PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Legion Vs Wood Elves

Vogon
18-10-2005, 12:53
I have a campaign battle coming up where I have 600pts of Slaanesh Daemons against 800pts of Woodelves.

Any Ideas?

I was going to go with Daemonic Herald (MOS), 15 Daemonettes (FC and Unholy icon) and 5 Mounted Daemonettes.

I'm going to get mullered aren't I?

Cheers

Vogon

Vosk
18-10-2005, 13:22
Why are you going up against a force larger than your own, and at such a low points value?

Best advice is to take on the predatory role. Wood Elf units are pretty weak when compared to Daemonic might, so use this to your advantage and kill him unit by unit (starting with the weak, and especially vulnerable things). To this end, put your Herald on a Steed of Slaanesh.

A Chariot of Slaanesh would probably serve you better than the Mounted Daemonettes too. More punch, a bit harder to kill.

Something like this?

Herald, Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh - 180

13 Daemonettes of Slaanesh, Full Command, Unholy Icon - 280

Chariot of Slaanesh - 140

Vogon
18-10-2005, 14:07
We’re using a combination of slightly adapted Border princes rules (hence the points difference he has more banners backing up the one in the fight) and border patrol rules so I can’t have a steed for my herald (too many points).

I was toying with the idea of a chariot but thought I’d prefer the Mounted Daemonettes as more adaptable and faster.

I’ve no idea what my opponent will be taking but I do aim to pick off one unit at a time if I can. As long as I don’t suffer a massacre I’ll be OK in the campaign.

Odin
18-10-2005, 14:48
I'd definitely stick with the mounted daemonettes - they are much more maneouvreable, and the ability to march will be invaluable. Send them up the flank and as Vosk says take on the enemy one unit at a time. It'll be tricky, but I'm sure it can be done.

Good luck.

Vogon
18-10-2005, 15:35
I agree.

There's also the fact that the unit strength of the mounted daemonettes will be 10 (rather than 4) and cause fear and therefore might be able to auto break a unit of archers (with a bit of luck).

Screamin Daemon
19-10-2005, 00:57
Yea...it was nice knowing you.

You simply don't have the models to survive this. You are going to get shot down before you get there.

Out of curiosity, what is in his list? and are you using your herald as your general?

Vogon
19-10-2005, 09:46
Ok it was last night.

He had 28 glade guard, 8 glade riders and 5 waywatchers and a hero

He set all the glade things up in a long line on his side, set the waywatchers up behind my Daemonettes and shot the hell out of me.

And yes the Herald acted as the general

DisturbeD_
20-10-2005, 20:31
heralds can't be genrals, don't take chariots he will genrally be in woods! 2 smaler units of deamonetts might do better as more tagrets, i think you'l have to use the exalted deamon prince, but thats good with fly and terror and what gifts you give him, i'd go for diabloic splender and possably soul hunger but a big points sink

Lord Setra
21-10-2005, 14:06
How did it go.

The way I seen it was that the sheer amount of fire he put into you would result in perhaps one or two demonettes falling each turn maybe more.

As you closed the higher strength hurt your herald while the waywatcher got lucky and killing blowed one or two riders.

Just my thoughts on what would have happened.