PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Armour and Icon Bearer

The Clairvoyant
06-05-2008, 19:13
My army book isn't to hand and i was thinking about this situation:

If a tomb king is in combat on his own and loses combat by 2. He is within 12" of the Icon Bearer.

Does the icon bearer reduce the CR wounds to 1 first, or does the Scorpion armour reduce the wounds to 1 and then the Icon Bearer removes that wound?

siphon101
06-05-2008, 19:20
My army book isn't to hand and i was thinking about this situation:

If a tomb king is in combat on his own and loses combat by 2. He is within 12" of the Icon Bearer.

Does the icon bearer reduce the CR wounds to 1 first, or does the Scorpion armour reduce the wounds to 1 and then the Icon Bearer removes that wound?

To my understanding, if it works like VC works, the presence of the battle standard bearer reduces combat resolution wounds by 1 after all other modifiers are taken into account.

So you would determine how many wounds you take by combat resolution, utilize any means you can to reduce that number, then take into account the BSB, as the BSB reduces the total wounds taken due to combat resolution by 1.

Clegane
06-05-2008, 19:45
The TK book itself, under the description for Scorpion Armor, states "...can never suffer more than one wound due to combat resolution (after any modifiers for being within 12" of the Battle Standard, etc)."

So there ya go.

The Clairvoyant
06-05-2008, 19:50
The TK book itself, under the description for Scorpion Armor, states "...can never suffer more than one wound due to combat resolution (after any modifiers for being within 12" of the Battle Standard, etc)."

So there ya go.

ah well thats pretty conclusive then! Thank ye kindly :)

Clegane
06-05-2008, 20:15
Yuppers. Try as I might, I just can't come up with any valid reason to actually justify bringing an Icon Bearer in a TK list. Working in conjunction with Scorpion Armor to totally nullify CR wounds on a character would have been a point in favor, to be sure. But it seems he's not even able to do that. :/

There just aren't any circumstances in which he'd be more useful than an extra Liche Priest. Maybe when we finally get a new codex, there'll be some worthwhile high-end banners to justify taking him. Or maybe they'll actually re-write the Icon Bearer himself to be a worthwhile character of his own accord. Even something as simple as giving him a version of MWBD would be a big help. Til then, though, I think he's just gonna keep rotting away on my shelf.