PDA

View Full Version : Legal Unit/Character ?

Fulgrim's Gimp
11-05-2008, 20:21
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if the following would be legal for a High Elf list,specifically the magic item combinations work with the bsb in the unit. If correct I'm hoping to do a samurai style BSB conversion:

BSB with lance, dragon armour and shield on barded steed with the banner of World Dragon.
10 Dragon Princes with full command and banner of Elyrion and drakemaster with helm of fortune.

Thanks in advance.

Shallowain
12-05-2008, 16:12
No Lance on the BSB, but otherwise legal.

//Edit: no Shield as well IIRC

WLBjork
12-05-2008, 16:15
Lance and shield are fine on the BSB.

New Army Books (such as HE) do not include the weapon limitations on BSBs that the old books did.

lparigi34
12-05-2008, 19:43
Which I agree with, still it always seemed odd to me that unit champions are better in that sense that armies BSBs... (i.e an Empire Knight SB is allowed to carry it and also the Shield and Lance).

Fluff wise I just assume that the BS guy carrying the banner is not the one doing the job fight himself... But then what should happen if he is the last remaining guy, or there is only one rank of troops?... Still Odd.

E-616
12-05-2008, 19:50
According to the brb, the standard bearer is an especially good fighter and so capable of fighting with the same abilities as the rest of his unit while still carrying the standard.

Fulgrim's Gimp
12-05-2008, 20:51
having looked at the brb and the High Elf book, nowhere does it say they cannot be fully kitted out like my example,but , I was wondering whether I had missed something and sought consenus. I plan on giving the BSB a banner on his back like a samurai.Thanks everyone.

Deacon Bane
12-05-2008, 23:26
Nothing stopping the BSB from using shield and lance. And in the HE book he can be mounted on a G.Eagle.

T10
13-05-2008, 06:29
Which I agree with, still it always seemed odd to me that unit champions are better in that sense that armies BSBs... (i.e an Empire Knight SB is allowed to carry it and also the Shield and Lance).

Oh, perhaps this is because the unit standard bearer (sic) isn't better than the army battle standard?

The unit standard bearer model is an ordinary rank-and-file trooper and is simply equipped and fights in the same way as the unit does.

-T10