9 Knightly Order: Great Weapons, Full Command, War Banner: 272
20 Free Company: Full Command: 120
20 Free Company: Full Command: 120
30 Flagellants: Prophet of Doom: 310

Rare:

2250 points

Pretty fluffy list, but at the same time, it also seems kinda... cheesy. Stick a Warrior Priest in two of the Flagellant units while using the Knightly Order to act as a mean flank hitting unit with Luthor Huss.

LiMunPai
05-05-2008, 21:47
The Warrior Priests can't join the Flagellants since they're not unbreakable all the time.

Those Free Company are useless. It would be great to have 2 blocks of swordsmen to put those priests in, with Free Company or Crossbow/handgunner detachments.

craskie666
05-05-2008, 21:52
[QUOTE=LiMunPai;2584225]The Warrior Priests can't join the Flagellants since they're not unbreakable all the time.

a warroir priests can join the flagellants as he can make himself unbreakble and plus in woul there background rubbish if they couldnt

andy10k
05-05-2008, 22:14
The priest can't, its in the FAQ.

LiMunPai
05-05-2008, 22:15
From the Empire FAQ:

Q. May an Arch Lector or Warrior Priest who is Unbreakable due to the effects of the prayer of Unbending Righteousness, join a unit of Flagellants (who are themselves Unbreakable)?
A. No. This is because only models that have the Unbreakable special rule in their entry can do that (and if he joined and then lost the effects of the spell, the entire universe would implode in a puff of logic).

Doesn't make any damn sense to me, and if you were playing me, I'd let you stick the Priests in there even if they were not unbreakable, but those are the official rules.

minionboy
05-05-2008, 22:35
Ah, probably should have read the FAQ... With that in mind though, lets mix this up a bit...

Volkmar: 360

Luthor Huss: 180
Warrior Priest: Hammer of Judgement, Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield: 134
Warrior Priest: Armor of Meteoric Iron, Sigil of Sigmar, Great Weapon: 134

9 Knightly Order: Great Weapons, Full Command, War Banner: 272
20 Swordsmen: Full Command: 145
20 Swordsmen: Full Command: 145
25 Flagellants: Prophet: 260

30 Flagellants: Prophet: 310
30 Flagellants: Prophet: 310

Same idea as last time, trading Free Company for Swordsmen and dropping 5 Flagellants to cover the cost. The Swordsmen are a bit more survivable than the Militia, plus making them Unbreakable with a prayer would mean a really tough army to route.

minionboy
06-05-2008, 16:21
Any other ideas? Think this army stands a chance?

Also, I just realized that this army generates a respectable 7 dispel dice! Yay!

jwelvis629
07-05-2008, 18:10
sorry, but I don't think this army stands a chance....

there's not enough shooting or strong magic to soften up the enemy before combat...

counting on prayers to create unbreakable units is not a good idea... if you can't create enough dangerous spells, they will keep their dispells and only cancel your important prayers that you really need... this use to happen to me all the time with my cult of ulric army... and I had 4 priests and 1 of them had 2 prayers...

I like the idea, so don't take this wrong, but I think you will find from experience, that you will have faster enemies avoid the flagellants, while they concentrate and destroy the other units piecemeal...

I had an idea for an army with 3 flagellant units, and warrior priest, plus a couple wizards, a couple cannons and two units of handgunners.... also a small unit of knights to do flank duty...

I have a time traveler theme to it... check out my thread in this area

good luck with it... I think a couple changes would help, but I could be wrong

thanks!

KirraQQ
07-05-2008, 20:46
Im thinking of something similar to this as a sideproject. I want it to be built around flagellants, warriorpriests and a war altar. Crazy fundamentalists of Sigmar if you want :D But I was thinking of maybe include some wizards awell to make the list more reliable. Model them like catholic preists or something to go with the theme? I havnt got the amybook yet so im not sure how to include gunlines and cavlary to go with the theme but it should work, somehow I hope :D

minionboy
07-05-2008, 21:09
Yeah, i was considering swapping in some wizards (probably lore of Light) to absorb some dispel dice before the prayers sink in. I was having doubts on the effectiveness of the list especially when i thought about what High Elves would do against it, which is the army I face the most.

Oh well, maybe something a little more standard would be more effective.

Conotor
08-05-2008, 02:08
U should take a few detchments.