PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help on a 1000 point vampire counts list

Destroyer of Eternities
05-05-2008, 09:21
Hi everyone. Hoping that all you vamp players will be able to help me make up a list. Ma first time playin in about 6 years so all the help is appreicated. i was hoping to included ghouls, dire wolves and a vargulf. i thought the wolves would be good in packs of 5 so they can go up the flanks.
Thanks to however replies

Andrew Luke
05-05-2008, 14:51
What the hell, its a slow day at work:

Vamp General, +1 lvl., Summon Ghouls, Nightshroud, Sword of Striking 180

Vamp, BSB, War banner, Walking Death, Ghoulkin 200

12 Ghouls, Ghast 104

12 Ghouls, Ghast 104

12 Ghouls 96

Crypt Cart (Corpse Cart for ghouls :P) Balefire 100

5 Dire Wolves 40

Varghulf 175

Total 999

Doth your Vamps are pretty scary for the Points. The general buffs your ghoul units before getting stuck in. Your BSB is fragile but the +3 combat res is just nasty. Your ghasts are there to take any challenges you can't handle, and they can easily be re-raised. Balefire is solid magic defense, but you can switch it out for a dispel scroll if thats more your style. All in all it is a very combat oriented list, and the pre-game march move means you will be right in their face. Should be fun for you and your opponent and meets all the requirements of your theme.

bojo
06-05-2008, 16:45
I take it the crypt cart isthe same stats and rules of a corpse cart!

Andrew Luke
06-05-2008, 17:46
yeah, but it has totally kick as ghoul conversions scampering about it and feasting on the corpses...

Evil-Lite
06-05-2008, 17:57
Only thing I would really change is the BSB. While +3 Combat res is nice from 1 model; I would prefer a BSB that can last a bit longer and give him the 2+ Armor instead of the Warbanner. Same cost so would not need to shuffle any points around.