PDA

View Full Version : dogs of war !!

jhon
08-05-2008, 06:53
hi to all warhammer fantesy vet . i havent play wfb for over 6 years and least week i have dig out my dog of war army , and here is what i have :

dragon lord & death fang
voland and 10 rider
40 piker
20 crossbow men
10 bird men

i know dogs of war is a under dog army , but is there anything i do / add / change to make it into a ok army ? thousand thanks !:)

Bloodknight
08-05-2008, 08:18
I'd stuff in a few fast cav, a cannon or two, a few Norse Marauders and a few wizards. You also need a paymaster.
That said: if you want a semicompetitive army you cannot play the birdmen, they are easily the worst unit in WFB in skill vs points. I own several of them, the models are brilliant, but they suck so horribly you would not believe it...

jhon
20-05-2008, 07:04
my freind sell me his slayer gobin hower yesterday the model look beautiful and he say you can use it in the DOW army , where i can get the status ?

i m planning to go to 2k pts and here is things i finish so far :
10 drawf
slayer gobin hower
dragon lord and death fang
voland and 12 riders
1 pay master with bace of pistol
2 level 2 wizards
1 level3 wizards lord
40 pike men
20 crossbow men
15 wolf rider

Ipeninrod
21-05-2008, 14:32
the hewer rocks against massed infantry. 10 dwarves? slayer pirates or just an anchor point or flank guard?

Eigilb
21-05-2008, 17:57
Rep for starting a DOW army!

I play 1k Dow a couple of times. I úsed 2x8 duelists with dual pistols, they were quiet effective.

Bloodknight
21-05-2008, 18:44
Duellists can only get a single pistol ;).

@jhon: that looks like a nice army. The rules for the Goblin Hewer are in the Storm of Chaos book, in the slayer army list. They made these lists public as .pdf, but they are not online anymore. Drop me a PM with your email address, I'll send it to you.

edit: ah, goddammit, I've only got it in German - I did not even notice due to almost all the reading I do todays is in English. Anybody saved the English files?

Cortomaltese
21-05-2008, 21:45
duellist were a good choiche during 6th ed.. now pistol is quite different, so u have to use them wisely..
anyway duellist are easy and cheap to build from the empire "militia" sprue.. which offers lots of useful bits..

for the list i can suggest use dwarf crossbowmen instead of normal humans (better T , Ld and AS, they can easily become a good ranked unit if the paymaster joins them..) and maybe adding Mengil's dark elves as swifty shooter, which are expensive but so good! :)

Lord Aries
22-05-2008, 01:24
I think duelist with pistol is amazing. Move and shoot without penalty for range, means almost always hitting on a 4+... str 4 AP. Then, it counts as an additional hand weapon, giving you 2a in CC.

OH yeah, and you can ALWAYS stand and shoot with it, meaning that you get to shoot with the whole squad.

If you want to WIN... there are a few things you can take that will make your army in NO WAY a underdog.

1. Mengils manhide Manflayers. Fracking broken unit of awesomeness, if you learn to use them right.

2. Getting to take a level 4 mage as your lord, and 2 dark emissaries giving you 3 level 4 mages.

3. Goblinhewer- Best warmachine in the game for its points...

4. OGRES- specifically maneaters, who are a special choice for you, giving you the oppurtunity to take 4 units. give them brace of handguns and you can shoot well and rip faces off in CC.

5. CHEAP units of lots of pikemen... they are good, very good.

Bloodknight
22-05-2008, 02:06
Isn't the Dark Emissary a RoR, so one per army. And where the heck do you get cheap pikemen? Pikemen are anything but cheap, and they are not very good either, because you don't get what you pay for. ;)

lachlanwizard
22-05-2008, 02:44
Can we still take dark emmisary and goblin hewer? I was under the impression that those lists became obsolete with 7th edition. If not, my DoW is getting a hewer.

jhon
22-05-2008, 03:30
@ blood knight : the book is call strom of choas , right ? found it , in a second hand or out date game book store. thanks . [ though the cover is tore off and i can smell coconunts in the page , but it only cost $3 us ]
@lachlanwizard : i can still see the pic of the hewer and emmisary in the DOW web page therefore i think they are still vaild.
@Ipeninrod : 10 slayer model my freind sell it to me along with the hewer . i may covert them into crossbow slayer .

Dalros
22-05-2008, 04:21
Can we still take dark emmisary and goblin hewer? I was under the impression that those lists became obsolete with 7th edition. If not, my DoW is getting a hewer.

As my brother would put it. Short answer yes, long answer no. DoW, the hewer, dark emissary, and the Truthsayer are technically legal, but dont expect an update for them anytime soon, and dont expect to be able to use them in tournaments.

Lord Aries
22-05-2008, 04:26
Most Indy GT's allow them. IF you are taking an ALL DOW army.

Admiral Samuel Eden
22-05-2008, 06:20
Duelists with pistols are great.
Reco's Republican Guards are basically the best pike men (sorry, I get mixed up sometimes, they're the WS4 ones right).
Add cannon, wizards and ogres as already stated and crossbowmen are always useful, also as stated.
Now I really like galloper guns but thats a whole different story and its up to you.
Mengil's Man Flayers are fantastic though you have to know how to use them.
You may want to consider a giant but I don't use one.
Dwarf anchor units are great and Norse marauders are very useful as well.
As to dark emissaries, nothing illegal about them yet. Nothing wrong with the goblin hewer either.

Zilverug
22-05-2008, 10:22
Voland's Venators are awesome value for money (similar in price to Empire Inner Circle - slightly worse armor, but more attacks due to Voland). The pistol-wielding duellists and Slayer Pirates never let me down either.

Bloodknight
22-05-2008, 10:44
@Jhon: yes, that's it.

As for pikemen: I only play Ricco's because they are vastly better for 1 point more over a normal pikeman, and the Alcatani Fellowship if mostly WS4 opponents are to be expected (they do the same as WS3 pikemen, but are cheaper).

Voland's are excellent and a staple of most DoW armies. You cannot go wrong with Inner Circle knights and a hero.
Mengil is a staple of my army, I'd never leave house without them. If your magical defense is good enough to keep them alive and you don't put them in front of an Organ gun, they are pretty likely to get more than their points in, hunting and flaying warmachine crews, shooting giants and ogres, sniping Skaven gun teams and so on. Probably the best unit the DoW can take.
With the advent of more infantry on the board the Goblin Hewer also got better, and it's already been quite sick. There is however one problem: Malakai eats a hero slot.

jhon
23-05-2008, 02:06
OK here is my list :
heros unit
one level3 wizard lord 175 [finish]
one level2 wizard 95 [done]
one pay master with : brace of pistol , barbed horse , heavy armour . 87 [ finish]
dragon lord , death fang 460 [finish ]

core
3x10 crossbow men 240 [ not start yet]
4x10 pistol dustlist 360 [finish 20 model ]
voland with 9 rider 315 [ unit ready]

rare unit
goblin hewer 130 [ done ]

now i got around 140 pts and 4 special choice left what shall i do with the left over , i m thinking a unit of lumkin's angry cooks[they will make my DOW more colorful ] , ricco [pretty soild unit] or a unit of orge [ supporting voland] ....

Ipeninrod
23-05-2008, 02:24
are the 10 dwarfs slayer pirates?
if they aew don't convert they rock as is?

jhon
23-05-2008, 02:29
@ pistol dualist they seem kind of expensive so does the crossbow men .. [ i use a 300 model strong skaven arny in 6th ed ]
@ Mengils , one of the best unit in DoW but he seems kind of freaky gloomry for my DOW . most of my heros are ' good ' people ..

jhon
23-05-2008, 02:31
are the 10 dwarfs slayer pirates?
if they aew don't convert they rock as is?

no , they are slayer form the slayer king army . even their hair color is in orange ..

Lord Aries
23-05-2008, 04:54
Today my 10 man unit of duelists with pistols walked up to a lion chariot, and did 3 wounds. Then it charged my unit and took 1 more and died!!! Then I rank behind a unit of swordmasters and I killed 4 a turn for 3 turns...

I would take some Ogres, but not just any ogres... Maneaters from the Ogre Kingdoms book. They rock ballz, with their 24" DUEL pistols and bs 4. They get 2 shots each at str 4 AP, at 24" range with no movement or range penalties, they get 5 str 5 attacks EACH in CC, and are stubborn and immune to psychology.

BTW... You need to take some dispel scrolls. You have to have at least 2 in your list... you can have up to 6 with your current set up.

Also, give your paymaster the enchanted shield and talisman of protection, you don't want him dying.

Admiral Samuel Eden
23-05-2008, 05:47
I'll back Lord Airies here, all those points are good.

jhon
23-05-2008, 05:48
come to think of it , throwing the pay master to the most hard core unit your opp have in a dire situation is not a bad idea. one question : if i give my pay master the bace of pistol and the shield same time , will i get the " every hit in close combat court as pistol shot " bouns ?

Bloodknight
23-05-2008, 09:27
Nope, that bonus is gone in 7th edition. Pistols just count as hand weapons now.

jhon
23-05-2008, 09:49
Nope, that bonus is gone in 7th edition. Pistols just count as hand weapons now.

NOooo!!:cries: in that case i may just buy a single pistol and a enchaned shield ...

Bloodknight
23-05-2008, 09:51
You might still want the brace because braces get multiple shotx2, and pistols can always, regardless of range, stand and shoot.

Condottiere
23-05-2008, 10:03
I'd like to say that Lumpin Croop's make a good cheap screen, plus have the potential to annoy the opponent with their 24" range bows.

jhon
24-05-2008, 01:43
@ blood knight . but that will -1 to the hit roll does it ?
@ condottieri . they got high ld but their T is low as hell i dont think they can screen any one . but they do have teh potential to annoy ppl with their bow and skimish rule .

jhon
24-05-2008, 05:04
OK here is my new list :
heros unit
one level3 wizard lord 175 + 3 scroll 75 [finish]
one level2 wizard 95 + 2scoll 50 [done]
one pay master with : echanted sheild , long bow , sword of might , barbed horse , heavy armour . 105 [ wip]
dragon lord , death fang 460 [finish ]

core
3x10 crossbow men 240 [ not start yet]
4x10 pistol dustlist 360 [finish 20 model ]
voland with 9 rider 315 [ unit ready]

rare unit
goblin hewer 130 [ done ]

Lord Aries
24-05-2008, 06:47
that is a lot better. You can magic and shoot them with the mages and xbowmen... while your dragon moves into position to flank/rear. Your duelists can move up, THROUGH terrain if available, and rock face, march block, and kill off knights even. Your knights can refuse a flank, and keep people honest about trying to charge your crossbowmen...

However the hewer takes up a hero slot giving you 5 heroes and making it illegal.

Still its a much better list than before.

quina2525
25-05-2008, 18:29
Dwarfs with Crossbows and great weapons ftw

;)

pkain762
26-05-2008, 00:18
when was the last time that DoW was updated? the latest and greatest is the pdf files for the DoW and the Regiments of Renown right? Plus i think that it is funny how the new us gw site doesn't have any of that info on there any more.... i plan on converting a few units and using some of the regiments of renown

kain

jhon
26-05-2008, 02:05
@ Lord Aries : i thought the hewer only takes an extra hero slot when its taken by empire and dwarf army ... in that case i will rethink my list . ..

Lord Aries
26-05-2008, 02:41
U might be right... there used to be a chart that told you what slots it took for each army.

On army builder it takes up a hero/rare.

jhon
26-05-2008, 07:12
@ PKAIN762: The best you can get is the PDF list form GW site . ...
@ lord Aries : in any case i will change the gobin hewer to a cannon or a halfling pot thrower ..

pkain762
26-05-2008, 20:45
yeah i have them downloaded and printed off...... i was just wondering.... if dow was still a tourny legal army and if people still use dogs of war regularly, if it is frowned apon etc

cause i have OK army so i was gonna use DoW to expand my OK army and start a DoW army cause i think it opens to doors for some cool lists and conversions

kain

Dexter099
27-05-2008, 01:56
Meh. I would NOT take Lumpin Croop. He is EXTREMELY expensive,a nd you are getting lot more by taking regular halflings.

jhon
27-05-2008, 02:23
as far as i know DOW is still tourny legal . due to the army is an under dog army , theirs not that many ppl wana use it .

@ all the user at this thread: yesterday i give my dogs a test run agianst a non-power house vampire army. and it turn out the army is not as bad as i think

high light of the test run:
- the pistol dualist kill tons of spell spawn zombie before every one of them fail their fear test and run of the table .
- some zombie ate my dragon in the over run .
- my crossbow men shoot down the over grow vampiric bat
- my pay master and both of my wirzard live after the battle .
-voland kill 8 blood knight and 12 grave guard but got eaten by a unit of ghost ....

after battle:
around 400pts left for me and over 900 pts left for the vampire player. i got my pay master , both of my wirzard , and a few bow men left on the board and i only kill 8 blood knight , a unit of 15 grave guard , a over grow vampire , and tons of spell spawn zombie which i cant sorce any victory pts . this is a masscare victory for the vampire . the dogs went better than i thought . i make a few big mistake on the order of using magic and mass up the charging a few time which cost me dearly . next time , my dogs will chow the bone of the undead ... next time ...

pkain762
27-05-2008, 03:05
yeah i'm seeing a lot of ways that dogs of war can work...... especially some of those regiments of renown units.... i am really liking the company of the damned..... riecher or whatever his name is is a damned soul.... leading undead skeletons..... and he has some really cool rules with him....

also those arabian light can guys have some cool rules..... the only problem is finding the right models to convert into the units you want... i am going to use VC skellys and an old vampire converted w/a skelly to make that company of the damned

then i was thinking about using the rough riders in 40k for the arabian light cav..... and then empire knights for the heavy cav....

then of course using my ogres to add some heavy hitting to the DoW

kain

jhon
27-05-2008, 03:14
well .. the DOW have tons of hard hitting unit but the biggest weakness of the dogs are lacking of magical weapon ...

pkain762
28-05-2008, 16:12
yeah but they do have some magic weapons..... one question for those of you that have actually played DoW

what is the best unit/set up to put your wizards in? i play OK so i don't usually hide my butcher.... so what is the best way to hide your wizards?

kain

Bloodknight
28-05-2008, 16:19
Pikemen or Dwarfs. While Duellists might give them better movement opportunities, a unit of pikemen will offer far better protection.

Condottiere
28-05-2008, 16:21
yeah but they do have some magic weapons..... one question for those of you that have actually played DoW

what is the best unit/set up to put your wizards in? i play OK so i don't usually hide my butcher.... so what is the best way to hide your wizards?

kain

Skirmishers if you want to hide in a forest, heavy cavalry for the armour save, light for fast getaways, cannons for the warmachine save, pikes if you're expecting company.

pkain762
29-05-2008, 00:36
you guys think i could get away with using spearmen models as my pikemen.... cause the only pikemen are the 55 dollar DoW models.... So i was thinking of using empire state troops spearmen as my pikemen..... thoughts?

kain

Bloodknight
29-05-2008, 09:54
I think most people do that and convert them with brass rod to get pikes or buy pikes. I think the Perrys sell pikes in packs of 80 for a good price. Personally, I mostly use Alcatani pikemen models in normal 2000pt games, but if the game gets really big - 3K and up, I roll out a few regiments of converted 6th edition Empire spearmen. I just happen to like the real pikemen better.

wizuriel
29-05-2008, 15:48
got to like how the US and UK sites have removed DOW and CD :wtf:

Braad
29-05-2008, 16:06
I couldn't find if anyone given the final answer to the goblin hewer thing...

But according to my lists here, it cannot be taken by a DOW army, only by Dwarf armies and certain empire lists, and only in the Storm of chaos slayer armies it is a single rare choice, in the others it is a rare and hero choice.

Bloodknight
29-05-2008, 16:12
I wonder. In the version of the list I have, it says that The GH can be taken by Dwarfs, Dogs of War and Empire (in that order), but uses up a rare and hero in DoW and Empire armies. That is in an online version GW provided after they stopped selling the book. The book itself does not allow it, and an earlier version of the online list did not either.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
29-05-2008, 16:26
for cheaper pikemen get the emire units, new or some of the older sets - possibly the original empire plastic set (when it was a £10 note) - and get some 1.5mm thick metal lengths and convert your own, there was an old wd with some that the perrys did, dow should be given a new book imho, they add a lot more to the look of the game

Condottiere
29-05-2008, 16:47
well .. the DOW have tons of hard hitting unit but the biggest weakness of the dogs are lacking of magical weapon ...

Yeah, though they made it up a little by making RoR fighty champions.

jhon
30-05-2008, 01:24
you guys think i could get away with using spearmen models as my pikemen.... cause the only pikemen are the 55 dollar DoW models.... So i was thinking of using empire state troops spearmen as my pikemen..... thoughts?

kain

for the pike i do my with pastic spure is easy and it looks wood like if you cut it even enough . and for the pike men i found men at arm is one of the best choice for now .

pkain762
30-05-2008, 02:06
if you look at the new us and uk GW site.... dow and CD are still on there they're just in the collecters area...... still not the best sign... but they're still on the site....

kain

forthegloryofkazadekrund
30-05-2008, 08:02
if you look at the new us and uk GW site.... dow and CD are still on there they're just in the collecters area...... still not the best sign... but they're still on the site....

kain

just had a look at the collectors section, no chaos dwarfs, there is the dow in the misc section

lachlanwizard
31-05-2008, 00:53
Is there a dedicated dogs of war forum?

Bloodknight
31-05-2008, 00:54
HTTP://razadecon.proboards33.com

The Merchantprince Forum, from the guy, who IIRC wrote the official 6th edition rules for the DoW special characters.

Condottiere
31-05-2008, 05:00
That was nice of him, but it looks like DoW players aren't activists.

Bloodknight
31-05-2008, 09:22
Yeah, well, the army list is almost 7 years old, everything has been done with it and there are not that many DoW players in the first place because of either the cost for the real minis or the conversion work involved, added to the fact that the army belongs to the weaker ones.

There was a minor infusion with the OK book, but it often went the other way round, making DoW armies Ogre armies with DoW :(

pkain762
01-06-2008, 21:34
what is a DoW player to do? if i invest money in these models.... i don't want to see them wasted only to have GW get rid of DoW saying that you can't play them at all in a year or two..... we should almost just get a crap load of people to send emails or sign a petition or something saying that there is still a large demand for dogs of war!!!

kain

is there anyone else with me?

pkain762
01-06-2008, 21:39
any good ideas for converting the cursed company? i was thinking just using VC skeletons then using some kind of converted vampire as reicher krueger.... and thoughts on that one?

kain

Bloodknight
01-06-2008, 21:44
I think that a Wight Lord makes a better Kreugar, because that is practically what he is.

I think I would rather buy the unit, though. It may be expensive, but it is one of the most beautiful WFB regiments, with all those different race skeletons; Dwarves, Lizardmen, HE, Skaven, Orcs. A converted one cannot possibly match that.

pkain762
01-06-2008, 22:04
is there actual models for the cursed company?

kain

Bloodknight
01-06-2008, 22:44
Sure.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/dogsofwar/miniature-gallery/17/

HE standard bearer, Goblin drummer, Dwarfs, Lizardmen and Orks. There should also be a Skaven skeleton, but it is not in the picture.

For some reason they are currently not in the online store, though, so you might want to hunt them down on ebay ;)

jhon
02-06-2008, 01:56
any good ideas for converting the cursed company? i was thinking just using VC skeletons then using some kind of converted vampire as reicher krueger.... and thoughts on that one?

kain

grave guard mix with old skeleton and free company body model part ...

Condottiere
03-06-2008, 20:37
Is there a dedicated dogs of war forum?

http://www.talismancy.com/hammer/index.php

The Hammer and Anvil Forum - They seem to like to develop special characters and RoR.:)

pkain762
04-06-2008, 16:11
well it's official.... i'm an OK/DoW guy....i bought a general and paymaster and now i am going to buy some knights to build up the core..... next after that will be a lot of pikemen

kain

jhon
18-06-2008, 02:17
after a getting own by the vimpire and the chaos deamon and owning a few empire and tomb king army . i learn a few things . 1, voland or aleast one heavy cav are almost a must take chioce for a compatitive dow army . 2. if you want ogre take the men eater or the bull instead , never take the one in the dow army list . 3. always take a few unit of pistol dualist, those skim are life saver . 4, unlike other dragon prince the death fang [ no one plus armour save , no ward save .. etc ] is not that tough so hide him well. if you want to heavy on pikemen unit , remenber to take a few pistol dualist to guard the flank and the rear .

Condottiere
18-06-2008, 03:15
after a getting own by the vimpire and the chaos deamon and owning a few empire and tomb king army . i learn a few things . 1, voland or aleast one heavy cav are almost a must take chioce for a compatitive dow army . 2. if you want ogre take the men eater or the bull instead , never take the one in the dow army list . 3. always take a few unit of pistol dualist, those skim are life saver . 4, unlike other dragon prince the death fang [ no one plus armour save , no ward save .. etc ] is not that tough so hide him well. if you want to heavy on pikemen unit , remenber to take a few pistol dualist to guard the flank and the rear .Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way.;)

1. Volund is a must. Support him with Al Muktar and Oglah Khan.
2. I disagree - Golgfag has served me well; he's also cheap for what he does and takes up only a special slot.
3. True. Vesper has a lot of potential.
4. He's a killing machine, with 4 attacks. He's best used as a flanker.

Proper pike phalanxes are by their nature deep, and therefore vulnerable to flank attacks.

Recommended a unit of Dwarves with crossbow, heavy armour, shield and great weapon.:)

pkain762
18-06-2008, 03:49
Recommended a unit of Dwarves with crossbow, heavy armour, shield and great weapon.:)

that gives me an excuse to go buy me some dwarves with cross bows.... dwarves are a hard unit... even if they are just crossbowmen

kain

quick question.... is DoW army still tourny legal? a lot of people think that it is not.... so i was just wondering if anyone actually knew if they were still good to field tourny wise

Condottiere
18-06-2008, 04:30
that gives me an excuse to go buy me some dwarves with cross bows.... dwarves are a hard unit... even if they are just crossbowmen

kain

quick question.... is DoW army still tourny legal? a lot of people think that it is not.... so i was just wondering if anyone actually knew if they were still good to field tourny wiseDepends. Ask first before signing up. There may also be restrictions on units:)

jhon
18-06-2008, 05:18
@Condottieri @ Golgfag is too exspensive for my taste and 45 pts for a heavy armour ogre is just bit over price i think .
i dont know is just me or happen to every one my death fang always get a bullsight sign on him if he is in open ground but i argee he is a killer if he get close enough.
@pkain762@ give your dwarf cross bow or great weapon and use them as the bodyguard of your paymaster , they sure worth their pts .

PS:
own by the vimp or the deamon is more like getting train hard core them learning,

Condottiere
18-06-2008, 05:56
@Condottieri @ Golgfag is too exspensive for my taste and 45 pts for a heavy armour ogre is just bit over price i think .
i dont know is just me or happen to every one my death fang always get a bullsight sign on him if he is in open ground but i argee he is a killer if he get close enough.
I don't pay more than 285 for the basic four models. Note, don't let him get shot at.

Any dragon is going to be a high priority target. Start placing terrain to create blind spots, so that his artillery can't target you.:)

jhon
18-06-2008, 06:43
i perfer the bear men and his follower instead if i need a hard hitting unit , sure the M6 is good but if i need a fast, hard hitting unit i would go for the meneater or the bull or even the cannon holder .. but every one got his own style , therefore that just me maybe you got some good tactic that make them work . if so , would you mind share will rest of us ? please .!

Condottiere
18-06-2008, 07:45
Some Thoughts to be Bear in Mind when Playing DoW

1. You have to be a masochist, because your loss rate is going o be high.
2. Terrain is your friend. You know what's on your list, and how you're ging to use them; set up the terrain to optimize your strategy. For example with the HE Dragon, put a hill, forest, or some other piece that will cover his approach from the centre, preferably on both sides of the table. While having a hill to set up your cannons is important, it might be more important to create blind spots to get your cavalry safely to the other side.
3. If you are going to attack, support your charges; Volund is hard, but if you don't break your opponent, chances are he will attack your flank; chances are you cannot afford Oglah Khan, Al Muktar or another unit of Heavy Cavalry, you have to settle for one. Al Muktar gives you additional 1-3 on CR and you can form him 3x2; advise putting Al Muktar standard bearer closest to table edge away from combat, let the Venators, the Sheikh and Al Muktar do the fighting.
4. Norsemen are ItP, excellent cannon fodder; cheapest method send them forward with only great weapon and make sure you get the charge; march large block of pikemen with them.
5. You are correct, duelists are to cover the flanks and soak up missile fire; consider Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks, more defensive actually, can be used to screen more important troops from missile fire and shoot back, very effective against Skinks.
6. Cannons are your friend, especially since you don't have any other viable war-machines, target large targets, especially those most dangerous in the next turn. Aim in general direction of enemy characters, especially generals and archmages if you don't have better targets - you might get lucky.
7. Richter Kruger when facing undead or daemons recommended.
8. Don't bother with the bird men, too expensive.
9. However, get Mengil's Manhunters, a wonderful surprise for your opponent.
10. Light cavalry with bow for mage/war-machine hunting, or bait and run.
11. Truthsayer or Dark Emissary, if possible.
12. HA&S, GW, Xbow Dwarves to anchor your line.
13. Slayer pirates, same reason, but screen with skirmishers from ranged weapons.
14. Calculate 3 turns before close combat for your infantry.
15. Magic sucks, however if only one mage, then 2 dispel scrolls, if 2 mages 1dispelscoll/1powerstone each, unless facing opponent with overwhelming magic, take along only dispel scrolls for all your mages.

There are endless tips. Not all work. Go and experiment.:)

jhon
18-06-2008, 08:30
@Condottieri @ HAHAAHA. masochist = a good dog of war player . you have to get train endless times inorder to get good . but after you master dogs their is no other army you could not master !

Admiral Samuel Eden
19-06-2008, 09:49
Convert skellies for cursed company and a Wight Lord for Keugar.

jhon
20-06-2008, 02:00
the main porblem for the curse comoany are they are too damn high pts not only the basic but for the extra crew also . in other word , the charging slot is a special but the charging fee is rare which is not good at all . they cost like a 1 plus armour unit but their armour is 5plus . unlike the vimpire's spell spawn kullaton they need to kill thing inorder to spwan new crew .

Condottiere
20-06-2008, 07:29
the main porblem for the curse comoany are they are too damn high pts not only the basic but for the extra crew also . in other word , the charging slot is a special but the charging fee is rare which is not good at all . they cost like a 1 plus armour unit but their armour is 5plus . unlike the vimpire's spell spawn kullaton they need to kill thing inorder to spwan new crew .
The problem with facing a number of armies is that they cause fear, and DoW have very few units that negate fear, and the ones that do tend to be expensive, except for Norsemen - Ogres, giants, the HE dragon, Kruger, Leopard company, etc.

jhon
21-06-2008, 03:39
well ... richter and 9 bones cost as much as 5 orge with a full command and belly plate upgrade . and the orge got 15 wound in total and M6 ..

Condottiere
21-06-2008, 11:13
well ... richter and 9 bones cost as much as 5 orge with a full command and belly plate upgrade . and the orge got 15 wound in total and M6 ..I can't comment since I haven't seen your complete list (please don't post it).

Kruger has certain advantages in specific conditions, whereas ogres are just killing machines. I'd still say when facing undead, using Kruger will be advantageous, depending on deployment. If you screw-up your dice roll against terror causing units, ogres hit on a 6.

On the whole, it's just a suggestion, and you can take it or leave it without consequence.:)

jhon
23-06-2008, 05:31
@CONDOTTIERI@ i agree the join to the damn and the hate vimp rule are a great advantage over the ogre but 10 pts per bones that is too high pts .