PDA

View Full Version : So dose the new Daemon book mean

Dayhan
06-05-2008, 14:33
I along with many others have now seemed to been screwed over. My army is made up of both Human and Daemon units. I got enough human units to make a new list of about 3k but where dose that leave my units below:

10 x Furries
2 x Daemons Princes
5 x Flesh hounds
4 x Spawns
2 converted chariots being pulled by spawns

Ok the chariots are not so much a concern. There only converted and can still be used. But will look out of place in an army that can no longer use Daemons in there ranks. As you can see I have no where near enough Daemon units to make a 500 point list, let along anything else. So are these models I've taken time and effort over to convert and paint etc. To just sit on the shelf and no longer be used FFS. Chaos has always been made up of bother types of units. Why the hell is there now a need to rip people off and make all ready purchased and converted / painted models redundant, unless more money is spent. I know times are getting hard at GWS but FFS ripping customers off isn't the way to help a company.

I havnt post for some time and I'm sorry If I've missed a thread already on this topic.

Nals
06-05-2008, 14:39
well as for the furries, daemon princes, flesh hounds well they are part of the daemons now, the spawns on the other hand i still believe will stay in the mortals list, and we will have to see if daemons can be taken in a mortal army when the list comes out in white dwarf.

Cartoon
06-05-2008, 14:42
I believe that only the daemons from the DoC book will be unusable with mortals. That is to say it's entirely possible that there will be some type of generic daemons in the mortals book that may be able to be marked, so I guess you could proxy them in that way. I guess we just have to wait and see the preview list that's coming down the pipe.

Also, the "Reaction to Chaos Rumors" thread has a huge discussion on the subject.

Dayhan
06-05-2008, 15:08
I just read "Reaction to Chaos Rumors" all 7 pages. People keep saying O great there be new units, models etc for Chaos to replace the Daemons. Yer great so I've all ready spent enough on my Chaos army that my marriage would be over if my wife ever found out. And now quarter of the models I bought are no longer any good and I got to spend more cash to make 75% of the army I got left viable to play. And that doesnít even take into account the time and effort to convert and paint the models I and many other players can no longer use.

I don't mind buying new models, if and when I can afford it. If a new model for a unit comes out and I like it over the old ones and can afford it. No prob I'll buy it but I OBJECT to being FORCED into buying models just so I can once again use my army with any chance to win. An army Iíve all ready paid for once. So the fact a customer has spent a huge amount of cash on an army already and is a loyal customer. Seems to mean very little to GWS by the looks of it. If you got to start ripping people off for money as a company. It really dose goes to show a very little view to customer satisfaction and service.

Number one rule to running a company that relies on the general public to buy your product. DON'T rip them off and make them feel they have wasted the time and money. If this is how GWS is going to treat people maybe itís time I sold up and moved on. Itís not as if GWS and Warhammer is the only game out there.

Lijacote
06-05-2008, 15:30
So who forced you to do anything? House rules and good playmates, all you need. It's not like the Hordes of Chaos book is completely unusable in friendly games.

Richter Kless
06-05-2008, 16:31
O dear, I can see where this is heading for.

Ward.
06-05-2008, 16:39
Perhaps wait and see what the hordes of chaos book looks like after it's released. It could very well end up with generic daemon like 40k space marines did that serve the same role as before. With out stepping on the toes of the daemonic legion players.

DeerHeart
06-05-2008, 16:40
I feel your pain Dayhan, and I've said as much in another thread, except that my 2000pt army is now split into three little armies :(

Which brings me to ask, do any of you "in the know" know if beasts might be allowed in the new mortals list? I've decided to split my army into two now, chaos mortals, and daemons. Which leaves me with three minotaurs, three dragon ogres, a bray shaman, and a Doombull that will probably make their way to ebay... unless...

Gaftra
06-05-2008, 16:50
basically wait until the official new chaos mortal codex comes out. the white dwarf isnt bad, just very very limited in what you can choose. the current rumor mill im aware believes that there will some level of integration with new the full 100 page codex in a few more moths.

before I get jumped all over i want to make it clear that i am one of those players that had their models divided in half by the split, both in fantasy and 40k. i looked at my models and found that i had a solid base to begin a great army with an exciting new codex. maybe thats a glass half full approach to things and i should be dragged out into the streets and beaten for it but its how i feel.

sephiroth87
06-05-2008, 16:51
Off topic: Can we please not spell it "furries?" Those are the weird roleplaying groups that get off on dressing like animals.

Furies is what you mean, I think.

On topic: I've shelved my chaos army right now, since it has beasts, mortals, and daemons all in the same army. Oh well. If it turns out that I can't use it anymore, I'll trade the daemons and finish out a beastmen army, since that's what I have the most of.

Ward.
06-05-2008, 17:03
Off topic: Can we please not spell it "furries?" Those are the weird roleplaying groups that get off on dressing like animals.

Furies is what you mean, I think.

No, he plays slaanesh, furries is what he meant.

*I don't actually know if he play slaanesh, but which one would you send after the enemies war machine crews and lone wizards?

IcedCrow
06-05-2008, 17:04
I have played chaos mortals since 1998. I don't own a single chaos hound. I've used flesh hounds since day one. They have always counted as chaos hounds.

Spawns aren't demons. They are mutated former chaos heroes. As far as I know you should still be able to use spawns.

That leaves 10 furies and 2 demon princes. For the furies, I don't know what to tell you. Otherwise use them to count "as beastmen". For the demon princes, simply say they are chaos heroes on demonic steeds.

There ya go.

sephiroth87
06-05-2008, 17:27
No, he plays slaanesh, furries is what he meant.

*I don't actually know if he play slaanesh, but which one would you send after the enemies war machine crews and lone wizards?

That...was....brilliant. :D

Dayhan
06-05-2008, 17:48
I know I seem quite pissed off in my post and to be truthfull I am. Yes I know I should wait for the new book before pulling my hair out but at the same time there is the old saying no smoke with out fire. I personally can't see Daemons having to sets of stats in 2books. Theres no other army that allows this except of course Dogs of War unites. May be thats the way GWS is going with Daemons in the human warband. I just hope I can still use models I've bought in good faith and they don't gather dust on the shelve.

Lardidar
06-05-2008, 17:51
Just mix the furbies into warrior units ... or mount two on a cavalry base and use them as marauder horsemen.

Spawn are still in the list, flesh hounds = chaos hounds.

For the prince .. like Icedcrow said, daemon mounted heroes or perhaps use them as giants.

isidril93
06-05-2008, 20:14
the daemon prince might be usable in a mortal army since they were mortals once and so will have many mortal followers

as for the spawns you could always use them as a beast of nurgle