PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts Tzeentch Daemon Army

Dinadan
10-05-2008, 11:14
Here's an idea I've had for a Tzeentch army using the new Daemon book.

Characters
Lord of Change - Level 4 Wizard, Flames of Tzeentch, Twin Heads - 635pts
Herald of Tzeentch - Flames of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker - 165pts
Herald of Tzeentch - Flames of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker - 165pts

Core
Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - 20 Horrors, Changeling, Standard Bearer with Icon of Sorcery, Musician[i] - 333pts
Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - [i]20 Horrors, Iridescent Horror, Standard Bearer with Icon of Sorcery, Musician - 285pts
Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - 20 Horrors, Iridescent Horror, Standard Bearer with Icon of Sorcery, Musician - 285pts

Special
Screamers of Tzeentch - 6 Screamers - 180pts

Rare
Flamers of Tzeentch - 6 Flamers, Pyrocaster - 225
Flamers of Tzeentch - 6 Flamers, Pyrocaster - 225

Total - 2498pts

This army can potentially kill 144 enemies a turn with magic and shooting alone. Although, that said the number of shots by these spells/ranged attacks is variable, so assuming that I am able to cast the spells without them being dispelled, I'd actually have between 29 and 144 shots a turn (still good though. At worst (i.e. all spells failed to cast/dispelled) I can do 15 shots minimum (unless things have been killed of course). Going by this, I guess that my main tactic will be bludgeoning my oponant to death with spells and fire before they can get close enough to engage me in combat.

Comments and criticsm welcome.

craskie666
10-05-2008, 12:53
that is a realy scary army better than a gunline army but single god armies arent very good in deamons as there arent any hammer uints, it was designed so all gods were used

i would add some plessure seekers or blood crushers so add some punch as a heavey cav army would tear it apart

Dinadan
10-05-2008, 13:13
While it's true that mono-god armies have weaknesses, the point in playing them is to have fun and for theme. Yes there is always 'counts as', but to me it still seems a bit unfluffy.

The thing is, I see the strength lying in magic and shooting. Too include non-Tzeentch elements I would need to cut back on those areas, and without going to higher point levels I'd have an army that can do a bit of this and a bit of that, but without bein that strong in either area. The only thing that I can think of cutting out for something like what you've suggested is the LoC, as it's removal shouldn't impact magic or shooting that much (I'd still have up to 84 shots a turn from the flamers and the heralds).

vinny t
10-05-2008, 14:54
I like using the LoC, and 3 Chariot Hearlds. Then use 30 horrors, 8 Screamers, and 8 Flamers. EVERYTHING BUT FLAMERS AND HORRORS FLY!!!

Your Mum Rang
10-05-2008, 15:28
I'd go for points denial with Tzeentch. Max chars, min Horrors, Max Screamers and Flamers. Screamers set to fly over anyone approaching the Horrors, whilt Flamers jump in a house and pound the enemy support units.

Dinadan
10-05-2008, 17:26
The problem with min horrors is servivability. A minimum unit of 10 probably wont last long, and it would require my oponant to inflict less casualties before I lose their magical ability.

Looking over the list, is Spell Braker really needed on the Heralds? I already have 9 DP (2 basic + 7 from Horrors/characters.), so anti-magic isn't really a problem. Would the extra 50pts be better spent elsewhere?

riven5
10-05-2008, 19:08
If your enemy has fast cavalry and/or heavy cav you'll be in a pickle, but I gotta tell ya, this is pure ferocity.

A lot of people seem to forget that Gift of Chaos can hit guys in combat, so if you're cautious you could unleash a couple of those even after your opponent starts hitting your fronts and flanks. You'll lose combats, but their losses will be staggering.

Good luck with it, let us know how it works out. If I were a betting man I'd say that mono-Tzeentch lists will rapidly become branded the newest SAD on the block :)

Dinadan
10-05-2008, 20:40
It'll probably be awhile before I can report on the success of this army as I need to get most of it first.:rolleyes: I already have the flamers (well, nearly - they're half converted so far) and the heralds. That leaves the LoC (which I could use the LoC I converted for my HoC army awhile back untill I can get around to doing the conversion I have in mind for this one), the screamers and the Horrors (why couldn't they have had plastics and made it affordable? :( )

Although this has the potential to dish out loads of damage, knowing my luck, hardly anything will go off, and the only sixes I roll will be for Instability tests :p

At any rate, I'll probably use this list a few times to try it out, and then modify it to a more subdued list so that I don't unreasonably overrun my opponants when I get lucky (I've been on the recieving end of an Empire gunline, and I don't think that it's fair to butcher my opponants in a similar manner - a close fought game with the scales tipping in the last turn or two is far more enjoyable if you ask me).