PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves info.

Wood Eater
21-04-2005, 11:12
One little bird comes to me some days ago and said

Lords

1. Wood elf highborn=old forest lord
2. Archmage
3. Anchient treemen (lord+rare, can shoot after march at 6" as grapeshot). Move=5. Other stats as Green Dragon, exept Ld 9 and Int 2. Stubborn.

Heroes

Noble\mage\driad hero (level 1 mage)

Core

driads\glade riders\glade guardians\eternal guard (special if no highborn)

Special

wardancers\ warhawks \ wild hunt (powerful version of riders) \ analog of 40mm monsters (rank and file, 65 points per one)

Rare

Eagles\Treemen\waywatchers

A lot of special rules such as Courts (ability to ride unicorns\stags\be wardansers), sprites (something like gnoblars mixed with virtues).

New background. Main theme - Wild Hunt in all gothic glory.

Wood Eater
21-04-2005, 11:28
warhawk riders:

40 points

1 A from hawk=S3, 1 from rider S3+spear. 6+ armor, T=3, 2 W, flying cavalry

:mad:

glade guardians

10+, 12 points, longbow with S4 at short range. Rank-and-file, per each unit you can take skirmish\scout with normal longbows. :rolleyes:

glade riders

24 points. As old exept 6+ armor... :rolleyes:

Odin
21-04-2005, 11:31
I think I just wet myself. Dunno why - most of it's what we've already been told or worked out. But if it's accurate (how good is your source?), there's a few interesting facts in there. Eternal Guard as Core is interesting (0-1 choice?). Dryad hero as Lvl 1 Mage.

And the Wild Hunt - improved Glade Riders - now that sounds interesting. Could it be that these are the models which "hit as hard as heavy cavalry"?

Bit dubious about the use of "highborn" and "noble" - doubt they'd use the same titles as Dark Elves.

Shame if Great Eagles become rare. Makes choosing your rare options a lot more difficult. Perhaps that's a good thing though - don't want every WE army to have a treeman and a unit of Waywatchers do we?

Guilliman
21-04-2005, 11:45
There's a waywatcher lord on the release shedule in the roundup as well.
http://www.portent.net/forums/showpost.php?p=18413&postcount=11

boogle
21-04-2005, 11:55
erm, what about scouts, they aren't listed at all in your list

Shoggoth
21-04-2005, 11:57
An easy question:ALL units of glade guard could be upgraded to skemirshing scouts OR the ration will be 1:1 so being for every unit with ranks and files you could take one unit of scout?
Tank you very much :)

boogle
21-04-2005, 12:11
like the Bret bowmen it would seem (without the 0-1 restriction), sounds Ok i suppose

Avian
21-04-2005, 13:27
1 A from hawk=S3, 1 from rider S3+spear. 6+ armor, T=3, 2 W, flying cavalry
Hmm, a cross between what I expected them to be (I though they would swap hawks for eagles) and the olf warhawk riders.

Otherwise the list is as expected and it fits the rumours I have heard.

Odin
21-04-2005, 13:43
Hmm, a cross between what I expected them to be (I though they would swap hawks for eagles) and the olf warhawk riders.

I was half-expecting Eagles - Warhawks are a bit small to carry an elf.

African or European Warhawks?

Frecus
21-04-2005, 15:08
I was half-expecting Eagles - Warhawks are a bit small to carry an elf.

African or European Warhawks?

I dunno... WAAAAAAAAAH!!!! *Drops in gulley of doom*

On topic, this is exactly what I was expecting. I didn't think they'd make a unit of flying monsters...

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Avian
21-04-2005, 15:19
On topic, this is exactly what I was expecting. I didn't think they'd make a unit of flying monsters...
I've played against a unit of Eagle Riders who were similar to the Bretonnian Pegasus Knights (made using my Deisgn system) and they were okay. These things seem very expensive when the only difference from the RH list ones seems to be 1 more wound (at twice the cost).

Odin
21-04-2005, 15:25
I've played against a unit of Eagle Riders who were similar to the Bretonnian Pegasus Knights (made using my Deisgn system) and they were okay. These things seem very expensive when the only difference from the RH list ones seems to be 1 more wound (at twice the cost).

True, but if they've got s4 or armour piercing arrows, and no penalties for moving and firing they will be pretty nasty. You can hit hard exactly where you want to.

Edit: anything else for us Wood Eater? Pretty please? Especially stuff on the Eternal Guard or Wild Hunt?

Wood Eater Ressurected
21-04-2005, 20:33
1. improved Glade Riders

26 per model, 5+ armor, fear (at charge)+some special rules

2. Arch mage know beast\life\Athel Loren lore
Treemanlord can cast 2 tree singing as bounds
Treeman only one.

New lore:

1. Tree singinig: move wood\d6 s5 in wood.
2. Magiñ missile 6+, s4 (or s5 if near wood)
3. regenerate on caster\unit
4. Unit can't be harm by non-magic shooting
5. Dunno, can't remember.
6. Analog of Orcs 6th spell from little waagh

No more hunting spear. A lot of strange wards (such as 4+ if within 6" of wood), arrows, bad magic weapons (new spirit sword working as Mind War exept both ways).

Forest spirits; treemans, driads, branchweaver (driad hero), 40mm monsters. 5+ daemonic ward, fear. Elf can't join.

Wood Eater Ressurected
21-04-2005, 20:41
Waywatchers:

killing blow by shooting
-1 to hit with shooting
scouts, scirmish, could deploy as earlier
no more LOS 4" in woods (iirc)

24 per model

Wardancers:

as earlier, no more unbrekable dance but 4+ ward dance. +1S on charge

No banners and musicians for driads and dancers.

Glade guardians: 1:1 ratio, no less

Eternal guard:

12 points, 5+ armor, 2 weap + second rank with spears.

Treeman; no more special attack

Tree-kin

M=5 T=5 S=5 I=2 As=4+ 3-12 per unit. :rolleyes:

Hypnotoad
22-04-2005, 00:07
Are my spear-armed Glade Guard useless or can can represent Eternal Guard? I heard the EG carried glaives.

Drabant
22-04-2005, 01:28
How come you had to make a second account Wood Eater?

I think I'm gonna get me some wood elves.

Ten No Ryu
22-04-2005, 02:29
Same here, which is a relieving thing to feel ^_^

Wood Eater Ressurected
22-04-2005, 08:48
Lethal shot: waywatchers and heroes with this ability has KB with non-magic arrows.

The most expensive sprite: 50 points, model causes terror

Llandorian
22-04-2005, 09:14
hmmm....

I don`t really know what to think about them,...
on one side,... they could be good,... if played right
what about the wardancers their KB??....does it remain?

and about the waywatcher KB,.... is it both on long AND short range, or onlu on short?,...

about the XXL treeman stats,... they seem kinda low (what compared with the old treeman stats :mad: )

Wood Eater Ressurected
22-04-2005, 09:58
iirc on short

treemans lose 1M, spec. attack, Unbreakable if no wound, but get 5+ daem ward and stubborn. 325 points+2 bounds+100 points sprites+shooting attack. Seems fair. More universal Lord choise.

But I think that new woody can play hard only with heavymagic=Archmage+3 driad hero or A.Treeman+2-3 mage.

Avian
22-04-2005, 10:28
Stuff:
-I thought the dryad hero was called a branchwraith and the lord a tree king?
-Fifth spell is the one that doubles Unit strength?
-Eternal guard are stubborn if led by a character?

Wood Eater Ressurected
22-04-2005, 10:57
1. Don't remember , but think Anchient treeman and branchweawer\branchwraith
2. No way, iirc
3. May be.

So, at last:

source: armybook. I had only 10 minutes to read it so I think that's potion of knoweledge is enough. Next time may be more.

Odin
22-04-2005, 11:01
Superb work there Wood Eater (whoever you may usually be).

Hope you find out more soon, I'm really beginning to like the Wood Elves.

Scactha
22-04-2005, 12:01
You´re our hero Wood Eater. Thanks a ton.

But are you absolutely sure that the Dryad hero, Branchwraith or -weaver, is a lvl 1 wizard? I´d maybe thought they could´ve bought Treesinging. But that seems almost too good with a fighty caster character...or very expensive one. :confused:

Jedi152
22-04-2005, 12:05
Waywatchers:

killing blow by shooting
-1 to hit with shooting
scouts, scirmish, could deploy as earlier
no more LOS 4" in woods (iirc)

24 per model
Why do they have -1 to hit when shooting? Is this meant to balance out KB? These guy are meant to be the WE crack archers...

Avian
22-04-2005, 12:08
-1 to hit them when the enemy is firing at them... :D

Kroq
22-04-2005, 12:11
Sweet Patooty , thanks for all the info !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Were there any pics or concept art in the book you could describe ?

Wood Eater ? Hmmmm , ya know people could take that a couple of ways :D

Captain Morgan
22-04-2005, 12:11
Is that -1 hit due to the skirmisher rule or plus the skirmisher rule?

Jedi152
22-04-2005, 12:13
-1 to hit them when the enemy is firing at them... :D
Ah, thanks for clarification. One presumes it is due to their 'leafy' camo, and is additional to bonuses for skirmishing.

Wood Eater Ressurected
22-04-2005, 12:19
ok. driad hero at 65 could be level 1 mage for +50 pts, iirc.

No way I could describe some sprites... Oh, if you could imagine winged frog mixed with hedgehog with bow in the hands... then you get idea...

Zeb
22-04-2005, 12:23
IIRC I heard that the Warhawk RIders were getting "Hit and Run".
And Waywatchers could use the Chamelion skink deployment as well...

Wood Eater Ressurected
22-04-2005, 12:38
Approved. H&R
Approved. as C. skinks

Skelmgurn
22-04-2005, 13:11
Is there any chance you could confirm whether glade guard have to be armed with bows or whether they can a take close combat weapons like spears instead?

Slyracoon
22-04-2005, 18:01
Thanks for all the info, Wood Eater. What exactly did you mean when you said "bad magic weapons"? Are they all useless or something? I quite like the idea of a lot of Wood Elf stuff being dependant on proximity to woods, mine are always all over woods like a bad rash anyway so it shouldn't be too much of a disadvantage. Do you know if there will be a Wardancer hero like there is a Waywatcher one?

Odin
22-04-2005, 18:11
Do you know if there will be a Wardancer hero like there is a Waywatcher one?

Do you mean a model or rules? The general consensus is that there will be a standard hero choice who can be upgraded to a wardancer/waywatcher/beast-rider etc. There is a Waywatcher Hero in the release list, so I suspect they'll do a Wardancer one as well (bound to be popular).

Galonthar
22-04-2005, 18:14
hmmm...

OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wood eater,....if you`re really telling the truth that allthis is right out of the army book,...
THAT WOULD MEAN THAT THE WE BIBLE EXISTS!!!
(sry, couldn`t resist, after all these years of waiting!!!)

and, wtf, is "hit and run" for a sort of rule (what does it do?,... I mean, is it nasty?)
and what does the cameleon skink rule mean? (I saw the lizzie armybook once, only I just don`t seem to remember, outside of the fact it was really cool....)

Odin
22-04-2005, 18:25
and, wtf, is "hit and run" for a sort of rule (what does it do?,... I mean, is it nasty?)

I think this is what Terradons have. IIRC is allows you to charge, fight a round of combat, then break from combat. Providing you are not caught you automatically rally and can move normally (and charge I think) next turn.

Anyone confirm or deny that?

Lion El Jason
22-04-2005, 18:57
I think it lets you choose to flee and the opponent cannot catch you. No auto rally IIRC but this was not from the WE book, I saw a similar rule elsewhere but basically its that kind of thing...

Galonthar
22-04-2005, 19:24
weeelll.....

"allowing to flee"???,..... werent you allowed to flee then in the first place???,... but rallying automaticly....YEAH!

but why wouldn`t the opponent by able to catch you?...
I mean, if he`s flying too, why not?
(allthough, I like the idea of surviving fleeing,... :p , it allmost allways turns out into a swift death when I`m playing... :( )

Wood Eater Ressurected
22-04-2005, 21:02
Heroes can be upgraded by the Court theme. Wardansers ability, waywatchers ability, white stags. unicorns only allowed for specific Court.

Glade guards have only LB. So, 10+ for 12 points rank-and-file no-armor archer seems to me as poinsink.

Akuma
22-04-2005, 21:21
Hmm what about cost of the upgrade to scauts.
2000 = 2x Glade Guards units + 2x Scaut units - all of you'r core slots takken - but it all depends on the cost of the upgrade. But overall i see great potential in the list - could someone summarize what we have ???

Festus
22-04-2005, 21:33
Hi

Hmm what about cost of the upgrade to scauts.
2000 = 2x Glade Guards units + 2x Scaut units - all of you'r core slots takken - but it all depends on the cost of the upgrade. But overall i see great potential in the list - could someone summarize what we have ???

With most armies - but with WE in particular - you're better off if you use more than just the mandatory core choices.

I would advise on taking at least 6 if not more core units with WE.

Greetings
Festus

Il Magno
22-04-2005, 23:49
Hi to all guys, this is my first post on this board.
Let me say I am very happy :D :D , that the forum was not closed, after the drammatic letter published some months ago.
I have a small question in my mind, what the hell are these wild riders? War dancers on horse? War dancers on some kind of beasts?
Many many thanks to everyone that could give me some explanation. :D

adreal
23-04-2005, 00:34
i think wild riders are what will hit as hard as heavy cav. but not be heavy cav (shrugs)

wood eater: thanks for posting the rules and at archers being 12 pts, there 12pts in the high elf book, pretty much naked (ie no armour) and without any special rules, WE archers are a peachy bargin

Nazguire
23-04-2005, 02:01
i think wild riders are what will hit as hard as heavy cav. but not be heavy cav (shrugs)

wood eater: thanks for posting the rules and at archers being 12 pts, there 12pts in the high elf book, pretty much naked (ie no armour) and without any special rules, WE archers are a peachy bargin

So..hit as hard as heavy cavalry (Str 5 or 6) and have bugger all armour (3+ 4+ save) ? Sounds like a winner. I struggle to picture a Wood Elf bogged down in heavy armour that doesn't allow them to move quickly and stealthily.

6th and Final Champion
23-04-2005, 03:20
Thanks for all the info, Wood Eater. What exactly did you mean when you said "bad magic weapons"? Are they all useless or something? I quite like the idea of a lot of Wood Elf stuff being dependant on proximity to woods, mine are always all over woods like a bad rash anyway so it shouldn't be too much of a disadvantage. Do you know if there will be a Wardancer hero like there is a Waywatcher one?

I was wondering about the weapons myself.

Nazguire
23-04-2005, 07:05
I was wondering about the weapons myself.

Yes please, inform us about these mythically bad weapons....are they too expensive, dodgy, useless, colourful, taste bad what?

Il Magno
23-04-2005, 09:25
What a terrible info :eek: , I hope that the hth weapon are not so useless: my best wish is to be able to field a good hth WE list.
Just to change from the usual shoot (missiles and magic), and hide.
Plaese could you tell us more?

Galonthar
23-04-2005, 16:09
hmmm....

bad magic weapons,... that would indeed be terrible (if not worse), when were compared with other races like HE, who have things that hit damn hard (or simply protect too much),... I need those things, or i`ll lose for sure!!

what sorts of armour will the WE wear?,... I can`t really imagine a WE wearing some full bark armour, even if it is magical,... but still... without it,... :eek:

I`d like some magic bows (the WE are an archery race after all...)

Trunks
23-04-2005, 19:38
You shoudl be able to do a full close combat force rather easily.

Winter Guard + Glade Riders + Dryads as Core.
Wardancers + Tree-kin as Special.
Treemen + Eagles as Rare.

You could probably make a force that works just fine with no ranged weaponry whatsoever . . .

Slyracoon
23-04-2005, 20:37
You could probably make a force that works just fine with no ranged weaponry whatsoever . . .
I'd feel a bit dirty doing it though. Wood Elves without bows would be like one of those cats without hair; it functions just as well as a regular cat, but there's still something distinctly wrong about it.

Drabant
23-04-2005, 21:04
You are wrong. A cat without hair doesn't function nearly as well as a cat with hair. Put one cat with hair in the woods, and another cat without and see which one survives. The put one elf with a bow in the woods, and another without, and see which one survives.

Narandil
23-04-2005, 21:50
good point i think it won't be possible (except in a forest spirit)

Nazguire
23-04-2005, 23:11
I'd feel a bit dirty doing it though. Wood Elves without bows would be like one of those cats without hair; it functions just as well as a regular cat, but there's still something distinctly wrong about it.

I want to know HOW would it be viable to make a minimal shooting army of Wood Elves that doesn't contain any plant based warrior life? Is there anything in the WE rules that would allow it to be feasible?

75hastings69
24-04-2005, 09:39
Have any new pictures surfaced yet?

Narandil
24-04-2005, 10:16
theres a close up of an eavy metal one floating around, i can't post pics though but it's on the waytone
http://s8.invisionfree.com/TheWaystone/index.php?showtopic=491&st=0

Il Magno
24-04-2005, 10:24
Hi guys, just to remember you that also the official glade guard picture is at our disposal here

http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/image3.jpg

I hope it is of some interest :)

Narandil
24-04-2005, 10:27
i hate to bring this up, but are these guys clones? they look quite un-positionable

75hastings69
24-04-2005, 10:31
Do you mean in a similar sort of way to the new brets?

I get that feeling too.

I would really like to see pics of Dryads, Mounted WEs (as red shirt said that they were the best horses he had ever seen!!!), and Treemen. Anyone out there seen any of this stuff?

Slyracoon
24-04-2005, 12:50
I want to know HOW would it be viable to make a minimal shooting army of Wood Elves that doesn't contain any plant based warrior life? Is there anything in the WE rules that would allow it to be feasible?
Well seeing as Glade Riders will be core in the new book, you could use them as your core choices, then wardancers and Winter Guard (or whatever they're called) as specials. It wouldn't be very good, but possible to build and win with.

Narandil
24-04-2005, 12:50
has anyone here seen the sprues, can you clear up if they are brettonian-archer style casting?

Leceaus
24-04-2005, 19:31
Sigh..

I don't like the sound of this. It seems to me that most of our close combat units are getting shaft. Although they reinforce our shooting I don't see this as a positive thing. Does GW really want to bring all those "Woodies just shoot! It is so booooooring!" conversations back?

First we lose Dryads. Then Wardancers Unbreakable dance. Next Treemens "no run if not wounded" rule. Glade Riders saves are so bad that they can't take a stick without getting killed.

I can't see how that new unit is going to make it all better.

Sigh..

Slyracoon
24-04-2005, 20:21
Leceaus: Don't go bemoaning all your chickens before they've hatched (no idea where that metaphor came from). Firstly the Treeman will be getting stubborn and with a probable Ld of nine or ten that's a pretty fair trade. Secondly, there are rumours of a slightly better armoured cavalry unit, can anyone confirm or deny this? As far as Wardancers go, I never took them just so they could tie up a unit. I took them so they could kill people, and +1S on the charge will help them do just that. Plus a 4+ ward dance should keep them hanging around a bit longer.

So don't despair just yet :D .

Leceaus
24-04-2005, 23:11
Well I really didn't use Wardancers to tie units either. That was Treemens and Dryads job. Since Dryads lost their aspects, I would have to settle for a Treemen. Which takes a rare slot and costs a lot..

I hope some of these rumours stay only as rumours but I can't help to feel a bit sad about this.

Il Magno
24-04-2005, 23:35
I am also a little bit worried about the list.
I do not like to much to play only the guerrila style.
And I have hope to be able to play a fair HtH army with only missile and magic in support, not playing the main role. I am going out of players that are happy to play against the guerrilla elfs :) OK this is a joke, but really i am a little bit surprised by these rumors, I supposed that the idea was to reallocate a proper role to spearman and infantry, while it seems to me that power (or turnament) players, still will use massive magic and shooting.
What are your opinions? :confused:

Etienne de Beaugard
24-04-2005, 23:59
I think we'd best get used to playing against guerilla-elves, because that looks to be the way the army list is shaping up. Of course we'll have to wait to see how the new tree-spirits (dryads, other, tree-man) turn out.

And if anyone has trouble with whiners complaining 'Why do the Wood Elves always shoooot?! It's so boring!' just look me up. We can trade stories, as all I hear is 'Why do the Bretonnians always use Kniiiiights?! It's so boring!'

Sir Charles
25-04-2005, 00:32
I think we'd best get used to playing against guerilla-elves, because that looks to be the way the army list is shaping up. Of course we'll have to wait to see how the new tree-spirits (dryads, other, tree-man) turn out.

And if anyone has trouble with whiners complaining 'Why do the Wood Elves always shoooot?! It's so boring!' just look me up. We can trade stories, as all I hear is 'Why do the Bretonnians always use Kniiiiights?! It's so boring!'
Hee,Hee :p
I have to agree here it seems to me that the WE are suppose to be mostly shooting. Personaly, I have never understood why they were given spears, which work best in tight ranks, which don't seem to be vary practicle for the close quarters of dense forest. I have always felt that thw would have been more charecterful, it reminds me of the pict in the BRB.

Crazy Harborc
25-04-2005, 00:51
Woodie rumors, some fun/good ones and some bad ones. Conjecture about what's coming can stir the pot and really heat it up.

I'll keep checking this thread for the latest pot stirer news.

Wood Eater Ressurected
25-04-2005, 07:48
Treeman lord has Ld 9

Wild riders have no better 4+ armor (i just can't remember, but seems that woody now have no shields at all), S4+spear, but a lot of special rules.

There are no way that these was just rumours. Repeat once more: I've read armybook

Sepheroph
25-04-2005, 09:04
I've been lead to believe that there are other, more fancy unit types in the book. Care to hint at what they are or do or any information on what they do?

Il Magno
25-04-2005, 09:51
@ Wood eater resurrected: I would not be boring, but please could you tell me what are thw wild riders? Glade guards on horse or something different? I will be very grate if you could tell me.
Thanks in advice :)

Wood Eater Ressurected
25-04-2005, 10:59
wild riders = glade riders + 4S + spec.rules

Il Magno
25-04-2005, 22:32
Thanks a lot! Nice to have a replay from you.
Is it too much if I ask you something about the miniatures?
Looking at what was shown at the French GD, and posted here on Portent, I am now very worried.
Hope to do not ask you too much.
Thanks in advice.

Max_Killfactor
27-04-2005, 00:05
Did you get a chance to look at Orion's stats or his model? If so, what are they like?

Galonthar
27-04-2005, 08:58
I don`t know about you guyz,..

but I wondering about those winter / eternal guard thingies,..

what are those mini`s like? (you see those bloody GG everywhere, but I haven`t seen anything about that new guard)

and about those armour saves....
if the GR and wild rider thingies have such a terrible saves,...
how about our lords / heroes?, its rumourd that the winter guard have heavy armour,... can L & H wear it too??

boogle
27-04-2005, 09:02
maybe they'll get the Pirazzo's/City Guard rule of front Rank Bow armed models and rear Rank Spears

Zeb
27-04-2005, 13:11
Let me just say that WE will become a much more moving army now...
Shooting will still hurt, but movment is essential. Think Ali, "move like a butterfly, sting like a bee".
There wont be much magical armour for WE Lords/Heroes (I think I counted to three), but with magic that grants regeneration, it might not be that needed...

And they won't have LOst Legion/City Guard formation trust me...

Odin
27-04-2005, 13:26
Care to enlighten us further Zeb? Or is it a case of you can tell us, but then you'd have to kill us?

75hastings69
27-04-2005, 13:33
don't mean to be picky but wasnt it "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"?

Is there any info on the Forest Army side of this book yet? are the Lemure from the picture in the other thread from GD France the treemen, or are they something different again? Did Stag riders ever turn up?

Crazy Harborc
28-04-2005, 01:29
Well, perhaps a reason to go to GD Chicago.......seeing the preview of the new Woodies. Let's see..........a ticket is $40(USA) this year. PLUS a bus round trip $25. The bus is a good price, the catch is we gamers are paying to transport the red shirts to Chi-town from here.

scuddman
04-05-2005, 20:37
What can you tell me about the now core dryads?

Are they skirmish? Movement 5? Ws 4? strength 3, toughness 4?
Initiative 4?

Or are they like regular infantry?

How many points is 1 dryad?

Neknoh
04-05-2005, 20:54
But that seems almost too good with a fighty caster character...or very expensive one. :confused:

I have not read the entire thread, so I do not know if this has been mentioned, but do I need to remind you about Exalted/Aspiring Champions of Tzeentch?

adreal
05-05-2005, 01:04
I have not read the entire thread, so I do not know if this has been mentioned, but do I need to remind you about Exalted/Aspiring Champions of Tzeentch?

they are also expensive

HiveTrygon
05-05-2005, 03:21
They sound nice to me. I did hear however the treemen model was terrible. I'm wondering if the person I talked with was refering to the tree kin. I'm not terribly fond of them, might just have to sculpt my own. I picture them more like what is on the dex cover. The dryad is awsome though, as well as the rest of what I've seen. I hope the calvary gets some new elf horse heads though, kinda tired of the current one. ;)

oatish
05-05-2005, 06:33
I would just love to see more of the miniatures. The character model with the big big sword has got me into this army and I would love to see a painted version of this masterpeice. What of the new spear glade guard? Any thoughts on theme or rules?

oatish

Odin
05-05-2005, 11:38
I hope the calvary gets some new elf horse heads though, kinda tired of the current one.

They're getting all-new horses.

The character model with the big big sword has got me into this army and I would love to see a painted version of this masterpeice.

Check out the other Wood Elf threads - there's slightly fuzzy pictures of a painted version doing the rounds. Looks even better painted.

Crazy Harborc
06-05-2005, 00:29
Has the mid/late Summer release schedule changed yet. I mean heck, it's been morfe than two weeks.

Elyas
06-05-2005, 00:48
Has the mid/late Summer release schedule changed yet. I mean heck, it's been morfe than two weeks.

Yeah, I'd really like to get started on a WE army as soon as the summer starts. If they've got the models already, why such a hold up?

Galonthar
06-05-2005, 08:31
damn...
that would be too wonderfull:

that the WE are released in the first week of my summer holiday, tonns of hours I can spend painting & batteling with them!!! :p :p :p :p

Crazy Harborc
07-05-2005, 03:41
Ohhh, we can only hope and wish for a timely release SOON. I mean gee wiz it's only been promised and rescheduled for what.........four years.

polymphus
07-05-2005, 06:24
The release date has been announced for the army box and it is *drumroll*...

20/07/05!!!!

Partypartyparty!!!!!!

Slyracoon
07-05-2005, 11:14
The release date has been announced for the army box and it is *drumroll*...

20/07/05!!!!

Partypartyparty!!!!!!
Which country is this in? The UK?

Il Magno
07-05-2005, 11:27
It is in France!
In Italy it is scheduled for July 29th, but army book seems to be not included within the big box :confused:

Crazy Harborc
08-05-2005, 00:57
A new improved way of selling goodies :rolleyes: . It will cut back on the need to buy the Woodie's army box. With the armybook left out of the army box, people will be free to just buy the units they want, plus the needed armybook..

axels15
08-05-2005, 03:07
people could do that anyway. its just that now, without the option, more people will be doing that. Its unfortunate though, because i would have like to get the box and wahtever special addition model they had. oh well

Il Magno
08-05-2005, 09:26
Sorry guys, what I would say is that in the italian box the army book will not be included.
This was also the case for previous armies. On the net it was also told me that in other countries it is different: army book included in the big box.
Sorry ;)

Galonthar
08-05-2005, 13:08
hmmm...

what about the Holland / Germany ?? is the book in "Da BIG box" there?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Drabant
08-05-2005, 13:23
It makes sense to put the book in the army deal and having it so that you have to buy the deal to get your hands on the book early. In countries where they translate that book it could make sense to release the army deal without the book. (Leaves more time to make the translation and gives customers a choice of which language they want for their books.)

Crazy Harborc
09-05-2005, 02:09
Does GW leave the armybook out without reducing the price to reflect that fact?? Because then you are actually paying twice for an armybook. In an armybox it's not/no longer in and when you have to buy it seperately.

Leceaus
09-05-2005, 15:06
It's GW. It could be a one way to increase prices again.
"Army deal costs the same as before."
"But we don't get armybook anymore!"
"No comments.."

Xxcha
09-05-2005, 18:56
sounds like games workshop to me and now that the box sets have gone up to £18 they have an excuse

Crazy Harborc
10-05-2005, 00:35
Somehow I expect that prices will be going up on this side of the pond..........just before the Woodie's armybox comes out. The question of will it be a 20 or 25% price hike will be answered soon.

Yeah, I know inflation is the cause. Based on the past price hikes, it'll be a 25% price hike.........I mean inflation has been soooo high.......like what? 4% :rolleyes:

Kroq
11-05-2005, 09:22
I wonder if the next sneak peek will have WE other than focusing in on the scouts partially shown in the glade guard sneak pic ?
Anyone remember what day the new sneak peeks come out on ?

Galonthar
11-05-2005, 10:30
well...

it would be cool to see some scouts on sneak peek (the sooner the better!!)
but,.... I`m wondering how the new GL or the "Unit that hits as hard as heavy cav." look like,.... it`s been said the new horses look awesome, but I`d like to see them!!

Zeb
11-05-2005, 14:01
Ok the Armydeal contains:
- 32 Glade Guard (IIRC these can be made into scouts)
- 16 Dryads (Plastic as well)
- 8 Glade Riders (probably Plastic)
- 3 Warhawk Riders
- 6 Wardancers
- Hero
- Mage
- Limited Ed. BSB
- Armybook

It seems to be a really good deal, I'll get one.

Malachi
11-05-2005, 14:26

Given the amount of speculation concerning the content of the Armydeal, I'm curious as to how reliable your source is Zeb. I mean, what you've said makes perfect sense to me, and that's what I'd bet on GW including, I'm just wondering how you're so sure. No offence meant, just curious.

Jester
11-05-2005, 14:58
Well, if it is true, I'm in on the army deal. Then stock up on war dancers, glade riders and warhawk riders. Oh yeah, and maybe I'd add a treeman. And waywatchers of course. And....

Oh, hell, I really can't think of any unit I don't want in my army. This is SO gonna be expensive...

Zeb
11-05-2005, 15:04
I called GW and asked.... That's how reliable I am, and since I'm thinking about getting two boxed it was quite important for me to know. But thanks for the trust placed in me...

Odin
11-05-2005, 16:07
I called GW and asked....

Now why didn't anyone else think of that then?

Not very many Wardancers though - a bit odd. Was expecting a bit more for my money as well, but perhaps that was just overly optimistic.

Drabant
11-05-2005, 16:24
Does anyone know how many different wardancer models there will be?

Captain Morgan
11-05-2005, 16:30
- 32 Glade Guard (IIRC these can be made into scouts)
- 16 Dryads (Plastic as well)
- 8 Glade Riders (probably Plastic)
- 3 Warhawk Riders
- 6 Wardancers
- Hero
- Mage
- Limited Ed. BSB
- Armybook

It seems to be a really good deal, I'll get one.

I would rather have a treeman instead of the BSB and warhawk riders... this will make me think twice about buying the army deal...

Odin
11-05-2005, 17:28
I would rather have a treeman instead of the BSB and warhawk riders... this will make me think twice about buying the army deal...

It was pointed out by someone earlier that the army deals never include any big monsters - no giants, bone giants, stegadons dragons etc. So it was never very likely that the treeman would be in there. There's almost always a BSB, so that was a forgone conclusion - even if you don't want it, limited editions sell quite well on eBay. Warhawk riders may be one of the last models to become available outside the army bow, so if you get in there quick you could do well selling those on eBay as well.

Tancred II von Quenelles
11-05-2005, 18:30
Anybody knows are the Glede Riders and The Wild Hunt going to be in the same box as archers and Scouts

LaughinGremlin
16-05-2005, 21:16
Are my spear-armed Glade Guard useless or can can represent Eternal Guard? I heard the EG carried glaives.

Maybe it's possible to easily convert the metal glade guard spearmen. I have a Sears Craftsman razorblade "cutter" of sorts that makes a nice slice in metal staffs. Cutout the bottom of the spear and blace a blade on the bottom. If you feel that the shaft is too short, then add an extension of shaft above the hand.

I don't have an actual model in front of me now, but it seems like it can work...