PDA

View Full Version : Combat Res and Tomb Kings

Craken
04-05-2008, 15:05
Recently I've been trying to get my gf into warhammer. She like the tomb kings a lot, but she hasn't been able to pull a victory. We only play small 500-1000 pt games. I've fought her with a proxy vc army and a dwarf army and won both times. I'm going to be trying her with lizardmen next.

Do you guys have any way to beat any of those armies with Tomb Kings? I find what seems to happen every time is she gets destroyed by combat res. Whole units just seem to crumble quicker than she can heal them, especaially with the limited casting (things usualy just get dispelled).

I really would love some suggestions here, so that she can land a win, without me throwing the game.

theunwantedbeing
04-05-2008, 15:09
Just use the tomb kings yourself.

RobG
04-05-2008, 16:15
Just throw the game and pretend like you aren't. You will need to get good at the skill for a lot of other things if you ever get married so why not work on it now.

Alpha_Wolf
04-05-2008, 16:33
Just throw the game and pretend like you aren't. You will need to get good at the skill for a lot of other things if you ever get married so why not work on it now.

YES! This, all the way.

You probably already know this but TKs suffer at 1000 unless you cheese them with 3 scorps and a giant. It gets a little better at 1500 but not by much. The lord choice at 2k really helps them.

If you are going to try lizzies then you might try skinks. Easy for chariots to run over and tomb king archers really shine against skirmishers and its not like the army can be march blocked either plus they are guarenteed to fail lots of fear checks.

Let her kill a skink priest with a scorpion/carrion unit maybe...not that most people can stop that from happening anyway ha ha ha:evilgrin:.

Edit: Throw the game as suggested but don't make it too obvious.

intellectawe
04-05-2008, 17:01
Yeah, Tomb Kings have gotten very weak after the few last army books. You are playing the two armies that will roll TK over, especially at 1k points.

And throw the game. I do it to new players all the time so they don't get discouraged.

Kissaholic
04-05-2008, 17:42
well get a big block of 20 skellies and put the tomb prince in there with the healing staff so you dont have to worry too much about ur guys crumbling and I think that they go off the Princes Ld which is 9 I beiliev so it way better than the 3

but with people like ushabti where theyll almost never get ranks or outnumber you need to have another unit attacking the sides so the enemy doesnt get ranks

and TK are total ass at 1000 points.

TK421
04-05-2008, 21:05
and TK are total ass at 1000 points.

Not really no. I smoked a Bretonnian player in a 500pt battle the other day.

Eigilb
05-05-2008, 10:24

:D lol. (still laughing)

Kissaholic
05-05-2008, 11:41
Not really no. I smoked a Bretonnian player in a 500pt battle the other day.
well when I make my 1k point list there is soooo much I want to do that I cant only if I had like 500 more points

and how did you win at 500 points?!

Kordos
05-05-2008, 11:50
1000 point tomb king army - I have won many games with this

Tomb Prince - great weapon, magic resistance broach

Liche Priest - cloak of the dunes, hieratic jar

2 x 12 skellies with bows

20 skellies with spear + shield + light armor (or you can just go sword and shield and have 22 skellies)

2 x tomb scorpions

1 x screaming skull catapult with skulls of the foe

TK421
05-05-2008, 11:53
well when I make my 1k point list there is soooo much I want to do that I cant only if I had like 500 more points

and how did you win at 500 points?!

Chariots charged and broke a Lance then came around and hit the rear of the second one which was busy with my Skeleton Warriors. Massacre :D

Craken
05-05-2008, 14:43
Thanks for the help guys, though wasn't really looking for relationship advice. lol we actually ended up in a draw. Her tomb guard unit tore apart a few powerful units. So went pretty well