PDA

View Full Version : Even more questions

Jagosaja
09-05-2008, 22:29
I keep coming into awkward situations all the time, and the questions just keep popping up. So, here goes:

1) Can Vanhel's Danse Macabre be march blocked?

2) If my character gets charged by another character and an "independant" chariot and if I challenge that character, will I be taking any impact hits?

Thanks a plenty warseer buddies!

ehlijen
09-05-2008, 22:51
1) Unless the spell has its own movement rules or distances (as I believe but am not sure about, the dance does), all normal movement rules apply, including march blocking. But as I said, I think the dance has it's own rules entirely.

2) Impact hits happen before anything else, including the issuing of challenges.

Reinnon
09-05-2008, 23:31
VDM can not be march blocked as it isn't a march move.

Arnizipal
10-05-2008, 01:01
2) Yes. Impact hits happen before anything else happens in the close combat phase (even before ASF). So the character gets run over by the chariot and if he's still standing after that he can challenge, keeping him safe from charioteer and chariot-steed attacks.

Khorneflakes
10-05-2008, 02:03
i know which ones id rather be hit by:D

Gorbad Ironclaw
10-05-2008, 03:57
VDM can not be march blocked as it isn't a march move.

Persactly. There is no marching involved in VDM, you simply get an 8" move.

Jagosaja
10-05-2008, 08:49
The thing is that in this edition VDM is slightly different than before. It says that the target of the spell can make a move UP TO 8" IN THE SAME WAY AS A NORMAL MOVE IN THE MOVEMENT PHASE. So, it is not a 8" move, but "up to" move, meaning it can be less, and the second part says that, as it is the same as in the movement phase, it can march, but only up to 8". How else would those M4 units move 8" if not by marching? I hope I am wrong, but I see no reason why it cannot be march blocked - everything is the same as in movement phase and the movement will be equal or less to 8".

Gorbad Ironclaw
10-05-2008, 09:15
You can't be marched blocked again because you are not marching. You are making a move up to 8", simple as that. What it means is that you would suffer the normal reductions in movement for moving through difficult terrain, but your movement value for the spell is 8"

Reinnon
10-05-2008, 19:02
it is not a march move because it is a set value, completely seperate to the models move value - a bloodknight will move at the same rate as a ghoul. While marching is described as move double your movement value, VDM doesn't rely upon this factor.

Lordmonkey
11-05-2008, 00:52
How else would those M4 units move 8" if not by marching?

By having a magic spell cast on them :rolleyes:

It isn't a march move, it's an ordinary move of up to 8" irrespective of the base movement rate of the target unit. Since maximum march distances are calculated using the base movement rate of a given unit, this move cannot be a march, because the base movement value has not been taken into consideration...

Makes sense to me anyway. A niche argument like this isn't even necessary - Van Hel's Danse Macabre simply isn't a march spell. :p