PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh/Tzeentch Daemons 2500

Von Wibble
11-05-2008, 15:11
Keeper of Secrets, L4, Allure of Slaanesh, Enrapturing Gaze, Siren Song, Torment Blade 650pts

Masque 90pts

Herald of Tzeentch, Power Vortex 145pts

17 Horrors, fcg, banner of change. 259pts

3 x 12 Daemonettes. All have fcg. 1 unit has banner of ecstasy. 2 x 174pts, +199pts.

5 Furies 60pts

2 x 6 Seekers, fcg, Siren Standard. 2 x 199pts

3 Screamers. 90pts

4 Flamers 140pts

2 Fiends 110pts.

Refused flank strategy.

Rough plan is that horrors hold centre. With Herald they provide nasty magic if ignored. If attacked their ward should allow them to survive for long enough for daemonettes to hit the flank. The banner daemonettes can take a poor mans version of this role on 1 flank.

In attack, the keeper, furies, seekers, and fiends can all act as 1 bunch of mutually supporting units. They go on opppostie flank to banner daemonettes.

This leaves the flamers, screamers and masque to act as general pains and decoys.

Good magic, reasonable shooting (by daemon standards!). Will struggle against armour - thats what the tzeentch magic and Kepper are for! Against lightly armoured troops (esp low Ld) it will be nasty indeed.

Thoughts? If anything needs improving its the foot units (maybe at a cost of a fiend and/or flamer) - just remember where possible the sacred numbers. Multiples of 6 and 9 respectively for Slaanesh and Tzeentch.

Your Mum Rang
11-05-2008, 15:48
I'd be very very very tempted to drop the Screamers and put those points into bulking up the Horrors. A unit of 20 will be losing levels in no time. A unit of 30+, however, will give you much more than those 3 S5 Slashing attacks.

Von Wibble
14-05-2008, 17:55
So if the Horrors went to 26 (I know 1 loss is a magic level down but that I can live with), for 108pts more, at a cost of the screamers and the banner of ecstacy on the foot daemonettes, would that be better?

I think I'd have enough change for an extra Fury as well.

Firebreather
14-05-2008, 18:02
I really like your army, Von Wibble. Very, very nice. There isn't really much I would change, based off my meager experience up to this point. The proposed changes above look like pretty decent ideas as well, I'd say.

I quite like the build of your KoS also, and I'm a huge fan of using Greater Daemons whenever the oppurtunity presents itself, even at the 2000 points level if need be.