PDA

View Full Version : 2150 VC Tourny list

Ettercap_DMW
09-05-2008, 23:22
Here is a look at my 2150 tourny list. I have played this army alot over the past years so I am familar with the playability of the army. Any new ideas will be helpful.

Lord 205
Summon Ghouls 15, Dark Acolyte 30, Bloody Hauberk 45, Sword of Might 15, DispelScroll 25

Lord will accompany skeletons

Vampire 100
Sword of Battle 15, Avatar of Death (2HW) 20, Flayed Hauberk 25

Vampire will accompany Grave Guard

Wight King 75
BSB 25, Barded Steed 20, Lance 12

WK will accompany BK

29 Skeletons, FC, Banner Endless Nightmare 282

10 Ghouls, Ghast 88

10 Ghouls, Ghast 88

Corpse Cart, Lodeston 100

5 Wolves, Doom 50

5 Wolves, Doom 50

23 Grave Guard, FC, Banner of Strigos 341

9 Black Knights, Barding, FC, Banner of the Barrows 337

3 Spirit Hosts 195

Again, any suggestions are helpful.

minionboy
09-05-2008, 23:32
Well, I think your Lord needs some help. You make him a level 4, but with no further support from blood line abilities or Arcane items. Also, your first Vampire has a magic weapon as well as a 2h weapon (or even 2 Hand Weapons), but page 121 of the rulebook says that "A character that has a magic close combat weapon cannot use any other close combat weapons..." so you may want to reconsider that idea.

As far as your infantry, it appears that you have plenty of Anvil units, but not many Hammers. One unit of Black Knights is a good start but they don't need to be that large if you're supporting them. You can get away with a couple units of 5, or one unit of 5 and a varghulf and be in much better shape.

Good Luck!

Demon-Face
09-05-2008, 23:34
I don't think you can have two hand weapons and a magic weapon. there is no need for the AoD. use Acolyte instead.

Ettercap_DMW
10-05-2008, 00:37
New Changes

Lord 205
Summon Ghouls 15, Dark Acolyte 30, Bloody Hauberk 45, Sword of Might 15, DispelScroll 25

Lord will accompany skeletons

Vampire 100
Sword of Battle 15, Flayed Hauberk 25

Vampire will accompany Grave Guard

Wight King 75
BSB 25, Barded Steed 20, Lance 12

WK will accompany BK

30 Skeletons, FC, Banner Endless Nightmare 290

10 Ghouls, Ghast 88

10 Ghouls, Ghast 88

Corpse Cart, Lodeston 100

5 Wolves, Doom 50

5 Wolves, Doom 50

23 Grave Guard, FC, Banner of Strigos 341

9 Black Knights, Barding, FC, Banner of the Barrows 337

3 Spirit Hosts 195

Dropped the Avatar of Death and added a Skeleton. May have been off on the original points.

As for the Lord, I am not sure what else to add. He is pretty stout as is.
I also considered dropping the spirit hosts to add another vampire. I keep the knight unit usually on its own to draw attention away from the main force. As for the hammer part, I try to use the Grave Guard as the second hammer in my army. The Varghulf is a nice idea, I will play test one in a future army.

minionboy
10-05-2008, 01:20
I think you either need to dedicate your lord to magic or combat, if you try to go somewhere in-between you get a mediocre level 4, or a not-so-good-at-combat vampire. Since magic is fairly weak in your army, I'd say drop the Dispel Scroll and Sword of Might, and add in the Helm of Commandment, Staff of Damnation, etc. Also, you've got enough points left over in Vampiric Powers to give him Master of the Black Arts! Who doesn't want 2 more power dice?

I prefer Skeletons to Ghouls, if you're going to play a more magic based army (which it appears you are) take Lord of the Dead instead of Summon Ghouls and split your skeletons into 2 or 3 units, then just summon them bigger.

I still say split up those knights and graveguard, 10 wont do any more than 5 will in many situations.

Spirit
10-05-2008, 03:02
A curious question.

Your wight lord has no equipment, so why not give him the banner of the dead legion?

Means your black knights now have a unit strength of 40, anything you charge will be insta breaking from combat.

Edit, and i agree with splitting up the knight, run one knight unit with the lord and barrows, the other with the undead legion.

Or simply drop the knights to 6-7 strong (inc the wight), invocation really cancels out the need to use large units of black knights, i always use 6 with no character and they have won me countless games, especially for their points! This would mean you have enough points to put the ghouls up to 15 each, which mens a much smaller chance of them getting wiped out, because to be honest, 10 ghouls will get wiped off the table in turn 1 if he just stops your invocations.

Personally, i would drop the spirit hosts for a varghulf, if you march it with the black knights, they can always march, as it is a vampire, and lets be honest, they tear ranked up units to bits, even if they cant win combat, hatred and regenerating (with the bsb nearby) makes them un-killable, and they are a damn sight easier to raise to full wounds over spirit hosts, because they wont take as many!!)

Oh, most important change, give your lord a nightmare, for 8 (?) points, you get a 3+ save and a S4 ws3 attack, remember you can no longer be picked out on a mount while in a unit (of skeletons, for example) unless you are US5. Just drop a skeleton for the mount. He takes up 2 spaces in the unit anyway, and it makes him that much more survivable.

Lastly, if you drop the dispell scroll and the sword of might, you can get the blood drinker, that sword has saved my vamps life SOOOO many times, i assure you, it is worth it.

Another sneaky plan (but you cant do it with the hauberk) is blood drinker and the crimson gem of lahmia. When you hit combat with a unit you know you can kill, and wont wound you back, sacrifice 2 wounds in the magic phase, after you use all your spells and bound (then they wont have any dice hopefully), and you can get that all important spell off, great for the really important zombie block. But i suppose your army is a bit too magic light for this trick.