PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Mixed Daemonic Horde

Stouty
08-05-2008, 22:53
Herald of Nurgle, BSB, Icon of Unholy Victory (+D3 CR), Slime Trail, Lvl 1 Wizard- 250pts
29 Plaguebearers with FC- 378 *Herald of Nurgle goes here*

Herald of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker, Wings- 160pts
20 Blue Horrors (DoW Duellists)- 100pts

Herald of Khorne, Jugger, Armour of Khorne, Fireblade- 190pts
20 Bloodletters with FC and Totem of Skulls (march within 8")- 295pts *Herald of Khorne goes here*

5 Flesh Hounds- 175pts
5 Flesh Hounds- 175pts

10 Daemonettes- 120pts

5 Furies- 60pts
5 Furies- 60pts

Total: 1963pts

Power Dice: 5
Dispell Dice: 4 + 1 Scroll
Head Count: 92
3 Heroes, 5 core, 2 Specials, 1 rare

Plaguebearers to be deployed 5 wide and 6 deep
Bloodletters to be deployed 6 wide (Jugger takes 4 spaces) and 4 deep
Daemonettes to be deployed 6 wide

With 37pts left over I have some small options left
1. 3 More Daemonettes
2. 3 More Furies (2 in one unit, 1 in the other)
3. Another Lesser daemon + Soul hunger for my Herald of Nurgle
4. 1 More Hound
5. ????

If you're interested I plan to do a lot of conversion work. I'll be using ogre sized models as 4 man unit fillers to make the units look big and scary wherever possible, but I want to contrast this with how human looking my heralds are going to look. For example my Nurgle herald is going to be one of the old brettonian damsels but I'll be using heavily converted iron guts to bulk out the unit alongside some chaos spawn. The duelists are either going to be a bunch of old horror models I have fell in with or the current ones (maybe plastics if they're on the horizon) or alternatively human models undergoing the change into plaguebearers. Only thing I'm stuck on is how to make bigger models to go with the daemonettes, it's going to be a lot harder than for Khorne or nurgle.

Comments, criticisms, "j00 will g3t pwnt", "H4X!" (or whatever you kids say these days) are all very much appreciated. I have a few concerns with this list but I won't say right now, I'd like to say if we think the same things.

EDIT: Just found out from the US website that DoW are illegal in a daemons list. Shame, but it means I have another 100pts to play around with, a total of 137pts.

Any suggestions? Any at all? (it's been a while since I've played so I'm wondering how it will survive in the current environment)