PDA

View Full Version : 2k chaos dwarf

wizuriel
06-05-2008, 16:40
Since doesn't seem like enough love for the better dwarfs :D trying to convert and make a pretty general choas dwarf list. Any thoughs?

1 lvl 4 sorcerer lord + black gem = 260
1 lvl 2 sorc = 100
1 lvl 2 sorc = 100
1 hobgoblin hero + wolf + heavy arm + e shield + sword of might = 86

17 blunderbusses + champ + banner = 224
17 blunderbusses + champ + banner = 224
19 great axe warriors + champ + banner = 229
10 wolf riders + larm/shield = 130
20 hobgoblins + larm/shield + musician = 90
20 hobgoblins + larm/shield + musician = 90

1 death rocket = 80
2 bolt throwers = 60
2 bolt throwers = 60

1 earthshacker = 110
6 bull centaurs + heavy arm + great weapon + shield + champ + banner = 156

I think the hobo hero will join the bull cenaurs making them my can opener unit.

the wolf riders are for warmachine and mage hunting or to hang back and protect my own warmachines. Debating if its worth dropping the 6th bull centaur (and something else) to give them bows also.

with ld 9/10 troops don't see much point putting musicians on them

Be Afraid
06-05-2008, 16:50
dont forget, muso's win u combat on draws aswell.

i'd consider dropping 2 blunderbusses from each unit for musitions, then use them with
lv2's in ranks 2x9.

i cant see much that 10 wolves can do better than 2x5 though. other than that, a nice, reasonably balanced (i'd like too see a combat dwarf hero) army

wizuriel
06-05-2008, 17:04
dont forget, muso's win u combat on draws aswell.

i'd consider dropping 2 blunderbusses from each unit for musitions, then use them with
lv2's in ranks 2x9.

i cant see much that 10 wolves can do better than 2x5 though. other than that, a nice, reasonably balanced (i'd like too see a combat dwarf hero) army

yeah I wanted the dwarf hero but would need to give up my magic power/defense or the tooled up hobo hero.

unfortunitly the CD list is old and the wolf boys are a min unit size of 10 :(. But they are fast calvery even with the shields and larm :D

for the blunderbusses are thinking in ranks of 5 or 6. Figure with so many they can walk across the field and still maintain 3 ranks for str 5 shoots

the 2 lvl 2 sorceres were going join the blunderbuss units and the lord with the great axes

Zapstorm
06-05-2008, 17:15
First I would leave the Centaurs at 6 wide, but don't have the hobo join them. I would recommend that the hobo boss be equipped with a GW and the Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel, making him str 7 ( a nasty surprise for challenges and especially nasty surprise for chariots!)

Next I would drop the GW's on the dwarf unit and have them at 25 strong (or 24 if you put the lord in there) with a warbanner.

Also unless you really like the idea of hobo's with hand weapon shield, I would suggest just taking them naked and using them as 1 unit of 20 and 2 units of 10 for baits/redirects.

Blunderbusses are perfect the way they are (6X3)

Wolves are fine for war machine/mage hunting or even a flanking force

BThrowers are always good :evilgrin:

And for me, at least, I have never liked the death rocket so I would drop it and give my sorcerers power/dispel scrolls. The power stones will be much more effective than a death rocket.

Overall I would say it is good and should be effective with just a little tweaking.

If you have any extra points I would suggest getting more cdwarf warriors on the field! :angel:

wizuriel
07-05-2008, 04:03
yeah I only have the larm/shield on the hobo cause using the BFSP and the goblins there come with shields. Guess could remove the Larm but for just 1 pt might as well have it.

the str 7 hobo hero would be fun. Would lose the wolf though so not sure how well he would be able to chase down chariots and stuff. Not sure what unit to stick him with like that though. Would instant gib any of my guys if he mishits with those gauntlets.

I also really like the options the great axe gives me CD. Going test that out against more units. With CD init and low movement (even slower than dwarves) probaly never going be hitting first anyways so comes down to a S3 with a 3+ AS or S5 with a 5+ AS