PDA

View Full Version : eternal hatred

VenerableWolf
05-05-2008, 07:19
one question. I played my dwarves vs empire. He had a Priest of sigmar in his unit of great swords. He cast Eternal Hatred on his priest and entire unit in the turn before he charged me. That gave him reroll on any misses during combat (to hit, to wound). I'm new to fantasy and he didn't have his army book with him. I just want to confirm if he used the rule corectly. Cause it really did hurt a lot.

Anaris
05-05-2008, 07:49
Hatred only allows for re-rolls to hit not wound and only in the 1st round of combat.

Eternal Hatred is the same as above, but lasts for the whole combat.

Opponent pulled a fast one I'm afraid.

Oberon
05-05-2008, 07:54
What Eternal hatred can empire cast? The warrior priest knows hammer of sigmar-prayer that gives re-roll to wound and hit for one model, and the priest gives the whole unit hatred for first combat round (re-roll to hit). You might have mixed up something here?

VenerableWolf
05-05-2008, 08:11
No. he had a warrior priest in front rank. he said he can cast Eternal hatred. That means (he told me) the model and unit hate everyone so they get reroll to wound and to hit all the time (not only in the first round) until is dispelled. That meant that my unit of Long Beards was almost wiped out by this an lost me the game. I'm new to fantasy so i didnt argue to much.

Milgram
05-05-2008, 08:54
well, as long as your opponent does not have his armybook with him, you are allowed to argue about everything. YOU are right as long as he can't show you the rule. ;)

DeathlessDraich
05-05-2008, 09:50
You also need to refer to the new Empire FAQs for Flagellant Hatred which works differently:
http://ca.games-workshop.com/whitedwarf/download/2006Errata/2006Erratta.htm

SuperBeast
05-05-2008, 11:14
I'm new to fantasy and he didn't have his army book with him.
Then your friend was either intentionally cheating, or is just plain inconsiderate.

theunwantedbeing
05-05-2008, 15:25
You also need to refer to the new Empire FAQs for Flagellant Hatred which works differently:
http://ca.games-workshop.com/whitedwarf/download/2006Errata/2006Erratta.htm

Yes...as wrong as the FAQ is, those are the rules we are now forced to follow if we want to play "legally".

At the OP
Your opponent may simply have been referring to the bound spell as something different unintentionally.
I get soul stealer and steal soul mixed up all the time with my dark elves, simialrly I'll often just say "fireball" or "firey blast" when I forget the names of spells with similar effects.

The bound spell only works on 1 character I belive, not the whole unit.
Although they do still get hatred for the warrior priest being with them.

SPYDER68
05-05-2008, 15:29
I wouldnt call cheating, he could just have misred his codex/armybook, you never know.
Its good to double check thou, this just shows why everyone needs to have there codex with them :P

theunwantedbeing
05-05-2008, 15:39
I wouldn't call cheating, he could just have misread his armybook, you never know.
It's good to double check though, this just shows why everyone needs to have their armybook with them/

It's an armybook not a codex.
I fixed your post in the quote.

SPYDER68
05-05-2008, 15:50
It's an armybook not a codex.
I fixed your post in the quote.

wait.. did you see armybook there ? omg.. it was! and and... codex to!

It can be called either imo, and i will continue to do so, enjoy going out of your way to attempt to be a smartass :P

Spirit
07-05-2008, 00:42
I'm with spider on this one... Smart arses for the lose.

Mercules
07-05-2008, 02:05
I'm with theunwantedbeing on this one. WH:40k has Codexes and WH:FB has Armybooks. If someone asked me if I brought my Codex along I would be temped to ask them if they wanted to play my Tau, even if my Ogres were sitting on the table. :)

xragg
07-05-2008, 02:31
I'm with theunwantedbeing on this one. WH:40k has Codexes and WH:FB has Armybooks. If someone asked me if I brought my Codex along I would be temped to ask them if they wanted to play my Tau, even if my Ogres were sitting on the table. :)

Most fantasy armies would destroy 40k armies, lol. My roommate and I eventually want to play it out to find out for real.

perrin23860
07-05-2008, 02:37
well, any large template shooty army in 40k would be nasty vs ranked up block troops.

carnifex with barbed strangler, fire prisms, flamer heavy armies...

people say magic would rule, but there's something to be said for firepower...

Andrew Luke
07-05-2008, 02:39
If you want to try out 40K vs. Fantasy wait until next summer's campaign. Just check out the Podhammer podcast from march 31st, they have all the details ;)

What was the topic again? Oh yeah some new player got screwed by a guy that can't even show up with his army book... I say if you don't have the rules then you play WYSIWYG and I can't see any re-rolls to wound tatooed on that guys forehead ;)

SPYDER68
07-05-2008, 13:07

Then again if the person said codex and you did think "your" tau with "your" ogres on the table would make someone wonder if you were even smart enough to read the book in the first place to know the difference.