PDA

View Full Version : Carnosaur Oldblood?

Mozzamanx
11-05-2008, 14:48
Gday,

As you probably know, if any part of a model (steed, rider, chariot etc.) has frenzy, everything gets it. Does this mean that when a Carnosaur gets to killing, when it eats something and frenzies will the rider get it too? ie- both models gain +1 attack? Its just that neither of them start frenzied...

Cheers for any help

Oenghus
11-05-2008, 15:49
Unfortunately, carnosaurs get Blood-Frenzy, not Frenzy. It's very similar, but not quite identical. One of the differences is that the Frenzy rule only applies to the Carnosaur.

I believe that's what I've read on the subject, anyway.

theunwantedbeing
11-05-2008, 15:53
The blood frenzy rule grants frenzy so the carnosaur becomes frenzied, and so does the rider by virtue of the rules for frenzy.

As the carnosaur will never lose it's frenzy, nor will the rider while he rides the carnosaur.
It's an unintended bonus due to the change from 6th edition to 7th edition.

Loopstah
11-05-2008, 16:25
So I assume if the Carnosaur is killed then the Old Blood immediately loses his Frenzy, as it's the Carnosaur granting it?

Milney
11-05-2008, 16:32
I know where the rule is saying that Riders pass psychology onto mounts, but I'm fairly sure there isn't a rule giving rider the mounts psychology in 7th Ed.

TheDarkDuke
11-05-2008, 16:44
well i dont have my lizardmen book by me but i think theunwantedbeing has it right. however it could be one of those coin toss situations.

Loopstah
11-05-2008, 16:44
I know where the rule is saying that Riders pass psychology onto mounts, but I'm fairly sure there isn't a rule giving rider the mounts psychology in 7th Ed.

Page 79, Mount's Psychology

Caboose123
11-05-2008, 17:33
Always thought so. I think the Oldblood would gain frenzy along with the carnosaur.

After it gains frenzy would it lose it when the carnosaur dies? I honestly have no idea...

theunwantedbeing
11-05-2008, 17:36
If the carnosaur dies he doesnt lose frenzy as he is now frenzied himself.
He needs to lose a combat after the carnosaur has died to lose his frenzy.