PDA

View Full Version : great shaman on wyvern need help

lee
11-05-2008, 07:56
hi all am thinkig of starting a orc army.
and i was thinking of haveing it lead by a shaman on a wyvern. how i know this is not a very good thing but just like the sound of it. has any one used this and if so what items do you use. thanks for looking

Urgat
11-05-2008, 10:10
Well, everyting that will protect him is good, I'd say.
But as you've realised yourself already, it's really not a good idea. But at least it's unique, kuddos for wanting to try.

Mozzamanx
11-05-2008, 10:19
Its not that bad an idea really, the Wyvern was never a close combat monster anyway with his 3 attacks. If you use it for terror, march stopping and flying your shaman out of a bad situation, it could actually work pretty well.

As a bonus, if its a Shaman running off then your general can be a random Orc Big Boss for that leadership bubble.
I wouldn't make him Savage though, cos then you'll be in combat alot. Which is bad for your Shaman.

stampy
11-05-2008, 10:31
Why not use Azhag the slaghterer?

Leogun_91
11-05-2008, 10:50
Well I havenīt yet but I will get one just so I can use him as Groms head Shaman (unfortunately he is about twice as expensive as Grom. I will probobly go with 4 powerstones on mine.

Mozzamanx
11-05-2008, 10:53
I will probobly go with 4 powerstones on mine.

Nonononono!

He's a huge, expensive target which, while relatively safe from combat if you run around, is a bullet magnet to everything on the field with a range. Since he's a Shaman, you won't get armour even against bows, so a ward save is pretty much mandatory.

Leogun_91
11-05-2008, 11:29
Nonononono!

He's a huge, expensive target which, while relatively safe from combat if you run around, is a bullet magnet to everything on the field with a range. Since he's a Shaman, you won't get armour even against bows, so a ward save is pretty much mandatory.

Yeah, I know but there are just two things 1) I canīt give the wyvern an wardsave 2) i canīt get that much protection anyway.
However I will play a fast army and that really increases my chances to cast Waaagh on turn one as well as my shaman can use the more destructive spells to deal with the moast urgent shooting threaths.