PDA

View Full Version : Nightshroud + Pit of Shades

Jagosaja
07-05-2008, 14:59
How about this, a lone Vampire with Forbidden Lore, Lore of Shadows, and with a Nightshroud charges a Bloodthirster, and manages to pull off a Pit of Shades. On what initiative will Bloodthirster be testing? By RAW, the unit wishing to attack the wearer of Nightshroud has his I reduced to 1, and this is nowhere limited to close combat, but I guess it was not intended to be so. Wishing does not mean striking, it means he is not yet swinging, but by being the only one in contact with the lone Vampire, Bloodthirster has no other choice but "to wish" to strike at him.

theunwantedbeing
07-05-2008, 15:03
Pit of shades is only usable against an unengaged enemy.
The nightshroud requires base to base contact.

So no conflict.

Count Zero
07-05-2008, 15:04
i would probably assume that it would test on its normal I. you attack in the CC phase not in the magic phase.

i would say similar would apply to other items like the dark elf shield that reduces the str of incoming attacks, this wouldnt change the str of a enemy if it had to take a charcteristic test in another game phase.

still others may see if differently.

E-616
07-05-2008, 15:09
Well the Nightshroud does simply reduce the enemy to I1 so long as they are attacking the bearer and in a one on one fight it can't refuse to attack, nothing is said about it being only in the combat phase, so I suppose it would count in the magic phase, could be an oversight on the developers part?

A tricky spell to pull off from a hero Vamp... course your opponent may not be to thrilled at this combo ;)

Count Zero
07-05-2008, 16:31
well looking at what TUB said looks like it wont happen anyway. you would need a spell that can be cast on someone in CC that effects I. is there such a spell?

Copenhagan
07-05-2008, 17:15
I don't know if there is a spell but there is a Lizardman magic item that makes the target take a toughness test. And it has no targeting restrictions.

Volapyk
07-05-2008, 17:38
Speaking from experience, the nightshroud works wonders on a necromancer along with a giant against large targets :) The look of first suprise and then suspicion when we vanhellsed a necromancer into combat against that big bloodthirster already charged by a giant.

Second round of combat, bloodthirster wishes to make 3 attacks on the necromancer and rest on the giant, strikes last due to Nightshroud and in comes the Thump with Club from the giant :)

theunwantedbeing
07-05-2008, 17:42
Thump with club and a giant is about the only real use for it.
Although you can just challenge the guy and avoid the thump with club.
Or just not attack the necromancer and kill the giant instead.

Jagosaja
07-05-2008, 20:08
Yep, sorry for spamming, I didn't have the book at the time and I forgot about the part for not being in combat. Still, it could have been a nasty combo.