PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a hard take on all comers (2000pts)

adreal
07-05-2008, 02:37
Ok So I actually get to go to my local club this week (sprained ankle so no training) and I actually want to get a fantasy game in and, while I'm not a WAAC kind of guy, I don't want to play a fluffy list (VC are pretty big last time I went and I imagine Daemons will be around as well). So yeah here is my take on a hard TOAC list

Prince
-Star Dragon
-Star Lance
-Vambraces of Defense
-Dragon Armour
-Shield
=627pts
Pricey as all hell, but he can dish out the pain, and take alot of damage....might not be as good against dwarves or empire, but the model is sweet
Mage
-2x Dispell Scrolls
=140pts
Standard scroll caddy, VC and Daemonc can play the hard magic game, this should even things out.....
Mage
-Lvl 2
-Seerstaff
-Dispell Scroll
=185pts
Tooled for magic defense.....well not really, but seerstaff will either help me choose stuff to shut down magic, or a nice spell to hlep me....
10 Archers
=110pts
10 Archers
=110pts
Yep small core *shudder* but I want to use my dragon, normally I would use 20 spearmen here as well....
5 Dragon Princes
-Full Command
-Banner of Ellyrion
-Amulet of Light
=230pts
Amulet is incase of Cairn Wraiths and stuff like that, the banner is to help me move around the field.....
5 Silver Helms
-Full Command
-Shields
=155pts
Backup incase my princes die.......that and I only have 5 dragon prince models....
12 Swordmasters
-Full Command
-Warbanner
=230pts
Some hardcore infantry, ranked in 2x6 for max attacks....
RBT
=100pts
RBT
=100pts
Well they do shoot fairly well......

The level 2 mage doesn't really fit in, but I need the extra dispell dice, so a fighty hero is out

Andrew Luke
07-05-2008, 02:46
So wait you are NOT a WAAC player, right? hehe jk

You are pretty low on models and half your points are in chars... Do you have any chariots? They are cheap and offer a really effective counter charge. If your worried about VC and Deamons I would take a little bit more Leadership boosting items. Ideally your Lord should be near the rest of the army boosting LD. Maybe you could use a dragon mage instead? For some reason I can see your Dragon and Dragon riders combo-charging a deamon block to great effect, while one unit of Blood Crushers chases off the rest of your army. A big block of spears has a much better chance than swordmasters when impact hits are involved...

adreal
07-05-2008, 03:25
So wait you are NOT a WAAC player, right? hehe jk

You are pretty low on models and half your points are in chars... Do you have any chariots? They are cheap and offer a really effective counter charge. If your worried about VC and Deamons I would take a little bit more Leadership boosting items. Ideally your Lord should be near the rest of the army boosting LD. Maybe you could use a dragon mage instead? For some reason I can see your Dragon and Dragon riders combo-charging a deamon block to great effect, while one unit of Blood Crushers chases off the rest of your army. A big block of spears has a much better chance than swordmasters when impact hits are involved...

No I'm not, I just don't get to play much so I thought I would make a hard list is all, for a change.

I have three chariots (on still in building). I also don't know if Daemons will be a big army at my club, or not as I havn't been for months, but last time I was there VC were big (shrugs). I havn't painted my dragon mage yet, and no other mages I have fit on my painted dragon.

So I should swap out swordmasters for spearmen, and maybe chariots for my silver helms

edit I've really changed my list around, dropped the level 2, silver helms and swordmasters for a fighty hero on foot and 40 spearmen (2 units of 20) so yeah....

Be Afraid
09-05-2008, 00:13
dont forget dragon takes up a hero choice. its not a bad list, although, i think 2 more dragon princes should be on the shopping list, could drop the silver helms for them, lv2 on ur mage without it, and then get a bolt thrower, or chariot or somthing.

warhawk95
09-05-2008, 00:31
If this is an all comers list then I would suggest taking WL instead of SM due to thier protection against shooting. If your worried about VC then leave them. Other than that it looks fine, but I would possibly drop the SH for a chariot to help free up some points for an eagle.