Warhounds of Chaos
Unit Size: 8

Warhounds of Chaos
Unit Size: 8

SPECIAL
Chaos Furies
Unit Size: 5

----------
The Warriors will form the center, the Chosen Knights of Slaanesh and Chosen of Khorne will serve as flank/support units. The Lord will be joining the Knights.

I am open to any suggestions to improve this list for a local tournament. Thanks.

popisdead
13-05-2008, 20:17
Slaanesh is best when taking a lvl 4 w/ the daemon sword.

Chosen Warriors of Khorne work best w/ Halberds.

Taking 20 warriors for 338 pts isn't a good value. You could take two fully kitted Marauder units which when played correctly can tactically do similarly as well.

The marauder horsemen are good.

I recommend building your army around a couple units of Marauders with at most 1-2 units of warrriors/knights for punch.

Chariots are good.

Never underestimate the value of spawn protecting your flanks.

sipron
15-05-2008, 18:20
When you use a Lord of Slaanesh you cannot mix marks (khorne). I would take 6 or 7 chosen knights and put the lord with warriors/marauders, the chosen knights will do fine by themselves. I would also give the mark of slaanesh to the sorcerers to get the slaanesh magic wich in my opinion is one of the best in the game. Also if you don't have the same mark on the characters as you have on the units you cannot join them (exept marauders).

Eigilb
15-05-2008, 19:01
Well... HOC is not legal anymore, as far as i recall.

the_night_reaper
15-05-2008, 20:48
Yea you can't mix marks like that. If you took the mos off your lord then you should be fine though.

Oh I've been away from warhammer for a long time, how is HoC not legal anymore?

Nightsword
15-05-2008, 21:28
Its not legal because of the daemon armybook. Theres a list in the next white dwarf with a revised list fro hordes players, including knights and chariots to special, and no daemons, so you cant take any furies. Aside from that, i agree with everyones comments so far, but expect a serious drop in the number of magic items you can take, so you may want to rethink that when the official replacement list comeout end of may/june.

the_night_reaper
16-05-2008, 01:10
wow that's crazy why did they do that? The ability to mix army books was so cool.

BattleofLund
16-05-2008, 06:38
Well... HOC is not legal anymore, as far as i recall.

Still legal, just not for very long.

One: too much armour on your Lord (2x Magic Armour). You have 2x 8 Warhounds; suggest changing that to 3x 5 or 10+5 (one unit with +1 rank bonus, one unit of minimum size).

Two: mixing Marks. Without MoS on your Lord, he only has the option of joining your Horsemen or Warhounds. Still, removing Mos is a good thing, since it makes your list legal (with mixed Marks).

Regarding giving Sorcerers MoS: there are benefits to keeping them Undivided though. The ability to choose Lore of Fire against Regeneration-heavy Vampire armies, for example.

If the MoS were to be removed from the Warriors, all the characters could then join them. A monster of a unit, not easily panicked or beaten in close combat. The points saved from the Lord's MoS could buy a War Banner for them.