PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 1000 & 2100pts vs. Skaven and VC

Kai Itzah
10-05-2008, 12:00
Haven't actually played a game with Lizardmen yet, though I think I've tactic down well - except for the fact that I will make choices that go better with the theme of my army over choices that are just better :P

1000pts

Kai Garus (Saurus Scar Veteran) - Blessed Spawning of Itzl, Blessed Spawning of the Old Ones, Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Venom of the Firefly Frog. 171pts. Goes in the Cold One Cavalry unit obviously to create a sweeping flank charger which I believe will not necessarily be targeted because of the Saurus blocks.

Kai Zlatet (Skink Priest) - Second Level Upgrade, Dispel Scroll, Scouts. 135pts. Scouts with one of the Skirmish units to get close for some hard (hopefully) lightning strikes before the Saurus Warriors arrive to sweep up.

11 Saurus Warriors with Spawning Champion - Standard Bearer, Blessed Spawning of Tiazcotl. 188pts. Tiazcotl being the obvious choice against Vampire Counts.

9 Saurus Warriors with Spawning Champion - Standard Bearer, Blessed Spawning of Tiazcotl. 164pts.

10 Skink Skirmishers - Scouts. 70pts. I originally went with the Saurus screen Skink choice, but opted for the Scouts when thinking about their use against the mind-blowing annoyance of Ratling Guns.

9 Skink Skirmishers with Skink Brave - Scouts. 75pts.

5 Saurus Cavalry - Standard Bearer. 195pts.

2100pts

Kai Garus (Saurus Oldblood) - Blessed Spawning of Itzl, Blessed Spawning of the Old Ones, Light Armour, The Blade of Realities, Maiming Shield. 290pts. Before you ask, I'm not getting rid of the Blade of Realities, not because I think it's particularly good, but because I'm a lore kind of guy, and it goes with the theme of my army. Other than that, I chose Oldblood over Slann at this point cost, because I'd be forced to run Second Gen if I picked a Slann :P and that doesn't leave me with much choice if I choose Temple Guard aswell, which I probably will.

Kai Zlatet (Skink Priest) - Second Level Upgrade, Dagger of Sotek, Scouts. 135pts.

Priest of Tlax (Skink Priest) - Second Level Upgrade. 100pts. I originally went with the Cloak of Feathers, but I soon realised that it's really only effective with the Slann.

Kai Boqor (Saurus Scar Veteran) - Light Armour, Battle Standard Bearer, Totem of Prophecy. 187pts. I personally think that the Lizardmen Battle Standards are all, really, bad. But Totem of Prophecy, while being expensive is the most useful one when facing off against VC

14 Saurus Warriors with Spawning Champion - Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl, Musician, Standard Bearer. 230pts. In terms of spawnings, there's no better when facing the incredible annoying power of fear against VC

14 Saurus Warriors with Spawning Champion - Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl, Musician, Standard Bearer. 230pts.

14 Saurus Warriors - Musician, Standard Bearer. 230pts. Boqor's unit, Tlazcotl isn't really worth it in this situation if you're already Immune to Fear, which is basically the only reason I've got it on the other units.

9 Skink Skirmishers with Skink Brave - Javelin & Shield. 65pts. Kroxigor skirmish screen.

11 Skink Skirmishers with Skink Brave - Scouts. It never hurts to have 24 poisoned darts to make the first strike.

8 Saurus Cavalry with Spawning Champion - Musician, Standard Bearer, War Banner. 390pts This is probably the only unit I'm not confident about. I only merged an original 2 units of 5 so I could get more Saurus Warriors with Tlazcotl, plus I'm not confident about the practical use of the War Banner.

2 Kroxigors with Kroxigor Ancient. 194pts.

I'd appreciate any advice on anything, except getting rid of the Blade of Realities. :D

Conotor
10-05-2008, 12:16
U can't take units of 9 sarri or skink

Getting close in with the priest doesn't help anything.

The firefly frog sux. You already have 5 strenth.

Sarrus cav need huanchi's totem.

Units of 10 sarri will die to magic instantly.

Kai Itzah
10-05-2008, 13:00
On the 9 Skinks and Saurus, they are 10, just one of them is a Brave or a Spawning Champion. Firefly Frog is extremely useful because it allows you to have Great Weapon Magical Attacks that are Poisoned. Why do you need Huanchi's Totem for Cavalry? It allows them to move an extra D6 inches once per game. In my opinion that's ridiculous, that could potentially be 1 inch for 40 points! Also, I understand that the small Saurus units might fall quickly, but I don't really have an option - unless you can reccomend one. Getting in close with the priest allows him to actually be in a unit seeing as they're both scouting, and lets him hit his attacking spells faster.

Krusty
12-05-2008, 22:01
i dont think you understand...
the cost of having a SB or champion is in addition to the models base cost...
like 10 saurus is 120 points
10 saurus with full command is 130...