PDA

View Full Version : Help! My BSB need a home.

Farp
21-04-2005, 02:16
I have finally decided that having a BSB is worth having in my dwarf army but I really don't know where to stick him where he will do the most good.

In my army I have warrior, thunderer, and ironbreaker units that I am considering putting him in. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

taer
21-04-2005, 02:28
Whatever unit is closest to the most units that will be in CC

The Phoenix
21-04-2005, 02:29
Not the thunderers.

If your ironbreakers tend to be in the middle of your battleline I'd but the battle standard there. Otherwise, put it in your unit of warriors, since they are more likely to benefit from the battle standard than the iron breakers.

-Phoenix

User Name
21-04-2005, 03:04
Put a unit of great weapon warriors right beside any hw and shild unit warriors or the ironbreakers and give the BSB master rune of groth one eye or the rune of slowness. There is nothing better than seeing a unit of knights fail their charge and run into your charge range. Not much will stand up to a charge from great weapon dwarfs and a thane.

Major Defense
21-04-2005, 11:38
Have you ever considered putting the BSB on a chariot? Hell, do dwarves even have chariots!? Anyway, a chariot with a character has a unit strength of 5 so you can use it to cancel ranks and cause panic tests. The added mobility allows you to keep him near the units that need him most and if someone opens up a flank for you to charge then call it a bonus!

therat
21-04-2005, 13:16
Not much will stand up to a charge from great weapon dwarfs and a thane.

Yeah, I thrashed such a unit with fifteen plague monks lead by a plague priest. That thane got his ass whooped.

User Name
22-04-2005, 03:24
Did you use the dwarf slayer by any chance?

My skaven opponent regularly uses 20 of them and while they are good rank and file dwarfs, but id rather face them with hw and shield warriors since they do get alot of attacks.

Must ahve been some ****** dice by the dwarfs. plague monks arent rely that good aganst dwarfs once they lose their frenzy, which if they get charged shoud happen.

besides thats not very impresive, holding up 20 chosen warriors of khorne with 10 miners in a straight fight for 3 turns, now thats something. Now lets not hijack the thread and turn it into a flaming contest.

Zeb
23-04-2005, 07:54
Major Defense, we are talking about a Dwarf BSB here, no chariots or cavalry to hide him in...

I would keep the BSB outside units and just let him walk aroud with 360 degrees of LOS, this will make you benefit from the re-roll and he can help out against warmachine hunting units, with a counter charge.
Just keep him really cheap.

Good Luck!

warlord hack'a
24-04-2005, 20:26
anywhere near stubborn units to make them nigh unbreakable, anywhere near the general to make all units in range even tougher.

beware of lonely BsB, they can be very usefull but they can also be very vulnerable...

arxhon
25-04-2005, 01:30
Watch out for flying troops if you're going to have your BSB on it's own.

The best spot for a BSB is where keeping your troops in line and not running way is the most useful and effective strategy for the scenario.

Farp
25-04-2005, 01:37
I'm thinking I don't want my BSB out there alone so I reckon I will put him with my Ironbreakers. They always seem to be in the thick of things and I figure he will be most helpful there. Thanks for the ideas.