration for veterans or whatever, different plastic heads for crisis suits, weapons similar to R'myr's plasma rifle to represent twin-linked guns, reposed legs/arms for more dynamic suits, bits to represent targeting arrays, stimulant injectors, extra armor, other random stuff to spruce up suits. And even though Tau as a whole detest close combat I find it hard to believe FWs wouldn't carry some kind of knife just for general use, not the ceremonial bonding knives that never get taken out of their sheaths.

And why should they be the "only" race that has no need for it? If anything they need it MORE than anyone else, since you only get so many bits for your FW squads and they all end up looking the same. So do your shas'ui, with only the one special head...and like you said, there's no plastic markerlight for your shas'ui, either. The only thing I have left over from my boxes are pulse carbines and bare heads, pretty skimpy.

I know Tau are usually pretty uniform, but that hardly means everything has to look exactly the same and there's no room for customization at all. Vehicles too, they have upgrades that have no representable bits for them (FW made some, but they're kinda ugly, and expensive like everything FW makes). If you can make kits for each and every one of the Marine chapters then surely you can make one for Tau...

...anyway, as for my own "personal want that'll never happen": Dark Eldar.

srg.cutter
12-05-2008, 09:56
A plastic librarian.
New IG rough riders and female troops.
New ork warboss

Tehkonrad
12-05-2008, 10:05
Plastic WARBOSS!!

Jasonswills
12-05-2008, 10:35
Farseer and Warlocks on jetbikes
plastic wraithgaurd
redone plastic jetbikes

BigJon
12-05-2008, 11:00
I collect Steel Legion IG which I know are dead but when they were alive
there was a huge gap in the Heavy Weapons and Assault Weapons.

I really wanted an SL flamer and SL Auto Cannon.

I think all future IG (and some current) need all possible weapon options
like Sniper's, Demo packs, vox backpacks ect...

BigJon

Pika_power
12-05-2008, 11:08
I want a set of wings or two, to be sold individually. Many people need big wings, whether for Carnies, or Princes. I know balrog exist, but really, how many times does an innocent balrog have to loose its wings?

Sidstyler
12-05-2008, 11:21
That, and because of their ridiculous New Line contract, anything you stick Balrog wings on can't really be used in tournaments.

Really they should have made the plastic dragon wings from Fantasy available, not the Balrog wings.

susu.exp
12-05-2008, 13:25
:rolleyes: I disagree. I can think of tons of cool tidbits for a Tau "upgrade sprue". Cantines similar to the BGB artwork, heads with bionics, little plastic sept symbols or other interesting decoration for veterans or whatever, different plastic heads for crisis suits, weapons similar to R'myr's plasma rifle to represent twin-linked guns, reposed legs/arms for more dynamic suits, bits to represent targeting arrays, stimulant injectors, extra armor, other random stuff to spruce up suits. And even though Tau as a whole detest close combat I find it hard to believe FWs wouldn't carry some kind of knife just for general use, not the ceremonial bonding knives that never get taken out of their sheaths.

I donīt really disagree here, but my suggestion was a generic(!) tidbit sprue. And the point I was making that most of the armies overlap somewhat in the tidbits they use, a bolt will have uses in Ork, SM, IG, Inq and chaos armies. The Tau design style is pretty unique and that makes it hard to include bits for them on a generic sprue (that goes fir 'Nids as well, but even there is overlap). Possibly the most generic device in pretty much all armies are skulls (covered by VC skellies, so not that necessary for this particluar sprue) and again, that is something not really fitting the Tau

And why should they be the "only" race that has no need for it? If anything they need it MORE than anyone else, since you only get so many bits for your FW squads and they all end up looking the same. So do your shas'ui, with only the one special head...and like you said, there's no plastic markerlight for your shas'ui, either. The only thing I have left over from my boxes are pulse carbines and bare heads, pretty skimpy.

Well, I think you pretty much give the reason I think Tau would be the ones who could use a generic tidbit sprue the least. When I build Tau models, even my quite extensive bits box doesnīt provide a lot of help, because most bits Iīve accumulated over the years collecting other armies just donīt fit Tau that well. That goes even more for fantasy where most 40k armies can nick bits, but nothing really suits Tau.

I do agree that Tau could use an army-specific upgrade sprue, like DAs and BTs got them (and SW will undoubtly get when their codex comes). Still Iīd like to see a generic one first, with army specific ones comming later. There will be uses for the generic one in most projects (square and triangular buttons would work for Tau as well as a lot of others), and the army specific ones will be more restricted.

tsutek
12-05-2008, 13:58
You talking about the Beaky Marine? There's at least enough parts to make two complete ones in each tactical box (The most recent SM box I bought) including the studded left shoulder.

I'm talking about the mk6 'corvus' variant (not 100% sure if the name is right), the mk6 variant that is shown on the cover of rogue trader.. Only 1 or 2 metal minis exist of this armour variety, which is a darn shame. Imo it's a lot cooler looking than the standard beaky mk6

x-esiv-4c
12-05-2008, 13:59
Plastic plaguebearers.

Keichi246
12-05-2008, 16:20
Plastic wishlist:

Updated Pistol/CCW sprue for Imperials, and a separate one for Chaos.
(assorted pistols, chainweapons, Lightning claws, power weapons, etc.)

Special weapons sprue for the Cadian IG.
(torso with power backpack for: plasmagun, meltagun. Sniper rifle, demo charge, assorted other stuff)

Alternate equipment sprues for IG plastics
(other heads like respirators, berets, peaked hats, etc. Backpacks, etc. Kinda like the stuff Forge World has been doing - only in a plastic)

Forge World Broadsides. (pleaseopleaseopleaseoplease!!! ;) )
Forge World Tetras

Alternate Crisis suit accessory sprue
(alternate heads like Forge World's, possibly alternate poseable arms. Extra weapons: plasma rifle, missile pod. A plasticized version of the extra gear in the Tau Commander box - with more stuff "liberated" from forge world to fill out the sprue...)

Another Tyranid "bioweapon" sprue - of rending claws, spinefists, alternate genestealer heads - etc. Basically something that can be used to fill out the options that exist but that have WAY too few on the sprue to actually use.

And that's just the tip of the iceburg...

Hicks
12-05-2008, 16:23
Here's an interresting bit of information for all steel legion players, the canadian online store has everything back for order, even the much appreciated plasmaguns.

The only wierd thing is that if you want to order the SL commissar, you are shown the photo of the old commissar with glasses (the SL commissar was infact a convertion of that model).

Naturaly, to bulk your troops you have to buy squad boxes instead of blisters and the prices are ridiculously high. So technically, the Steel Legion is not dead at all now.

P.S. The same goes for pretty much every metal regiment as far as I can see.

Lieutenant Ranik
12-05-2008, 16:59
I've always wished that GW would fill the weapon holes in the Steel Legion line... Melta guns, flamers, autocannons, mortars... I know one can easily convert your own with the heavy weapon plastics of today, but Steel Legion were the basis of the format that heavy weapons went to and Steel Legion weaponry had its own unique look to it...

Lordsaradain
12-05-2008, 17:12
I want models for every unit/model that is an official choice in any of the current armybooks. All special characters should have models, but there should also be multiple "generic" HQ models for every choice.

Fallen DA
12-05-2008, 18:38
I agree with completeing the Steal Legion range.....

AND

A plastic box set of Space Marine Crusader/Mk IV Armour varients, for those of us into the Horus Heresy.

Firaxin
12-05-2008, 22:49
One major thing holding me back from using a marine army...

I want true scale marines.

Savior117
13-05-2008, 00:33
space marine jump packs in x5 boxes (for when those raptors subwoofers just wont do)

Some stores used have plastic bag packs of jump packs (x10), but I don't know if GW still distributes those since they killed Bitz Order

mistformsquirrel
13-05-2008, 00:50
I'm curious, what models or bitz do you wish were made, but aren't? We all know there are holes in the model line. Models or bits that aren't made or aren't made well. Things that you have to make yourself or do without. It doesn't have to be anything big, necessarily, but it does need to be something you'd really use.

Let's hear your wish list.

I really *REALLY* really just want some head-sprues.

Some generic male and female heads so that when I go to convert my minis, I don't have to order from someone else and risk the head not matching up as well as I thought it would. (If its a GW head, at least I don't have to worry about it not meshing with a GW army ya know?)

Thats my biggest wish right there.

Drogmir
13-05-2008, 01:08
More experimental 40K animals.

Like the Grinx or the flying Petra squirrel.

Those would be so great in so many ways.

Freakiq
13-05-2008, 01:18
Mounted Daemonettes.

Why stop producing them when we finally get rules for them?

mistformsquirrel
13-05-2008, 01:29
More experimental 40K animals.

Like the Grinx or the flying Petra squirrel.

Those would be so great in so many ways.

That'd be fun too!

I'd love to have the Ptera squirrels (for obvious reasons); as I once had an admittedly bizarre idea for a counts-as Nid army involving an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor's lab experiments gone totally awry. (Imagine a world devoured by billions of rampaging squirrels >.>) Silly? Yes. But fun, very fun.

Slaveboy
13-05-2008, 01:42
Plastic Flyers: I'm sick of Ork and Imperial players having a super easy time converting flyers (lost my most recent apoc game partial because the Ork side had 5 flyers, all of which were good looking but criminally easy conversions) when its impossable for me to convert an Eldar flyer without taking a course in plastic molding and buying specialized equipment.

Plastic Titans: I know its stupid and they wouldn't sell enough (and it would make them less special) but I want to see Plastic Titans, or atleast Knights (anyone else remember those). I really like playing larger games but again I'm sick of it being super easy for Imperial and Ork players to convert good looking super heavies while I'm left with no viable options (I was thinking of converting up a 1/60 scale gundam model though).

Weaver
13-05-2008, 02:24
I concur on the "Inquisitor" sprue; I think it would be very cool to have a sprue that contained bits for Inquisitors that don't wear power/Terminator Armour. I realise this is not very sound gameplay wise, but it was hell converting my Trench-coated Inquisitor from a bunch of bits from the Empire Militia Box. I would've loved to have had a nice base to work off of. Also, it'd be nice since many modelers just get lazy and use either the Metal Inqs. (Apparently every Witch Hunter in the Galaxy has that hat and weapon kit) or just buy a space marine model and tack some random head on it. Not necessarily a whole Inquisitor, but maybe just a nice base to work more advanced conversions off of.

DarkReaver
15-05-2008, 03:25
Stub pistols, Stubbers, Heavy Stubbers and shotguns.

More laspistols and close combat weapons in the ImperialGuardsmen boxes. How am I suposed to do a 15 man Traitor unit when I only get, what..... about 4 pairs per box.

The old Chaos Cultist models.