Special - 375

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

5x Carrion - 120

Rare - 90

SSC - 90

Total: 1998

Overall its a very aggresive list made to get in the opponents face and still have some supporting fire to weaken or destroy key units.

The catapult, only took one since I'm already taking three scorpions :P. I've never been a believer in SotF. If I need to be more defensive I could drop a scorp and take the icon of rulership on the king instead of the CoF and take another catapult.

Specials, there is no doubt that the scorps and carrion will devastate enemy warmachines and other soft targets. Carrion may march block as well. Scorps will flank once priority targets have been eliminated.

The chariots are pretty simple, I won't charge them directly into the enemy without support from others. The massive unit of archers is well...big and a little un-wieldy but they can reform for combat and with the BotUL I think its a safe bet they will survive the match. Also, the massive size will max my smiting for them.

Characters, pretty common TK, 3xLP setup. The only thing I am unsure off is not taking the collar/ward save on any of them. The scroll caddy will lose himself in the ocean of skeleton archers, smiting them or the catapult. The mounted priest will follow in th wake of the chariots. The Heirophant will fly around the map lending his power to the chariots. The Tomb King may or may not join a chariot unit but he will stay near them.

To make it 2250 I will throw in a bone giant and some other stuff to fill the gap.

So what do you think?

3Xhume
07-05-2008, 09:56
You made this list for tournament i suppose because when i see your list, one thing comes to mind. "Man... It will be no fun playing against such an army". My oppinions are :

- Add chariot ward save item (5+ ward) on TK chariot
- Drop the steed and the staff from one liche and get yourself a Casket of Souls or another SSC
- Drop the Skellies to 20. You dont need that many as they will take up a lot of space. Or if you want 30, divide into 20 and 10 skellies unit.
- At 2250, dont bother the Bone Giant. More SSC or Casket is better.

adreal
07-05-2008, 12:29
Here it is:

Characters - 778

Tomb King - 285
Flail of Skulls, Chariot of Fire
Chariot

I usually run a TK with great weapon and golden ankrha in the chariot of fire, good offense and a great defence (light armour, and maybe the magic shield, cant remember), just something to keep in mind

Liche (Heiro.) - 160
Cloak of Dunes, Heiratic Jar

Liche - 168
Staff of Ravening
Steed

Liche - 165
2x Scrolls

the hiero is a good setup, but keep him moving, in 7th he might be easier to snip, so maybe drop the jar for a ward save (if points allow), caskets are also fairly good but they will be limited once ur chariots hit home...

Core - 755

3 Chariots - 120

3 Chariots - 120

3 Chariots - 120

3 Chariots - 120

30 Skellies - 275
Bows, Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion

now I've never run that many chariot units, mainly because I had the casket to fit in and actually wanted it to do something, maybe drop a unit or two for some shooting offence to be able to actually do something. Also big archer units I find don't work and will just get targeted by stone throwers and the like, maybe three units of 10 would be better (they do seem to work for me)

Special - 375

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

5x Carrion - 120

well I've only ever run one scorp (if you can put together three of them, my hat goes off to you sir) but maybe droping one for some ushabti (as well as some chariot units) would be good, gives you either an anvil or something to protect your gunline

Rare - 90

SSC - 90

Total: 1998

SSC is good, and even though I always spring points for it, SotF have never really done anything for me, maybe once they will get a luckey kill, but......
Also I havn't run a bone giant, so I can't comment on them, but TK heavy cav run in a unit of 8-12 with banner of the undieing legion (or warbanner) does do great things on the flank, either to help your chariots or just to get rid of light cav

Alpha_Wolf
07-05-2008, 16:24
Okay, I've made some of the reccomended changes, I'll just post them rather than the entire list over again.

Tomb King, added the Golden Eye to his chariot. Still have chariot of fire but I'm probably going to swap it out for the brooch of the great desert against some enemies, high elves in particular.

The Heirophant, kept Cloak of Dunes, can swap out H.Jar for collar of shapesh but I'm not sure if the collar won't go better with my Casket.

Liche Priest (scroll caddy), added Casket of Souls here, woot, love the model. Anyway, if I don't take the collar on my heirophant then this is where it will go. I'd have to drop a scroll and in doing that I'd be more likely to take the brooch for the tomb king.

Scratched a unit of chariots.

Toned the skellie mob down to 20. I had extra points left over so I added a unit champ to soak up challenges if the need arrises.

I think thats everything, total is still at 1998. Thanks for the wonderful advice, I would love more. Overall I like these changes, the casket will be a great thing for this list. Dropping the chariots from 12 to 9 will weaken the armies hitting power but the dispell dice that the casket will be raking in should allow the chariots to slip between the cracks.

Again thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming if you would please!

Alpha_Wolf
08-05-2008, 23:29
Rather than post a new topic I'll just renew this one...

Hhh...I am never content with my current army list. Even if it is a good list. Alas, maybe I'm too demanding. :p

Anyway, I re-did the army in hopes of making it a little more friendly. I think its still fairly competetive though.

So here it is...again:

Tomb King - 305
Flail of Skulls, Golden Eye, Icon of Rulership
Chariot

Liche (heiro.) - 160
Cloak of Dunes, H.Jar

Liche - 168
Staff of Ravening
Steed

Liche - 165
2x Scrolls

3x Chariots - 120

3x Chariots - 120

2x Tomb Swarms - 90

20x Skellies with bows - 205
Standard bearer with BotUL + unit champ.

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

5x Carrion - 120

3x Ushabti - 195

SSC - 90

SSC - 90

So there you have it. Its 1998 points total.

The amount of chariots have been reduced a lot for a number of reasons despite how cool they are. Mainly because they fail at wooded terrain, get smashed by anything Str 7+ and I don't want to over-use them.

I dropped a scorpion to be a little more friendly. I also went a whole 5 points more to add a unit of the less popular tomb swarms for flavor...but I get the feeling my opponent won't appreciate this much.

The ushabti! Yay! Some of the coolest models in the game, not sure if I like the crocodile one so we will leave him out. Not afraid of wooded terrain they provide a good amount of punch for my army of course, it'd still be foolish to send them in alone. They are a bit slower than chariots so I'll have to compensate for that.

Another catapult, c'mon really can't argue with taking these things. Combined with the magic of the tomb king army (double shooting, raise crew and heal warmachine) this is probably the best warmachine in the game.

I think this army has a lot of pros. Lots of magic but I am thinking about taking the crown of kings on my TK, displacing the golden eye and the IoR. It has manageable unit sizes, good shooting and hits hard and fast.

Now the bad...

Small unit sizes makes for no static combat resolution (archers being the only exception) so I'll have to get flank/rear. The characters can be picked off if I am not careful. It relies on getting the charge, this shouldn't be too hard with all the disruption and magic going on. Its mainly the characters that worry me.

So what are your thoughts? How would you defeat this army with your own?