3 re-rolls
4 fan-factor
1 cheerleader
1 assistant coach

let me know what you think

neXus6
03-05-2008, 19:27
Seems like a good solid starting team.

Personally I go with 4 blitzers and 5 linemen, but that's just cause of how I play, it also means I only get 2 rerolls so it can be swings and roundabouts really. :D

Just out of curiosity is this for a League or a one off game? If it was a one off I'd probably put the cheerleader and assistant gold into more Fan Factor.

Mind you I've played BB for a decade and never used cheerleaders or assistants so I'm probably not the best port of call on them. :D

Daredhnu
03-05-2008, 22:30
well it's for a one off game, but they are mostly there to make sure that if on the kick-off table i get a result that needs them i have an advantage.
i'll most likely be playing against dwarves (he also has skaven but he has expressed an interrest in dwarves)

anyway if this changes anything please let me know.

oh and thanks.

the anti santa
04-05-2008, 09:51
Well if you are going to be facing dwarfs I'd want to have 4 blitzers. If this was a league time i'd suggest dropping 3 linemen the cheerleader, coach and 1 FF to get the 2 blitzers.

However in a 1-off game then I'd want 12 players, you could drop 2FF and the coach and cheerleader to upgrade a lineman to a 3rd blitzer.

SillySod
04-05-2008, 14:16
The anti santa seems to have chanced on an optimal setup.

rev
04-05-2008, 21:52
Well if you are going to be facing dwarfs I'd want to have 4 blitzers.

I agree, but would use this as a general rule regardless of oppo.

I rarely leave hom without 4 blitzers for the humans.

I'd start with this skeleton team:

4 Linos
4 Blitzers
2 Catchers
1 Thrower

value= 770 for 11 players

The I'd decide, depending on the oppo, whether I wanted extra players or re-rolls.

For general use i'd go for 3 re-rolls and an extra lino, catcher or thrower - depending on the oppo, leaving you just shy of 1000k

rev

Daredhnu
05-05-2008, 17:24
thanks for the advice guys i played the game yesterday, i lost thanks to a trampoline trap but fun was had all round.
anyway again thanks for the advice.