PDA

View Full Version : 2250 VC - Terror x3

Obeisance
06-05-2008, 14:48
The list itself is pretty-much set.

I just need a little help configuring the Vampire's gear.

However, I am open to suggestion.

470 - Lord riding Terror Level 2, Red Fury, Infinite Hate, Balefire Spike, Bloody Hauberk.
Flying terror causer that can crank out a lot of pain. He really should be carryin the Book of Arkham, but... I find hard justifiying a 505pt model.

160 - Vampire: Dread Knight, Book of Arkham.
125 - Vampire: Dread Knight.
Join Black Knights. These guys feel a bit bare.

105 - Necro: Invocation, 2x Dispel Scrolls.

96 - 12 Ghouls. 6x2 formation.
40 - 5 Dire Wolves.
40 - 5 Dire Wolves.
40 - 5 Dire Wolves.
40 - 5 Dire Wolves.

180 - 5 Black Knights: Barding, Full Command.
180 - 5 Black Knights: Barding, Full Command.
100 - 5 Fell Bats.

175 - Vargulf.
175 - Vargulf.

2214pts, 36pts remain, 89 models.
7 Power.
6 Dispel.
2 Scrolls.
1 Bound.

So how would you improve the item setup on these chars and Knights??

adsVampire
06-05-2008, 16:11
Drop a couple of ghouls and give each vampire Summon Ghouls. Also, your necro does not have to take invok ... he could choose Danse as his one necromancy spell.

Also, ditch the command on both BK units and use the points to pick up more fell bats or even a corpse cart with an Unholy Loadstone ... or maybe that 3rd magic level on your lord. The cart with stone will give lots of mileage for summon ghouls (should you choose to go that route) and have strike first on 2 A poisonous models is pretty sweet as well. Also, you may want to convert one of those vamps into a BSB.

Evil-Lite
06-05-2008, 19:11
Being your general and on a large target... Do you think a 4+ armor and 5+ ward save is enough? Balefire Spike, I like this on my Thrals more then the general; especially if you fight any High Elfs :mad:

Having 1 Thrall with summon ghouls would be a good way to increase the units past their starting size, not to mention making invocation on them a lot easier.

As adsvampire stated, you do not need to take invocation on your necro. Vanhals would be a good choice and even better if you took 1 scroll and 1 powerstone. Unless you plan to go up against a lot of magic armies 1 scroll with 6 dispel should be enough to weather most magic phases.