PDA

View Full Version : Slime trail

fubukii
11-05-2008, 16:10
While playing a game lyesterday, a guy at my local store who was trying out some proxy plaguebearer/Herlad unit upgraded the herald with slime trail. Now i was almost 100% certain that this just negated the Combat res bonus i got for flanking and or rear charging, but my friend was insistant to say that i did not negate his ranks as well. I told him that the cr bonus was simply the extra +1 bonus and that my clanrats would still negate his ranks as his gift did not say he kept his ranks.

AM i wrong or is it basically a moving oath stone, or does it just make flank charges hurt less?

isidril93
11-05-2008, 16:14
i thik that you were right
it says
'enemy units do not receive combet resolution bonuses for attacking the flank or rear of a daemon with this ability, or any unit he has joined'

it says that you do not receive a combat bonus but nothing about him not losing his

Atrahasis
11-05-2008, 16:18
You are correct

BloodiedSword
11-05-2008, 17:07
Negating enemy ranks is not a bonus to combat resolution for the flanking unit, and so it is not affected by Slime Trail.

IronBrother
11-05-2008, 20:45
You were correct. It's different than the stupid Oathstone, in that the Oathstone states that the unit does not have a flank/rear. Slime Trail states (like the Varghulf) that it the enemy unit does not receive a bonus for flank/rear.

Lordsaradain
12-05-2008, 08:23
The points cost of slime trail might indicate that you were right fubukii. If the upgrade was THAT good it'd definetly be more expensive.