PDA

View Full Version : 2k Daemons (first try) Slaanesh/Tzeentch

eleveninches
12-05-2008, 14:07
670: KOS lv4 (siren song, temptator, enrapturing gaze)
81: Bluescribes
165: Herald of Tzeentch (disc, power vortex)
160: Herald of Tzeentch (disc, master of sorcery)
175: 11 Horrors (standard, musician, banner of change)
175: 11 Horrors (standard, musician, banner of change)
285: 16 Horrors (standard, musician, changeling, +1 to cast)
181: 6 Mounted Daemonettes (standard, musician, siren standard)
110: 2 Furies

Necromancer2
12-05-2008, 14:46
that's a pretty mean list!!

eleveninches
12-05-2008, 14:51
I kind of want to play against a magic heavy vampire list with loads of invokations. Let him have all the invokations he wants, and then reveal that its given me about 10 powerdice for my flying lv2 tzeentch herald who knows all spells from any wind of magic or from lore of tzeentch. Then cast every spell in the lore of fire or lore of tzeentch at the generals unit!!

riven5
12-05-2008, 16:59
Here's an often overlooked way to kill off an opposing players general (or just a character you hate). Pavan of Slaanesh! 8+ to cast, 24 inch range, LOS required. It forces the enemy character to take a leadership test, and should they fail, they take d6 wounds with no armor saves.

Now obviously hitting a Vampire Count with that would be unwise...until you do some leadership modification first! Phantasmagoria could really destroy his chances of passing that LD check, and if that be the case, then he's looking at d6 wounds with only his ward save to protect him...assuming he even brought a major ward save to the battle. Many VC generals just use Walach's Bloody Hauberk to keep them safe, and that only provides a 5+ ward besides its armor save.

I already killed TWO VC Generals and one TK Hierophant that way. It's even more effective if you can use the Masque to reduce their leadership.

Good luck with this list, it's a very potent one that will keep your foe on his or her toes the entire time. Whether s/he's being threatened by magic missiles or by the crazy long distance Slaanesh charges, the whole board is your playground.

isidril93
12-05-2008, 17:04
if i were you i would do like riven said about the sniping at enemy characters
but to make that even better i would take of a herald and take the masque
with the extra pts you could make another unit of you horrors a 17 strong unit...all you really lose is 1 magic level

eleveninches
13-05-2008, 11:11
Or just use the KOS' 20" charge to get next to the generals unit, then use the siren song (a MRoChallenge that works o immune to psychology units) to get him to charge your ASF S6T6 5W KOS