PDA

View Full Version : are effect or battle changing spells and magic res

shartmatau
12-05-2008, 00:37
I was wondering what the rules are for spells that affect several units, or even the entire enemy army, and magic resistance work. Specifically I was wondering about Phantasmagoria. Which affects all enemy units on the battlefield. From what I have re-read in the rulebook wouldn't every single enemy unit that has magic resistance be able to use it to dispel? or does the spell have to specifically target them. and if that is the case would Phantasmagoria count as targetting them. It says 'affects all enemy units' so it would seem to but maybe i missed something.
Any help would be appreciated.

theunwantedbeing
12-05-2008, 00:42
If a unit is affected by the spell, or would be then you get your magic resistance.
So spells that affect the entire enemy army like Phantasmagoria does allow all units with magic resistance in the enemy army to add to the attempt at dispelling it.

Following the normal rules for dispelling and magical resistance of course.
It means that things like flesh hounds are a real pain in the backside for your opponent when trying to cast spells that affect the board.

shartmatau
12-05-2008, 02:02
thanks. Oh sorry for being in the wrong forum, had too many tabs open.

TK421
12-05-2008, 08:56
I was under the impression that you only add the highest MR to the dispel when something targets an entire army based on the Casket of Souls ruling.

shartmatau
12-05-2008, 12:45
I'm not sure what that ruling is. Is it in the FAQ?
Would a mod please move this to Rules.

Gazak Blacktoof
12-05-2008, 13:07
I was under the impression that you only add the highest MR to the dispel when something targets an entire army based on the Casket of Souls ruling.

Yes that is correct, you don't add magic resistances together you just use the highest and add in any extra dice you might want.