PDA

View Full Version : Chaos dwarves

Mikari
17-10-2005, 08:39
Okay guys does anyone have exprience with chaos dwarves?

Years ago I collected them just for the fun of it. Now I just went through my bits box and managed to find 26 of them (about 10 have broken axes and I'll need some shields, but I can convert them up), plus a death rocket and a special character (Asaroth I think it is). I have the army book laying around some where too so..

So I'm just wondering how many other CD players are out there and if they think two units of 12 would be enough to use as a core infantry (maybe hob gobbos as allies).

Also do GW still make any CDs at all? I think I'm going to need some champions and such..

Crube
17-10-2005, 09:08
Atragoth, was that the one on the taurus, or the Lammassu, or the one on foot (I cant remember)

If your infantry were blunderbuss guys, then i'd say 12 was fine, but i think that you'd nee a few more for axemen.

As far as i know, you should be able to get the old CD's from GW MO, or alternatively, eBay has some always available...

Must admit, I do have a soft spot for the old big hats...

nurgle_boy
17-10-2005, 09:42
hmm... talking of chaos dwarves, im thinking of doing an army arouind christmas (new dwarf model=teh win) and need some help. im the kind of person that prefers a horde, and big units, but would this work for the evil oompa loompas?

by big, i mean a minimum of 25-30.

PSD
17-10-2005, 09:52
Jimbob_Jenkins has an amazing Chaos Dwarf army, that he took to the Portent tournament last year. If you can get hold of him, im sure he might be able to give you a few pointers.

Mikari
17-10-2005, 09:55
I'd say yes.. reading the list that'd work well. The best tactic seems to be use the dwarves to take the brunt of the charge then run in with hob goblins into the flanks and cut them to shreads that way. you may only make them run a bit but you'll really have pretty much wrecked the unit by the time they break.

Nineswords
17-10-2005, 10:31
Astragoth was the special character on foot, basically with pistons for legs.

Yes, id love to collect CD again, by far hands down my favourite army in WHFB. Im doing my undead first so I can play with something, before getting really into getting good at conversions and painting to do my CDs justice.

I wish Warhammer Chronicles would update the rules for CD. The RH list is seriously old now.....

Crube
17-10-2005, 10:54
Astragoth was the special character on foot, basically with pistons for legs.

Thanks - that was going to bug me ALL day....:D

Astragoth
03-11-2006, 12:41
Pointers? As many dwarf warriors as possible in blocks of 20.
12 is just fine for blunderbusses. Battle standard bearer commander and 2 mages have fun. As a general rule I never go into battle without at lest 60 warriors not including blunderbusses.

Hobgoblyn
03-11-2006, 15:55
I'd say yes.. reading the list that'd work well. The best tactic seems to be use the dwarves to take the brunt of the charge then run in with hob goblins into the flanks and cut them to shreads that way. you may only make them run a bit but you'll really have pretty much wrecked the unit by the time they break.

Ah, and the Chaos Dwarves think the Hobgoblins are the slaves and cannon fodder. The truth comes out...
Chaos Dwarves (at least the lowly warriors) are really there to act as a human (dwarven) shield for the Hobgoblins.

Festus
03-11-2006, 16:03
Hi

Pointers? As many dwarf warriors as possible in blocks of 20.
12 is just fine for blunderbusses. Battle standard bearer commander and 2 mages have fun. As a general rule I never go into battle without at lest 60 warriors not including blunderbusses.
I do it quite differently.

Usually, my General is a CD Hero, no BSB, a 2nd lvl sorcerer and a Cruise Missile (Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf with Enchanted Shield and HArmour - I used to have a Great Weapon on him, but now this isn't mandatory anymore ;) = 70 points!)

One large-ish block of Warriors as the centre of my line (with GW), two Blunderbuss units of about 16 each with full command, 10 Hobgob Wolfboyz completely equipped (190 points), a few Boltthrowers and of course one or two Earthshakers. Fill up with anything that takes your fancy, from a Taurus riding Lord over a nice big unit of Black Orcs to a few more Warmachines or a horde of Hobgoblin infantry.

Festus

misfire67
05-11-2006, 02:42
I am putting together a CD force as well. The one thing that always bothered me about the list is that the 2 best units were rare. The Bull Centaurs and the Earthshaker cannon.

Outside of that, I love the diversification of the list. You have rock hard CDs and Black Orcs (0-1) and you still have the fast cavalry and sneaky gits. Now you can add the new rule Orc Boyz (heh heh).

misfire67