10 dire wolves
doom wolf

10 dire wolves
doom wolf

4 fell bats

19 grave guard
full command

vargulf

any ideas please, and i can try out ideas in game quickly for feed back. i would really like sone ideas. C&C welcome,as long as its helpful.

Malorian
12-05-2008, 21:54
You expect to see a lot of knights or something?

I really wouldn't take Konrad in a tournament setting. With frenzt he's just too easy to bait out of a unit and kill due to combat res...

donuter
13-05-2008, 18:23
the lore of metal is to stop dwarfs and chaos, as for konrad, i tend to put him in the grave guard and van hals the grave guard to catch up

Malorian
13-05-2008, 18:29
Oh the unit can catch up, but Konrad is still left on his own.

Either the baiting unit flees and he's all alone and can't rejoin a unit, or he is fighting the unit and even if the graveguard catch up, if you lose both the grave guard and konrad crumbles...

Spirit
14-05-2008, 00:33
1. I dont see how 4 casting dice is worth spending 70 points on, just to get the lore of metal, it wont do anything, against dwarves they have 4 dispell and against everyone else they will probably have enough to stop your 2 dice castings.

Also, you have spent another 30 points to raise your skeletons above starting strength, with your 4 powerdice..

If anything (i would just drop forbidden lore) make one vamp have forbidden lore and NOT have lord of the dead, and the other one give dark acolyte and lord of the dead.Extra power dice, and you will use them for the right thing.

2. Drop a dispell scroll and give a vampire the battle standard, a warbanner that stops your units dying to combat res is good when your units are only 15 strong, and you can still take all your equiptment and vamp powers.

3. Units of 10 dire wolves are pointless, keep them at 5, drop the doom wolf (one S3 attack for 10 points, WOOO) and get 12 more skeletons.

4. Fell bats need to be in units of 3 or 5. This is for a few reasons.

a. 3 is cheap and gets the job done
b. 5 kills a unit if it flees through them
c. you raise d6 of them with a casting of invocation, so you have no need for 4 unless you get them all killed, which shouldnt be hard to prevent with 20" move.

5.Konrad, i dont rate him, but i havent used him so i can't comment, but i will say that if you ar in a tournament, he will be goaded out of a unit dispite your best efforts.