PDA

View Full Version : new to WHFB, 15k empire need help

blue midgets of doom
18-10-2005, 00:33
Warrior Preist............................................ .............................=119
2handed warhammer, heavy armour w/ shield, barded warhorse
Master Engineer.......................................... ............................=75
Hochland Long rifle
10xhandgunners.................................... ..................................=100
full command
8x knights........................................... ...................................=208
full command
8x knights........................................... ...................................=208
full command
full command
7x Inner circle knights(joined by warrior priest)..............................=246
full command, standerd of Arcane Warding
5x PIstolers......................................... ...................................=117
marksmen, reapeter handgun
5x PIstolers......................................... ...................................=117
marksmen, reapeter handgun
cannon............................................ ......................................=100

Trunks
18-10-2005, 01:02
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Empire, but if this is a 1.5k list I believe it is illegal. I believe Pistoliers are special and Cannons are as well. That would mean you have four special choices, which you can't have until you are playing 2000 points.

blue midgets of doom
18-10-2005, 01:52
oop's my bad nice catch, ill fix this right away

Kahadras
18-10-2005, 02:23
Hmm looks interesting but if you wanted an all mounted knight force why not go for Bretonni? Their knights are, IMO, superior to those of the Empire especialy Grail knights................mmmmmm Grail knights.

Kahadras

Trunks
18-10-2005, 03:14
Bretonnians can't have the awesomeness of Pistoliers in their army.

blue midgets of doom
19-10-2005, 00:20
i have heard that pistoliers sre very good, but what makes them so good.

Hywel
19-10-2005, 00:29
Fast cavalry of all sorts are fantastic for many reasons: I'm sure there are threads elsewhere on this forum about their uses.

Pistoliers are a very good type of fast cavalry as they have 2 S4 armour piercing attacks on the first turn, also a devastating (if short ranged) missile attack and therefore a very effective stand and shoot reaction. Furthermore, their champions can carry repeating pistols for ludicrous numbers of attacks...

and all of this for a very respectable price... if they could take musicians they'd be undisputedly the best fast cavalry in the game (for me at least ;))

As for your army list... the cannon and handgunners annoy me as they clash thematically with the rest of the army, but thats not a concern for everyone.

blue midgets of doom
19-10-2005, 01:09
i would mount the hand gunners on horses just to keep the theme and the cannon would have horses near it w/ sadle bags full of powder and xtra cannon balls.

Trunks
19-10-2005, 01:21
Instead of taking a normal cannon, you could take the Dogs of War Cannon Regiment of Reknown known as the Galloper Gun. That would fit completely in your theme.

blue midgets of doom
19-10-2005, 01:36
i dont like the way that cannon looks it seems very wimpy compared to the great cannon. but beside the theme the list is not terrible right?

branchwrath
20-10-2005, 15:03
I think it's a pretty decent list for someone who's new to Warhammer Fantasy. Congrats! My first Orcs list was terribly illegal...:(

Hywel
21-10-2005, 00:09
but beside the theme the list is not terrible right?

Oh the list is fine. You'll be learning completely lopsided empire tactics as you play it and will find a 'standard' army a different challenge so thats a nice way to expand if you get into things. Thats not meant to sound like a criticism of the list...

Its just imperial veterans like me get a bit grumbly at all those shiny knights toting cannons. :p

FLUEVOG
21-10-2005, 16:07
I would drop the engineer and get a Grand Master or Elector Count - you need a character with more oomph to lead all those knights. Their higher leadership will serve you better as well.

Empire characters are rather cheap in comparison to other armies - add another mounted Warrior Priest to the Pistoliers. His Hatred will help make their fusilade shots devastating.

Lord Anathir
21-10-2005, 19:44
lmao...its 1.5K.....i thought it was 15k

blue midgets of doom
24-10-2005, 00:18
oops, i forgot the decimal piont, i guess it make a difference.

ph34r
26-10-2005, 07:48
I was wondering how a new player could have amassed 15000 points ;)
But I'd consider at least trying out how infantry blocks work; they are what most armies are based around. I can say from experiance that it nice to start an army that is not radically dependant on cavalry, shooting, magic, etc. Switching from my first list (cavalry high elves) to massively infantry vampire counts was kinda rough.