PDA

View Full Version : General Armor Save

Johnnyfrej
11-05-2008, 02:03
Just checking to make sure this would work.
If I take an Empire General, give him Full Plate Armor (4+ save), then gave him a Barded Warhorse (gives +5 so now he has a 2+ save), then gave him an Enchanted Shield (gives +5 so now he has a 0+ save). He would always use his +2 save unless he was wounded by a strength 6 attack (-3 to armor save) right?

edit: fixed numerals

theunwantedbeing
11-05-2008, 02:10
Yes, although you put the + on the other side of the number.

Avaron
11-05-2008, 03:48
that or if the weapon ignores armor saves. rare but they are out there.

Gorbad Ironclaw
11-05-2008, 04:02
Well he would use his 0+ save, only he always fail on a one anyway.

Oh, and as theunwantedbeing said, if you are talking about the final save value it's X+, if you are talking about an armour modifier it's +X. Makes it easier to keep track of.

Johnnyfrej
11-05-2008, 20:54
Thank you all for your input.

Oh, and as theunwantedbeing said, if you are talking about the final save value it's X+, if you are talking about an armour modifier it's +X. Makes it easier to keep track of.
Noted.

Zherghegg
12-05-2008, 03:43
Oh thats a really good tip to know "if you are talking about the final save value it's X+, if you are talking about an armour modifier it's +X. Makes it easier to keep track of."

So with heavy armour for instance, its 5+ meaning that you need to roll a 5 or a 6 to save. I just dont understand the +X modifier then. Can anyone clarify?

lparigi34
12-05-2008, 03:48
Sure...

Some items have o value of X+ save (i.e. heavy armour is a 5+AS), here the "+" sign goes after the digit.

You can then add a shield for a +1AS, meaning that it improves any base value before the item by one, for a total armour save of 4+.

Armour save values format is "X+".

Modifiers are indicated as "+x"

A trick to calculate the modifying value of an item is to calculate whatever remains to get to seven. For example, an Enchanted Shield if used alone save is 5+, if it is not alone but modifying a previous armour value, then then modifier is +2, since 5 + 2 = 7

Edit: thanks WLBjork, my mistake, actually I was referring to the Enchanted Shield itself. Post edited accordingly.

WLBjork
12-05-2008, 04:37
A trick to calculate the modifying value of an item is to calculate whatever remains to get to seven. For example, a magic shield if used alone save is 5+, if it is not alone but modifying a previous armour value, then then modifier is +2, since 5 + 2 = 7

Specifically the shield in referred to is the Enchanted Shield.

Not all shields give an improved save.