PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms 2k (tournament)

Malakian
11-05-2008, 09:19
-Characters-
Tyrant: Longstrider, Wyrdstone Necklace, Demon-killer Scars, Lucky Gnoblar, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Brace of Handguns [317]

Butcher: 2x Dispell Scroll [180]

-Core-
Ironguts (3): Standard bearer, Musician [174]
Ironguts (4): Standard bearer, Musician [222]
Ironguts (4): Standard bearer, Musician [222]
Ogre Bulls (3) [105]
Ogre Bulls (3) [105]
Ogre Bulls (3) [105]
Ogre Bulls (3) [105]
Gnoblars (24) [48]
Gnoblars (23) [46]

-Special-
Leadbelchers (2) [110]
Leadbelchers (2) [110]

-Rare-
Gorger [75]
Gorger [75]

[1999]/2000

nikkcookie
11-05-2008, 10:07
i like the idea SOOO many ogres might work well....
dont see the point in longstrider though?
and why are leadbelchers in units of 2? still unit str 6 causes panic.
id try find some trappers instead of 1 gnoblar unit and longstirider.

Malakian
11-05-2008, 10:26
Made some minor changes to the list.

i like the idea SOOO many ogres might work well....
dont see the point in longstrider though?
and why are leadbelchers in units of 2? still unit str 6 causes panic.
id try find some trappers instead of 1 gnoblar unit and longstirider.
So many ogres becouse I find this to be the only effective way to play ogres with "WAAC".

Tyrant goes alone. So movement value of 7 is better than 6.

Leadbelchers in units of 2 becouse they are more mobile.

I dont find trappers any usefull. I prefer having some rank bonuses instead.

Mercules
11-05-2008, 16:13
Nice very Core heavy.

One thing I would probably do if it was my list would be to move those Musicians to a couple of the Bulls units. While they can be handy in a tie, I find them more useful for giving Bulls a Ld 8 roll on a Rally test as I tend to bait and flee with Bulls.

You are also going to have some issues against magic based armies. 3 Dispel dice. Yes the two scrolls will help, but you will have to use them at exactly the right moment. Otherwise you will simply have to try and kill off their casters and I don't see anything in particular set up to do so.

Malakian
11-05-2008, 16:26
Nice very Core heavy.

One thing I would probably do if it was my list would be to move those Musicians to a couple of the Bulls units. While they can be handy in a tie, I find them more useful for giving Bulls a Ld 8 roll on a Rally test as I tend to bait and flee with Bulls.

You are also going to have some issues against magic based armies. 3 Dispel dice. Yes the two scrolls will help, but you will have to use them at exactly the right moment. Otherwise you will simply have to try and kill off their casters and I don't see anything in particular set up to do so.

Musicians is a good idea.

I find ogres dont have anything you could actually use to hunt down mages. Taking more butchers is just waste of points. Tyrant is good scaring low ld casters but thats about it.

Evil-Lite
11-05-2008, 17:01
I agree with the other posters about adding musicians to the ogre units. I am not a big fan of having a standard with Ogres either.

nikkcookie
12-05-2008, 01:34
"I find ogres dont have anything you could actually use to hunt down mages. Taking more butchers is just waste of points. Tyrant is good scaring low Ld casters but thats about it." ok ....what are sabertusks for? and b4 i didnt say why do you have so many units i said that looks good.
but yeh hunters pretty much best mage hunters.