PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Mage 1000 Points

Marwynn
08-05-2008, 20:59
It'll be in friendly games, as in with friends, using over-the-top-units like the Stank and such or use Hordes.

It's pretty bare...

Hero
Dragon Mage
- Level 2
- Silver Wand

Core
10 Lothern Sea Guard
- Shields, Musician

Special

5 Dragon Princes
5 Dragon Princes
2 Tiranoc Chariots

Total: 1000 Points exactly

Alternatively, I can use two units of 5 Ellyrian Reavers instead of the Chariots, but I like the Chariots. Or replace one with a 5-elf Shadow Warrior unit, just to delay the enemy and potentially ruin a warmachine's crew's day...

It's incredibly gimmicky, and I'm sure most shooty lists would cream the Dragon Mage a new one. But hey, it's not a serious list.

Gabacho Mk.II
09-05-2008, 04:21
For games of 1,000pts and the sort, and the types of games that you are describing, yes - this list is overly competitive and workable.

For HE's though, a dragon mage is the only 'power' unit that can take on (with a high degree of certainty) and destroy a Stank. I mean why pin your hopes on barreling a unit of SMaster or WLions toward the Stank and pray that they make contact and manage to do some wounds, when all you have to do is get within 20" and be assured that you will do 2-5 wounds off of Stanks and equivalent.

Marwynn
09-05-2008, 06:01
That's true. However, we also have a lot of Mages and RBTs. Rule of Burning Iron can ruin a Stank's day, and those single shots can deal enough wounds to make Stanks worthless.

Really, I just wanted to use a Dragon Mage. Hehehehe... Oddly enough he's survived, the Mage himself, and has been able to cast the full 6 turns.

It's quite unfair though and I won't use it on anyone not expecting to face a Dragon Mage specifically at this level.

That said, I face the Skaven soon. He'll probably get a face full of jezzail rounds...