PDA

View Full Version : Army Builder inconsistancies?

Hand of Dume
11-05-2008, 14:52
I was on a forum (not this site) and someone posted that they had some inconsistancies with the army builder program concerning points. In the beginning when I purchased it, I would compare it with the codex. Never had any problems. Has anyone else seen any problem with the program and points?

Bookwrak
11-05-2008, 14:59
Nothing severe. Last time I checked, point costs for FW Dreadnought weapons were off. There's a reason why there's a forum where you can bring up any errors you encounter. That said it never hurts to double check your numbers, no matter how you make your original list.

philbrad2
11-05-2008, 15:20
Armybuilder is not at fault here but the datafiles. 40K data files are not written by Wolflair who develop and sell AB.

If you've a problem with the 40K AB data files

1) I suggest you have the current of the datafiles installed. These aren't simply the latest codex/army list but also include fixes for other errors.

2) Suggest you report inconsistencies via the 40K data files maintainers website - http://www.ab40k.org/index.php

There are always going to be some inconsistencies/anomalies with a AB generated armylist. I suggest you cross check the list with the codex and a calculator

PhilB
:chrome:

Hand of Dume
11-05-2008, 15:43
I don't have any problems with it. As I said I used to check it with no problems. It was another user who had difficulties. Unless you put forgeworld, Special character, Apocolypse rules, Etc on, it uses the basic list and updates. Also when you click on it checks the site for updates and such.

Spacker
11-05-2008, 17:00
As I always try to point out when threads like this pop up, unless users report the errors at http://www.ab40k.org it's possible that they'll be missed by the maintainers and not corrected. There are so many possible combinations of options and points that it's hard to nail every single error - but ones that are reported and confirmed do get fixed.