PDA

View Full Version : Competitive 2000

Alpha_Wolf
12-05-2008, 19:21
Well, here I am again in my endeavor to make my TK army list more competitive. As always I'd like the valued opinion of the warseer community

Here she is...

Characters:

Tomb King - 310
Flail of Skulls, Golden Eye, Chariot of Fire
Chariot

Liche (Heiro.) - 160
Cloak of Dunes, H. Jar

Liche - 168
Staff of Ravening
Steed

Liche - 173
2x Scroll
Steed

Core:

3x Chariots - 120

3x Chariots - 120

6x "Heavy" Horsemen - 96

6x "Heavy" Horsemen - 96

20x Archers - 205
Standard Bearer with Banner of the Undying Legion, Unit Champion

Tomb Swarm (fo show!) - 45

Special:

3x Carrion - 72

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

Rare:

SSCatapult - 90

SSCatapult - 90

Total : 2000 on the mark!

Characters - 811
Core - 682
Special - 327
Rare - 180

A major difference in this list and my last couple is that I dropped the Ushabti for some cavalry. Unlike the ushabti, they won't get left in the dust slowly bring up the rear and they also allow some protection for my liches.

What would you change in this list? If you had to play this army how would you beat it?

Eigilb
12-05-2008, 19:37
Well, here I am again in my endeavor to make my TK army list even more competitive. As always I'd like the valued opinion of the warseer community

Here she is...

Characters:

Tomb King - 310
Flail of Skulls, Golden Eye, Chariot of Fire
Chariot

Liche (Heiro.) - 160
Cloak of Dunes, H. Jar

Liche - 168
Staff of Ravening
Steed

Liche - 173
2x Scroll
Steed

Core:

3x Chariots - 120

3x Chariots - 120

6x "Heavy" Horsemen - 96

6x "Heavy" Horsemen - 96

20x Archers - 205
Standard Bearer with Banner of the Undying Legion, Unit Champion

Tomb Swarm (fo show!) - 45

Special:

3x Carrion - 72

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

Scorpion - 85

Rare:

SSCatapult - 90

SSCatapult - 90

Total : 2000 on the mark!

Characters - 811
Core - 682
Special - 327
Rare - 180

A major difference in this list and my last couple is that I dropped the Ushabti for some cavalry. Unlike the ushabti, they won't get left in the dust slowly bring up the rear and they also allow some protection for my liches.

What would you change in this list? If you had to play this army how would you beat it?

No static combat ress at all... no chance of out numbering anywhere, maybe with a combined Heavy and chariot charge.

Your Magic:

2x1 dice
(4)3x2 dice
1 lvl 4 boundspell.

Well any army with some decent magic defence and a scroll or two is going to close down your magicphace when it becomes crucial.
But then again i'll always go with a HLP, guess its a matter playing style.

Alpha_Wolf
12-05-2008, 21:22
I see what you mean on the static combat res. I could merge the two horsmen units, drop the swarm and add a standard bearer with the warbanner for the horsemen.

As far as the Tomb King vs the high liche, I have always preffered the tomb king. I could replace some of his items with the crown of kings to bolster the magic but I'd have to forgoe the eye. Certainly the magic isn't all that bad though, you didn't include the BotUL in the list.