PDA

View Full Version : 2000 High Elves - Gates of Hoeth Vangaurd - All comers list!

LordBadgash
12-05-2008, 18:49
Archmage
-lvl 4
-Staff of Solidity
-Ring of Fury
-Scroll
-Stone
=360

Mage
-1v1 2
-Seerstaff of Saphery
=165

Noble
-Star Lance
-Barded Steed
-Enchanted Shield
= 155

18 Spear Elves
-full cmnd
-War Banner
=207

11 Archers
=121

17 Swordmasters
-full cmnd
-Banner of sorcery
=315

6 Silver Helms
-Standard & Musician
-Shields
=162

5 Ellyrian Reavers
-bows
-Musician
=102

5 Shadow Warriors
=80

Tiranoc Chariot
=85

2 Bolt Throwers
=200

1 Great Eagle
=50

Total = 2,002

9-11 PD
+ 1 power stone
+ 1 bound spell

5 Dispell Dice
+ 1 scroll (and drain magic, lol)

The Spearelves and swordmasters will be deplyed in 6x3 formation. The 2 mages will be placed in the archer and swordmaster units. Not sure which to place the archmage in.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions!

LordBadgash
13-05-2008, 15:51
Does anybody think I should upgrade the Silver Helms to Dragon Princes by dropping the Great Eagle?

Are the 2 extra attacks, extra weaponskill, and leadership worth it? They're only 7 points more, each.

Thanks

marv335
13-05-2008, 16:09
Definetly try to squeeze the points to upgrade to DP
A unit of 5 has 11 Ws5 attacks as opposed to 6 Ws4 attacks.
The extra 45pts are a definite worthwhile investment.

The Old Scholar
13-05-2008, 21:48
Definetly try to squeeze the points to upgrade to DP
A unit of 5 has 11 Ws5 attacks as opposed to 6 Ws4 attacks.
The extra 45pts are a definite worthwhile investment.

Yes, I agree. If you have the actual models go with the Dragon Princes.

This is a bit of a tangent, but I don't feel Silver Helms are a viable choice anymore, save for the new players who haven't bought anything other than the initial plastics. Silver Helms are a great disappointment.

Marwynn
14-05-2008, 01:08
Does anybody think I should upgrade the Silver Helms to Dragon Princes by dropping the Great Eagle?

Are the 2 extra attacks, extra weaponskill, and leadership worth it? They're only 7 points more, each.

Thanks

Absolutely. If you don't have any DPs around use the SHs to count as DPs.

EDIT:

Drop 1 Archer. Give that Noble with the Star Lance Dragon Armour if he doesn't have it.

LordBadgash
14-05-2008, 02:09
Cool! I'm gonna use my Silver Helms as Dragon princes for now. If they work out well I might spring for the DP models. Thanks guys!

TK421
14-05-2008, 11:34
Cool! I'm gonna use my Silver Helms as Dragon princes for now. If they work out well I might spring for the DP models. Thanks guys!

Don't worry, they'll work out very well. Silver Helms are the one unit that got utterly hosed in the new book. They're just no competition with Dragon Princes for a special slot. I have no idea what the writer was thinking there.

stampy
14-05-2008, 11:43
Have you considered teclis? Potentially much more powerful on the offensive with his increased chances of an irrestible force occurring

LordBadgash
15-05-2008, 03:14
I usully shy away from using special characters unless agreeing on them for a themed game witha friend. This list is more for using against anybody who wants to play at the local gaming club!

The Dragon Prince champion has 3 attacks, same as the Noble...is he even worth it? Should I ditch the noble and use the points for something else and just use the dragon prince champion?

What do you guys think?