PDA

View Full Version : Titilating Delusions

Mad Larkin UK
03-05-2008, 19:24
The chaos spell which allows you to pick a point in the LOS of a unit its cast on, and in the remaining moves part of their move they have to move as fast as possible to that point. However, this is in remaining moves, after charges are declared, compulsary movement etc. Does this mean that if cast on a unit in charge range, it can charge, and therefore negate the effects until the combat ends?

Can it not be cast on say fanatics since their movement is random?

Can it not be cast on steam tanks since their movement is not normal.

Theres nothing in the FAQ about it :-)

Goruax
03-05-2008, 20:22
Does this mean that if cast on a unit in charge range, it can charge, and therefore negate the effects until the combat ends?

The movement is compulsory, but resolved in the last phase of movement and with no other restrictions, so a Charge could assumedly be declared.

Can it not be cast on say fanatics since their movement is random?

I'd assume only models with the ability to move 'normally' within the Remaining Moves phase could be affected.

Can it not be cast on steam tanks since their movement is not normal.

If the Steam Tank moves, or can move, in the Remaining Moves phase I'd assume it could be affected, unless it has some kind of immunity to certain spells.

BloodiedSword
03-05-2008, 20:54
This is a little contentious - some people say that a Delusioned unit may only voluntarily declare a charge if the unit it is charging is in the direct path they must take to the delusion, whilst others say that the unit may declare a charge freely.

My interpretation of Delusions is that it only has any effect in the Remaining Moves part, so a unit could therefore negate the spell (at least temporarily) by declaring a charge, and I think this is the more reasonable way of playing it.

For Fanatics et al, I believe their movement is during the Compulsory Moves part of the phase and they do not get to move in the Remaining moves part - in which case the spell may be cast on them but it will have no effect (as they must move towards the Delusion "as quickly as possible", but as they may not move in the first place).

For the Steam tank - unless it is specified as being immune then it is affected as normal. I can't remember if Delusions affects ItP units, or whether the Stank is ItP though.

Masque
03-05-2008, 21:17
The Steam Tank can't be affected by spells without a strength value. Titilating Delusions doesn't have one so can't affect the Steam Tank.

Mad Larkin UK
04-05-2008, 00:10
Ahh yes, 4got about that 4 steam tanks. So its not as useful as i first thought, but its still great against archers, war machines etc :-)

theunwantedbeing
04-05-2008, 00:17
While a unit may well be able to charge something in order to avoid the effects of the spell...most units with this spell cast upon them will not be in a position to do anything but move in the remaining moves phase and will be stuck moving towards the designated point on the board.

It does seem to have been the intent of the spell for it not to be so easily ignored though.

Mike KK
04-05-2008, 15:30
well if you were in reasonable charge range it can probably be reasoned that the unit can see something to charge and bloodblust overrides the temptation walk to random places

Mad Larkin UK
04-05-2008, 22:40
hehe mike, i asked this cause liam was crying about it on saturday. He cast it on a white lion chariot and put the point so it presented its flank to a unit of marauders with flails, but we read the rules and RAW the chariot can declare and carry out a charge, and the marauders diied. Suppose it makes sense but as i said gimps the spell a bit.