PDA

View Full Version : 2250pts Undivided Daemons....

Your Mum Rang
06-05-2008, 18:24
Hey all. This list is based on lots of playtesting and these are the main strenghts:

- Lots more troops than when taking a GD.
- Balanced is best!
- Flesh Hounds are amazing!
- Flamers are evil.
- Plaguebearers and Horrors work so very well together.

Characters:
Herald of Nurgle: Palanquin - Slime Trail - Noxious Vapours - BSB - Standard of Sundering @ 275pts
Herald of Tzeentch: Master of Sorcery - Spell Breaker @ 165pts

Core:
20 Plaguebearers: Full Command - Standard of Seeping Decay @ 295pts
34 Horrors: Standard - Icon of Sorcery @ 435pts
12 Daemonettes @ 144pts
8 Furies @ 96pts

Special:
6 Flesh Hounds @ 210pts
6 Flesh Hounds @ 210pts

Rare:
6 Flamers @ 210pts
6 Flamers @ 210pts

2250pts

Let me have it!

minionboy
06-05-2008, 18:36
In a 2250 tournament, I think you're very likely to find an enemy who will have their sights set on that massive block of 34 Horrors... with a Stone Thrower. Even though their magic is spiffy that large, I think you're better off splitting down to 2 units of 16 for survivability, or even dropping the Daemonettes for more Plague Bearers if you plan on using them to defend your squishy unit of horrors.

Other than that, a little character light for my taste, but not bad.

Your Mum Rang
06-05-2008, 18:45
Actually, those Horrors are suprisingly sturdy. In a lot of games the enemy had had to make a choice. Ignore them and face their magic or try and destroy them which actually takes a lot more effort than you'd think and that leaves the rest of the army free to do their jobs.

Plus, the problem with smaller units means you lose access to Bolt of Chance, a very powerful spell!

I tried lists without them and with a GD but tbh I missed them a lot.. They can really force the issue with a lot of opponents.

Plus, I never play tourneys and if someone tailors they'll likely win as this IS a balanced army.

Scooner
06-05-2008, 18:49
i like it alot. im a bigst an awesome plague bearer fan..i think they are just an awesome daemon.

i think a tzeenurgle army would work wonders and all i can say is go for it!!

Kerill
07-05-2008, 03:59
Looks nice and solid. How do you use the fleshounds in an otherwise fairly slow (for daemons!) list. On a flank in a pair or just as the pincers for your main blocks?

adreal
07-05-2008, 04:09
.:NOTE:. I don't have the daemons book, and am only going of what I've heard said on forums and such...

The nurgle bsb is mainly for magic defence with that banner, which is a good choice, but at that points level many players wont just be sticking to one lore, I suppose yuo'll be choosing the most offensive lore the opponent has taken, but that might not be enough

is spell breaker a type of dispell scroll, sorry don't have the book, but he seems as good as you can make a tzeentch herald, he hides with the horrors yes?

will 12 daemonettes be enough, they seem surprisingly fragile, and in such a small unit, I suppose they have I2P to help them but still....could you swap them for more plague bearers, they seem tougher.....

where do you plan on running the hounds, together or one on each flank, still from what I can remember they seem to be fairly killy, so they should be good where ever you put them.

Your Mum Rang
07-05-2008, 09:30
God, you lads will soon develop the absolute adoration that I have for Flesh Hounds. They are utterly amazing. They hit like a ton of bricks! If I could fit 4 units in I would!

They are great troubleshooters. If there is an annoying missile unit I place them opposite and charge. They can protect the flanks of the big blocks. They can go on a flanking mission. They can screen against magic heavy armies.

They're just excellent.

Gralph!?!
07-05-2008, 09:58
yes they are very good but there is something about them i am unsettled on. it might be that they cost the same as a unit of knights and have but the 5+ ward and the 2 wounds for safety.

(yes, i know they are hard but it would still be better if they could be supported by infantry)

Your Mum Rang
07-05-2008, 10:23
It's just a matter of keeping them safe and using them wisely. Once you remember that they aren't knights, you're sorted. They often fall to the bottom of the enemy's priority because of the Flamers, Horrors and PB's.

neXus6
07-05-2008, 10:33
It's just a matter of keeping them safe and using them wisely.

Which is a tactic that you NEED to learn for pretty much all the daemons bar maybe Khorne heralds on Juggers with a 0+ save. :p

As I said on the daemon forums I recon the big unit of Horrors makes up for the lack of a lvl4 caster GD. And I suppose in a lot of ways is more durable what with having 34 wounds. :D

The only suggestion I could possibly make would be to try to free up 10 points then drop 1 unit of flamers for a unit of 4 Fiends at 220pts. I'm starting to think Fiends might be one of the best support units in the game, speed, removing ranks AND a pish load of S4 piercing attacks...and musk to help with running down. :p
Not that I discount flamers at all, I think they are good too, but random number of shots + rolling to hit could go badly...then again 2 units could decimate half an army with a bit of luck.

Your Mum Rang
07-05-2008, 11:31
That sounds very doable. Though I worry about a unit of 4 Fiends as it's very big. Would be nice to have some support for the Fleshies!

Gralph!?!
07-05-2008, 12:54
you could easily get away with having 3, as with 4 you will get alot of attacks but will have such a wide frontage that would pretty much waste alot of there high movement.

Your Mum Rang
07-05-2008, 13:21
Characters:
Herald of Nurgle: Palanquin - Slime Trail - Noxious Vapours - BSB - Standard of Sundering @ 275pts
Herald of Tzeentch: Master of Sorcery - Spell Breaker @ 165pts

Core:
20 Plaguebearers: Full Command - Standard of Seeping Decay @ 295pts
34 Horrors: Standard - Icon of Sorcery @ 435pts
12 Daemonettes: Musician @ 150pts
10 Furies @ 120pts

Special:
6 Flesh Hounds @ 210pts
6 Flesh Hounds @ 210pts

Rare:
6 Flamers: Pyrocaster @ 225pts
3 Fiends of Slaanesh @ 165pts

2250pts

I LIKES!

neXus6
07-05-2008, 14:14
Yeah I like that one a lot more. :D

I suggested 4 Fiends for a few reasons, you can lose 1 and still be more than effective for example. I really don't think 4 is unwieldy I've seen 8 wide units of knights get along just fine and Fiends move even faster.

3 will do and it stays at exactly 2250pts which i know YMR likes.
I do find it funny that I suggested Fiends here just as you suggested them on the Daemon forums though. :p

Your Mum Rang
07-05-2008, 14:20
I took your advice! And I don't really care about being a bit over.