PDA

View Full Version : Of marks of Chaos and DOC Daemon Princes.

Grimtuff
13-05-2008, 10:02
Am I being blind here or is the (somewhat expensive) act of dedicating yourself to one of the Gods only to get access to the Spell lists and the GD's gift selection?

Thanks in advance. :)

Solid State
13-05-2008, 10:51
That is correct

T10
13-05-2008, 12:02
Does it affect the Daemon Prince's ability to join units, i.e. does a undedicated Daemon Prince run around all on his lonesome while a Daemon Prince of Khorne gets to join Khorne units?

Grimtuff
13-05-2008, 12:19
Does it affect the Daemon Prince's ability to join units, i.e. does a undedicated Daemon Prince run around all on his lonesome while a Daemon Prince of Khorne gets to join Khorne units?

Check page 30 of the army book. GD's and DP's can never join units. ;)

MrBigMr
13-05-2008, 21:55
Yup, it seems that the dedication is nothing more than a licensing fee paid for the solo right to GD gifts and the right... nay the oblication to use the spells of the chosen deity. While I run a pure Slaanesh legion, that is the one thing I won't go for. I get good gifts as it is and I'm free to choose from 4 lores instead of forced to use 1.

Atrahasis
13-05-2008, 22:14
If DPs were 30 points more expensive and could be marked for free, would people be complaining?

Nurgling Chieftain
13-05-2008, 22:39
I do not believe there exists any set of possible conditions under which people will not complain - not counting, of course, death or other inability to complain, all of which are conditions people would complain about if they could. :p

MrBigMr
14-05-2008, 08:03
DP are pretty expensive as is. I mean you pay the same points for them as before, but they've lost their wings and don't cause terror. So I'll have to pay more to make them even close to what they were, and they still would be far from what they were.

And yet I'm still using one because Heralds don't get wings nor does a KoS and I don't want a GD.

Fulgrim's-Chosen
14-05-2008, 12:06
Note that Heralds CAN get Wings if they are Heralds of Tzeentch. Hey...it's something !

Winged Horror + Master of Sorcery...or Winged Horror + Power Vortex are good combos.