PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Lore - Curse of Years...

Sloppyjayman
12-05-2008, 11:59
Quick Question...

The Curse of Years Spell....

1st Question:

Is this spell a "Remains in Play" spell? It does not read so in the VC rule book.
If not, that means the Vampire who cast the spell, can still cast other spells after this one.

2nd Question:

When do do your role for "Cure of Years", death on a 5+? It reads during the next magic phase, which would be your opponents magic phase? And, when does he get to try and dispel this spell? Before or after the 5+ to wound roll?

Thanks in Advance for clarifying
ME

The Clairvoyant
12-05-2008, 12:09
Don't have the book to hand, so i'll pass on the first question. I'd assume its a RiP spell, but it is possible it isn't.

As for the second question, yes it happens every magic phase, but it also states that the subsequent rolls (such as 5+) happen at the end of the magic phase, i.e after your opponent gets a chance to dispel it.

theunwantedbeing
12-05-2008, 12:51
Pretty sure it's pretty obvious it's a remains in play spell.

You dispel it like any other remains in play spell.
Page 110 of the rulebook.

Forbiddenknowledge
12-05-2008, 13:18
But if it doesn't say RiP, which means it isn't RiP, so undispellable once cast ;)

I'm just being a git and all, but it would be interesting to see what it says in the spell description.

Arnizipal
12-05-2008, 13:19
1st Question:

Is this spell a "Remains in Play" spell? It does not read so in the VC rule book.

Look at the VC armybook p39:

Curse of Years Cast on 8+
Remains in Play

This spell can be cast...

I hope that answers your question. ;)

2nd Question:

When do do your role for "Cure of Years", death on a 5+? It reads during the next magic phase, which would be your opponents magic phase? And, when does he get to try and dispel this spell? Before or after the 5+ to wound roll?

That's interesting. Back in 6th edition the wording of the spell specifically mentioned it only worked in the caster's magic phase. It seems it works in both players' magic phases now. :evilgrin:

Also, it says in the spell you roll for a wound on 5+/4+/... it happens at the end of the magic phase. That means it's after your opponent has had a chance to dispel it (again). Even though dispelling spells that remain in play comes after casting your own spells, rolling for the Curse comes after it.

Evil-Lite
12-05-2008, 13:29
Arnizipal is correct.

Curse of years goes off. roll a 6+ to wound. Your opponent then has a chance to dispel the RiP spell before it goes off again (during their magic phase). If not dispelled then you will wound the enemy on a 5+. During your next turn if the caster which has Curse of Years active does not cast any spells and your opponent does not dispel the RiP curse will go off again on a 4+.

While the spell can be brutal if not dispelled the opponent has the option of dispelling Curse of Years each turn before the spell takes effect.

Gorbad Ironclaw
12-05-2008, 13:45
And it restricts your own mage from casting any spells in his own magic phase. Previously you could cast it, and then get the 5+ to wound in your own magic phase and then cast something else to dispel it, but not anymore. That's why it went down in casting cost.

Arnizipal
12-05-2008, 14:19
Which also makes it easier to dispell. :(
I miss the old version. It was a lot more feared than its current incarnation.