PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Slaanesh/Tzeentch army

EndlessBug
10-05-2008, 18:32
Hey guys, so i picked up the army book today (it is so so nice) and have been uhming and ahhing over a daemon list for a while, Slaanesh was staple in the list and after much deliberation I decided to add a hint of Tzeentch in as well.

3 Special characters I know, CHEESE, but hey I'm allowed one cheesey army aren't I?

Obviously the horrors are the anvil unit with the rest supporting them. The unit of fiends will probably hang with the KoS and Masque or chase after war machine crews with the seekers, who could alternatively act as the flanking force along side the nettes.

Lords

Keeper of Secrets (615)
- level 3, Torment Blade, Siren song, Alure of slaanesh, Enrapturing gaze

Heroes

Blue scribes of Tzeentch (81)

Masque of slaanesh (90)

Herald of Tzeentch (240)
- Spell breaker, BSB, Great Icon of despair

Core

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh (120)

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh (120)

20 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (343)
- Chaneling, Std, Mus, Banner of change

Special

5 Seekers of Slaanesh (157)
-Std, Siren Standard

5 Seekers of Slaanesh (120)

Rare

2 Fiends of Slaanesh (110)

TOTAL : 1996

so anyway, what do you think?

riven5
10-05-2008, 19:02
Personally I don't really find many of the Daemon special characters to be terribly cheesy. Kairos Fateweaver seems it, but he isn't in this list.

The Masque, the Blue Scribes and a Changeling don't feel terribly cheesy to me, and if anything they provide tactical flexibility that the lists otherwise lack. Hopefully tournament organizers will realize this and will permit some, but perhaps not all, special characters.

I generally like this list, although I am a bit prejudiced against daemonettes. I feel they are crappy statistically, but I bet once a group of them annihilates me I'll reconsider my point of view! For now I'm saying you've got a good thing going in terms of their use- running them in small groups seems to be the sweet spot.

With this much Slaanesh (including the Masque) in a list like this you can be certain you'll be pulling off some pretty potent flanks. Just make sure you support your Daemonettes; even flanking these guys die off in a hurry. A great use for them is to hold an enemies flank for a turn while your Fiends or your KoS (and the seekers) move on their rear.

One problem I'm seeing though, and it's the same I'm running into, is that you've got your Horrors with their Herald and their Changeling and their BSB...but no one in their right mind will charge that unit. It just screams "Go ahead, attack me!", and most opponents will be canny enough to realize that they are a major trap that has to be avoided. This isn't a bad thing by itself, it just means that your Horrors get to continue blasting enemy units as they try to evade them :D

However...that means that smart foes will likely do their best to engage the Daemonettes on their terms ASAP. Essentially the problem is that you can't fire Tzeentch magic into combat (except for Gift of Chaos, which is delicious but short ranged), and the rest of your army is all about getting stuck in quick.

One suggestion: The Blue Scribes might not really be necessary. A Herald of Tzeentch on a disc might better serve your purposes, and will give you even better magical goodness. I'd definitely use the Blue Scribes against certain foes though, such as the magic spamming VC or perhaps OK. I know why you're using the Blue Scribes, they will gather extra PD for you since you don't have that many Dispel dice. Still, I prefer to not rely on my enemies successfully casting spells :)

Minor concerns, however. I think this force is fast, deadly in melee so long as it's fought on their terms, and decent at range. I wouldn't want to fight it.

EndlessBug
11-05-2008, 17:17
Thanks for the reply riven5, the advantages of nettes over bloodletters as a support unit is their speed! 12" is no mean feat and should get them where I want them fairly easily.

One problem I'm seeing though, and it's the same I'm running into, is that you've got your Horrors with their Herald and their Changeling and their BSB...but no one in their right mind will charge that unit. It just screams "Go ahead, attack me!", and most opponents will be canny enough to realize that they are a major trap that has to be avoided. This isn't a bad thing by itself, it just means that your Horrors get to continue blasting enemy units as they try to evade them

yes that is one issue, though you've pointed out one of the problems with avoiding them yourself, also the rest of my army is at least 6" normal movment and as such is practically impossible to catch if I don't want them to be, as such I can run rings around the enemy blasting them with magic and forcing them into combat with the only unit within range.... the horrors. :)

blue scribes are just so tasty for 81 points I couldn't say no :) their ability to really boost my magic phase in two ways was so nice :D

thank you for your comments though I will try to avoid the problems you've come up with.