PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts Daemons of Chaos (lightly mixed)

StefDa
09-05-2008, 07:52
Lords:
Great Unclean One
Lvl 4 Wizard, Slime Trail, Trappings of Nurgle

Heroes:
Epidemius, Tallyman of Nurgle

Herald of Nurgle
Slime Trail

Core:
21 Plaguebearers
Full command group

20 Bloodletters
Full command group

10 Daemonettes
Full command group, Siren Standard

Rare:
2 Bloodcrushers
Standard bearer, Champion

2 Beasts of Nurgle

Total: 1997

GuO because it is cool, and for the magic it offers. Herald to assist Plaguebearers. Together they will form a resilient and reliable unit to hold the enemy, while the Daemonettes, Bloodcrushers and Beasts of Nurgle flanks and intercepts anything getting too close to the flanks of the 'Bearers+Herald. The GuO will be where the Terror is most needed. Bloodletters because they are cool and good at fighting, so I will probably pit them against my opponnent's elite.
I bought Slime Trail for the GuO and the Herald just in case.

What do you think?

Aflo
11-05-2008, 13:10
Lords:
Great Unclean One
Lvl 4 Wizard, Slime Trail, Trappings of Nurgle

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the GUO - much prefer a Lord of Change mostly for the mauverability and easier placement of terror. Due to lack of attacks, this guy really isn't capable of taking on a fully ranked unit from the front, so support for him is pretty compulsory. Really I would take a Lord of Change instead, but if your set on this feller (which it sounds like you are) then by all means keep him in. Just watch out for protracted combats - this guy is expensive - you want him casting/fighting for as much of the game as possible.

Heroes:
Epidemius, Tallyman of Nurgle

Where does this guy go? Due to slowness being on his lonesome might not be the best idea. I would rop the other herald, drop the plaguebearers to 16 and put him in there (still getting 3 ranks on the plaguebearers due to large base size). OR, do the above but use a normal herald on palaquin for the regen.

Herald of Nurgle
Slime Trail

See above. Consider level 1 mage upgrade as I'm not convinced 4 levels of magic on one mini will do a whole lot against all but the most magically stunted of armies. Great support for your plaguebearers too, springing that firts spell of Nurgle on the engaged enemy unit...

Slime Trail seems sensible as it's only cheap.

Core:
21 Plaguebearers
Full command group

Solid anvil, although consider dropping to 16 and adding in a palaquin. Maybe look into one of the banners availabe to them for the extra combat res they'll bring in? For 25 points you'll make them something that has more killing power rather than just them being a static block.

20 Bloodletters
Full command group

Really too big in my opinion - alot of points wasted in the back ranks. Consider dropping down to 2 units of 10 with standard bearers and maybe champions, 12 is even better. Use these as flankers used in conjunction with your rares and your plaguebearers, targetting knights specifically.

10 Daemonettes
Full command group, Siren Standard

If using 2 units of 10/12 bloodletters, as mentioned above, I'd drop these gals altogether and get a unit of seekers instead as they essentially do the same role, but one has M10 - crucial for the countercharging, which is what these ladies should be doing. Alternatively, use these and a unit of 10 'letters, instead of 2 units of the latter.

Rare:
2 Bloodcrushers
Standard bearer, Champion

A slightly risky unit - not really powerful enough to take on a unit on thier own and pretty vulnerable to shooting. I'd either add another, swap them out for fiends/flesh hounds/seekers or find the points to add the herald of Khorne with Firestorm Blade and Armour of Khorne to make a really killy unit (by dropping the GUO maybe?). As they are, they are a quite a frail flanker unit.

2 Beasts of Nurgle

These guys will be very helpful to you, as charge absorbers primarily. Solid unit, if quite expensive.

Overall, a pretty solid list by the looks of things. Other things to mention are the bluescribes, which in my opinion are viable in all demon armies - really worth thier meagre 81 point price tag. If you've got 60 points kicking around, consider a small unit of furies: a really great way to take out cannons and the like although seekers and a LOC can fulfill this role aswell. It seems you don't have much anti ranged attack, so keep these units in mind.

Cheers
Adam