musican 112

5 reavers
bows
musican 112

rare

3 reapter bolter thorwers 300

great eagle 50

total 2984

these are two very different armylists that i need help decideing on which to use in a local tournement no army is more dominant but few orge and dark elf will be involed but there are lots of orcs,drwafs and undead

plaese tear it apart as i would like to win to prove that high lfs are a force to be reckoned with

Mike KK
12-05-2008, 17:28
i would say the top one but silver helms suck really bad, you need to drop these for dragon princes or chariots, also high elf chariots are better than ellyrion riders; cheaper and nastier on charge

isidril93
12-05-2008, 17:37
drop a siver helm unit
change the enchanted shield and dragon armour to armour of caledor and amulet of light
upgrade you dragon to star
maybe drop the other silver helms and get another unit of DP

WhiteKnight
12-05-2008, 21:57
Upgrading your dragon to a star dragon is a must. The Reavers and silver helms can be taken out so you can get a lion chariot and a Tiranoc Chariot. Chariots will destroy units and fast.

craskie666
14-05-2008, 19:50
im not upgrading to a star dragon as i feel its a big sink of points

Marwynn
14-05-2008, 20:23
First remove the Halberds for Lances on those guys meant to charge. I agree about the Silver Helms, they are rather weak in their current incarnation. But not so much about the Reavers.

If that's your stance on Star Dragons perhaps you should avoid dragons in general. It's S7 so it'll smash any chariots that dare come in contact with it. It'll tear apart Steam Tanks for sure. I'd prefer List 1. The PG block is a nice home for the Archmage. You can drop one SH unit for a Tiranoc Chariot and use the rest of the points for a vanilla Dragon Prince unit.

You may also want to consider the use of the Banner of Sorcery. D3 power dice is pretty sweet.

May I ask though, why is your Archmage so... poorly equipped? Ring of Fury? Great Eagle seems a bit of a luxury, unless you're dead set on it. Starwood Staff to get a +1 on all spell casts, or Seerstaff to choose those 4 spells.

For List 2 give the Dragon Mage a Silver Wand, to combo with Recklessness. Is there a reason why your Dragon Princes has a Champion? Are you giving him a magical item of some kind?

High Elves are a force to be reckoned with. One of the reasons is due to the Star Dragon, although that is rather a shortcut. Theoretically at this points level you could field 4 dragons... 1 Prince on a Star Dragon, 1 Archmage on a Moon Dragon, 2 Dragon Mages. Too much?

Granted you're probably going to be left with three units of 10 Spearelves and no one else to play with afterwards.