PDA

View Full Version : 2,000pts Slaanesh Daemons

stonehorse
06-05-2008, 18:15
Keeper of Secrets, Level 4, Soul Hunger

Herald of Slaanesh, Many armed Monstrosity, Steed of Slaanesh,

Herald of Slaanesh,

Herald of Slaanesh, Many armed Monstrosity, Steed of Slaanesh, Battle Standard Bearer, Great Icon of Dispair

10 Daemonettes, Full Command, Siren Standard.

5 Pleasure Seekers, Full Command, Siren Standard

2 Fiends of Slaanesh

The 2 mounted Daemonettes go with the unit of Pleasure Seekers with the Keeper of Secrets near by, these are my main attack element, the Daemonetts are there to provide late game support, by late game I mean turn 3! The Fiends will go on a flank and either help out the main thrust of my army or they will be there to hunt Warmachines.

I'm looking forward to unleashing the massive attacks that the Unit of Pleaser Seekers can and will unleash. The 2 Heralds have 6 attacks each, then the unit has 11 Deamonette attacks, and 7 Steeds... 30 attacks in total!

Hehehe... quite evil.

Any thoughts?

Your Mum Rang
06-05-2008, 18:20
I would drop one of the Heralds, add the Masque and give the other 2 lvl 1's.

Slaanesh really really needs to make the most of its strengths. I feel that this list isn't quite there.

Just think, those Daemonettes aren't really going to do all that much against a decent general. You need to use the subtle LD tricks at your disposal!

l1ttle
06-05-2008, 19:52
I love the idea, Slaanesh is my favourite chaos god, and that all because of the new deamonettes

Gaftra
06-05-2008, 19:56
i think the masque would be worth taking just to zap your opponents ld when you hit them. also only 41 models in 2000 counting on 5+ wards an T3? scary stuff

stonehorse
08-05-2008, 10:56
I would drop one of the Heralds, add the Masque and give the other 2 lvl 1's.

Slaanesh really really needs to make the most of its strengths. I feel that this list isn't quite there.

Just think, those Daemonettes aren't really going to do all that much against a decent general. You need to use the subtle LD tricks at your disposal!

I could drop the vanilla Herald and add in the Maque. The Masque could also help out my hammer unit as she is fast enough to keep up and with her minus D3 Leadership ability it'll make the Hammer unit easier to break through.

Here is the new list.

Keeper of Secrets, Level 4, Soul Hunger

Herald of Slaanesh, Level 1, Steed of Slaanesh,

Masque of Slaanesh,

Herald of Slaanesh, Level 1, Steed of Slaanesh, Battle Standard Bearer, Great Icon of Dispair

5 Pleasure Seekers, Full Command, Siren Standard

2 Fiends of Slaanesh

This has more magic punch and the annoying of the Masque Slaanesh... that and as the model count is low it won't be too expensive on the wallet.

Da Black Gobbo
08-05-2008, 12:10
You still need more numbers and your units are nearly useless against blocks even with backing up from other units, try to do some bigger blocks and drop some characters.

Spirit
08-05-2008, 12:22
To be honest, if this is all that is in a 2k army, i will be alot less scared when they play my vampires.

How would you deal with, for example, a m8 varghulf (i have 2!) charging your foot units?

I dont know how much magic the basic heralds have, but it looks like my magic phase will have a field day with this one.

neXus6
08-05-2008, 13:08
Right I've been making Slannesh lists for a bit now under the new book, even back when we were just working on rumours. :p

With the new daemons you simply cannot waste any points at all, you need to squeeze every model you can into it and the army will still be tiny.

At 2k you simply cannot afford to run 4 characters if one is a Greater Daemon, I would drop the non BSB Herald. Also Champions for units are a waste just for +1 attack, and musicians arent really needed often enough to warrent the half a daemon price tag.

Units of Daemonettes need to be 15 strong minimum to do anything other than be support units, and as in pure Slannesh you've not got any other core to be the unit for them to support this means that Daemonettes are always going to have to be your "anvil" unit. As such you need to have enough models to possibly last a round or two till your fast support units come in to help.

To save points you can take only 1 or 2 sizeable units of Daemonettes with the other 2 or 1 as support for that unit, but I'd be inclined to leave the support role to the M10 Units.

I feel Siren Standard isn't really needed on Daemonettes the 75 points can be much better spent, it is very good on Seekers though.

Remember that if you get a multiple charge and 1 unit has the Siren Standard they can't feel from either unit.

Personally I would always try to play 2250 or 2500pts with Daemons cause you can't really fit much into 2000, but even at those high points you STILL need to trim every point you can out of every unit.

At 2500 I would be looking at:
Keeper, Allure, Soul, Torment Blade
Herald, mounted lvl1 BSB, Allure, Torment Blade
Herald, lvl1, Allure, Torment Blade
Masque

17 nettes, standard
18 nettes, standard
18 nettes, standard
6 Furies

6 Seekers, Siren Standard
5 Seekers, Siren Standard

4 Fiends

Just my views, but I hope it adds a bit. :)

Da Black Gobbo
08-05-2008, 14:33
Nexus6 have the point. Anyways i'd split the seekers (if possible) in 2 units of 2 each.